Page 1 of 62 123456789101112131415161718192051 ... LastLast

Thread: AGELESS CAMPAIGN, Episode II, Part V.

Province
    New Hampshire
    Oratio

Ignore User

AGELESS CAMPAIGN, Episode II, Part V.

Temple of the Cat Goddess -
    Fifth & Final Part

September 13th, 1882, 1:30AM.

The party is currently comprised of six employees of the AGELESS Corporation: Lawrence Cantrell, George Eastman, Abigail Marsters, Willamina Parker, Benjamin ‘Fish’ Trout, and Constance Grace ‘Ruby’ West. They currently have two allies: the Egyptian Bast Priestess Sabah and the German fighter (with transformational armor) Freya.

Three hours ago they witnessed Egyptian Princess Neferka and her husband General Ahmed Orabi enter a small pyramid in Gizah, near the largest pyramid, to negotiate a truce with Neferka’s father the King. This went well for 45-minutes, until Orabi shot the King dead with an invisible gun. All hell then broke loose, with:
    1. An apprentice of the Grand Vizier killing his Prince half-brothers;
    2. French wizards killing the Grand Visier and his apprentices;
    3. Orabi attempting to kill George Eastman and nearly killing his fiancé Ruby West in the process;
    4. Mexican Wizard Manuel Gonzales capturing Orabi who is subsequently slain by guards and French wizards
    5. The pyramid becoming sealed shut with a magical iron gate;
    6. French wizards Chevrul and Daguree teleporting away;
    7. French wizard Jacquard being knocked out in hand-to-hand combat by Abby;
    8. Royal Barrister Sefu protecting the Two princesses;
    9. Barrister Sefu taking charge and debating George Eastman;
    10. Neferka revealed to be an imposter, French actress Sarah Bernhardt;
    11. Gonzales and Neferka’s Ogre bodyguard Mengesha dropping their magical disguises;
    12. French Wizard Gouraud being revealed as Orabi’s accomplice in the murder
    13. Gouraud attempting to escape with Jacquard, Gouraud getting away but not his unconscious friend
    14. The pyrmaid’s ventilation shafts being blocked
    15. Ruby blasting away the iron door with her Mexican Fire Wand
    16. The group reuniting outside (Parker and Trout not being inside).
    17. All of the French being under guard except for the Empress
    18. Word getting sent out as to the King’s death
    19. The French dirigible being impounded for the time being
    20. The three Sphynx guarding the Queen and her two daughters.

Willamina has gone off to see if she can find a safer place for the group to go to. Freya is still hiding nearby with the rest of the group's horses. Gonzales is near the Empress. Barrister Sefu is directing the soldiers.

Also note that at dawn the British Army and the Egyptian Rebels will be starting a major battle at the village of Tel el-Kabir, situated near Zakazik (where it is suspected that the real Neferka may still be at).

Abby was just as glad that the Barrister had already had all the magic items collected and would not allow them to look through it. In her mind, she was struggling with Mr. Eastman's casual acceptance of torture as a way to get the information they needed. He was too intelligent a man to think they could only bluff the man with threats of violence. You must be willing to follow through on such a thing, and Abby wasn't sure if she was willing to go that far.

She headed over to where Ruby was approaching the Queen and the Barrister, keeping an eye on the Sphinx to see how it reacted to them.
    Opportunity is usually missed because it shows up in overalls looking like work. -- Mike Rowe

Province
    New Hampshire
    Oratio

Ignore User
    As they get closer to the royal family the three sphynx move in closer to beter protect the women.

With a sudden change of mind, Abby turned and walked back toward the old Wizard, Gonzales. Reaching him, she said, "You know Miss West well, yes? Do you know Mr. Eastman as well? He can't really believe the Barrister is going to let us take that Frenchman to interrogate ourselves. That man has the attitude of someone who knows he's in authority."
    Opportunity is usually missed because it shows up in overalls looking like work. -- Mike Rowe

Province
    New Hampshire
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by orchid blossom View Post
    "You know Miss West well, yes? Do you know Mr. Eastman as well? He can't really believe the Barrister is going to let us take that Frenchman to interrogate ourselves. That man has the attitude of someone who knows he's in authority."
    Gonzales says, "I have known Miss West for a considerable amount of time. My first impression of Mr. Eastman was not positive, although it has moderated over time. One thing that displeased me initially about Eastman is his overall attitude that he will get whatever he wants. At the time he wanted Miss West despite her being in a serious relationship at the time, and he presisted until he won. So I am not surprised he actually thinks he can bully the Barrister, but in this instance I agree with you, our Egyptian lawyer will only give us so much latitude."

Quote Originally Posted by SilverMoon View Post
    Gonzales says, "I have known Miss West for a considerable amount of time. My first impression of Mr. Eastman was not positive, although it has moderated over time. One thing that displeased me initially about Eastman is his overall attitude that he will get whatever he wants. At the time he wanted Miss West despite her being in a serious relationship at the time, and he presisted until he won. So I am not surprised he actually thinks he can bully the Barrister, but in this instance I agree with you, our Egyptian lawyer will only give us so much latitude."
    Abby nodded and considered that for a moment. "The truth is, the Barrister has the authority here, and we don't want to challenge it. And the only way we could is physically, and that's a bad, bad move.

Our concern here has been to unearth the French plot, make the Egyptian royal family aware of it and protect them, and keep Egypt free. This situation, in their eyes we are superfluous at best and suspicious at worst."

Her talking was the mental equivalent of pacing, trying to work her way through the problem to a solution. "So how do we become valuable? Just offering our services won't do it. We're still outsiders here."

Province
    New Hampshire
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Abby nodded and considered that for a moment. "The truth is, the Barrister has the authority here, and we don't want to challenge it. And the only way we could is physically, and that's a bad, bad move.
    Gonzales replies, "I concur, especially with those three sphynx present, we lack the power to defeat them."

Our concern here has been to unearth the French plot, make the Egyptian royal family aware of it and protect them, and keep Egypt free. This situation, in their eyes we are superfluous at best and suspicious at worst."
    He replies, "You were of considerable help with that already. Your information from Merimee helped to shift the Barrister's view towards the French, and Baron Gouraud's collusion with Orabi to murder the King helped to then confirm it."

Her talking was the mental equivalent of pacing, trying to work her way through the problem to a solution. "So how do we become valuable? Just offering our services won't do it. We're still outsiders here."
    Gonzales says, "We provide value through the continued unravellng of the French plot, and if we can help accomplish that before dawn, then the bloodshed of the armies can be spared."

Province
    Long Island, NY
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Ruby waved at the Queen and called out. "Your Majesty! A quick word please!"
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree... it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." — Albert Einstein

Ruby Selari Molly

Province
    New Hampshire
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Queenie View Post
    Ruby waved at the Queen and called out. "Your Majesty! A quick word please!"
    Two Egyptian guards move to block Ruby but the Queen Nikkathia stops them and says, "No, let the Trollop's Granddaughter speak."

Gonzales says, "We provide value through the continued unravellng of the French plot, and if we can help accomplish that before dawn, then the bloodshed of the armies can be spared."
    "I guess I have to hope that Mr. Eastman's bullying is successful, then. Although I don't care for his interrogation techniques."

Province
    New Hampshire
    Oratio

Ignore User
    "I guess I have to hope that Mr. Eastman's bullying is successful, then. Although I don't care for his interrogation techniques."
    He replies, "As long as it is the French and not us who are under arrest there is still hope. And even if Eastman pushes too far and finds himself in shackles, I believe that I can keep the two of us from suffering the same fate."

Province
    Long Island, NY
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Two Egyptian guards move to block Ruby but the Queen Nikkathia stops them and says, "No, let the Trollop's Granddaughter speak."
    Ruby kept her anger at the insult to her grandmother inside, she didn't want to do anything to further anger the Queen.

"Your Majesty, I am so sorry for what has happened to your family. I hope you can believe me when I say I am a true friend of your daughter, that is how I knew that girl inside was a phony. My goal now is to find your daughter and return her safely to you. and also to find the assassin's that have done these horrible deeds and help bring them to justice."

She watched the Queen closely and also kept an eye on Nefika's sisters.
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree... it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." — Albert Einstein

Ruby Selari Molly

Province
    New Hampshire
    Oratio

Ignore User
    "Your Majesty, I am so sorry for what has happened to your family. I hope you can believe me when I say I am a true friend of your daughter, that is how I knew that girl inside was a phony.
    The Queen says, "I am not inclinded to believe anything that you state, but given that my daughter's trusted guard Mengesha has verified you story then I take it to be true."

"My goal now is to find your daughter and return her safely to you. and also to find the assassin's that have done these horrible deeds and help bring them to justice." She watched the Queen closely and also kept an eye on Nefika's sisters.
    The Queen says, "I share those goals. Do you have any suggestions as to how we would best accomplish those tasks?"

Province
    Long Island, NY
    Oratio

Ignore User
    George catches the attention of Sefu. "Barrister Sefu, might I request that you place the airship under my command for the time being. I am willing to act upon your orders of course, but I believe I am the only one here whom you can trust who knows how the operate the vehicle. And time is of the essence in combating the French plot." suggests George in his most diplomatic tone.
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they will never sit under.

Play By Post Games

He replies, "As long as it is the French and not us who are under arrest there is still hope. And even if Eastman pushes too far and finds himself in shackles, I believe that I can keep the two of us from suffering the same fate."
    She barked out a laugh, loud enough that a few people turned to look at her for a moment. "You'd leave him here, then? I don't think my boss would like that," Abby said, still chuckling.

"I'm sorry. It's been a long couple of days and I may be a little punch drunk," she added and tried to get herself back under control.

• Page 1 of 62 123456789101112131415161718192051 ... LastLast