Thread: Asshattery is Alive and Kicking!

Province
    Los Angeles, CA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    Zapp has issues, and is a major dick, but he's had some legit complaints: superiority of range, for instance. But, then, he bangs his drum over and over and over and over. Oh, and does his thread cop bullshit. Bleah. What a tool.
    Zapp's minor shtick about ranged stuff is actually just him borrowing it from Zardinar. He saw Zard complain about ranged stuff, and as usual just added it to his list of complaints about 5e in his quest to gather all the complaints he sees about 5e.
    I like hats.

Ranged has been superior in every edition of D&D, so you'd be borrowing that complaint from, I dunno, Ernie Gygax or someone.
    Still excited about 4th Edition!
    -----
    * 'You'd need to start with a party of 20 or 30, so that each of the grisly traps could fail to be avoided.' -- Calamari Face, discussing a D&D movie set in the Tomb of Horrors

Province
    The Rose City, Pacific NW USA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    View this thread before Morrus returns on Monday and the good stuff is gone: http://www.enworld.org/forum/content...PG-Communities
    "d00d,
    most people are idiots"
    --diaglo

Province
    Colorado Springs
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarion'sCousin View Post
    View this thread before Morrus returns on Monday and the good stuff is gone: http://www.enworld.org/forum/content...PG-Communities
    Daaaaaaaaaaaamn.
    If you're going to be an asshole, commit. Don't piss on me and tell me that it's raining.

Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarion'sCousin View Post
    I just want to know which posts get banned... but I'm too lazy to archive the thread for future checking...

Oh, wait, no I'm not:
    https://web.archive.org/web/20180108...s#.WlQEfPmnFpg

(Wayback machine is only archiving page 1 for some reason so I saved the thread as a pdf too...)
    I wouldn't even censor you.

Province
    Liverpool, UK
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrus
    I'll just close this appalling display while I have access to a computer. Several people will be leaving this community when I get back on Monday.
    Appalling? Several people getting banned? Did something get removed before the archive?

The worst statement there was someone generalizing that being proud of being straight and/or white automatically makes you a neo-nazi, as if expressing a love for Morris Dancing turns you into Hitler.

A minority of people expressed concern that having exclusionary hiring policies, isn't a great idea, but hardly in a way that was appalling.

Personally I wish them every success, be interesting to see what they produce. Having read #Feminism, I hope they can come up with something that is a bit more "game-like" than that, which seemed more like the sort of roleplay you would do in social studies classroom, than actual games. Still their other credits seem more like you would call traditional RPGs, and Misha Bushyager was only an editor on #Feminism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Oliver View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    Damn you and your perfectly valid criticism!

Province
    St. Louis, MO
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Morrus is just incredibly woke and has no time for the savages. His site his rules.
    18/100 Strength!

Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Appalling? Several people getting banned? Did something get removed before the archive?
    Nope. It (as of now) still remains unaltered from when I first read it.

It's as Flexxor says, not enough people were immediately rah-rahing the 'diversity' of three black people getting together and hanging out the 'No Whitey" sign on their business.

Province
    It is a Mystery.
    Oratio

Ignore User

The worst statement there was
    Really? That's what you think the worst statement was?

Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    not enough people were immediately rah-rahing the 'diversity'
    What a ludicrous statement. That's not at all what happened.

of three black people getting together and hanging out the 'No Whitey" sign on their business.
    Straight white males aren't an underrepresented demographic in the industry.

Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarbonac View Post
    Really? That's what you think the worst statement was?
    I'd love to see what you thought was the worst offender in the thread.

To me it's Morrus.

That's exactly what happened. It's not why Mo got his panties in a twist and closed the thread, but it is what happened.

Straight white males aren't an underrepresented demographic in the industry.
    So.... in a meritocracy the best are rising to the top. Where's the problem?

Look at it like this, most gamers have little to no idea what the skin color of their 'favorite' rpg creators are likely to be, it's only the 'real fans', the ones that go to cons and try to follow blogs, etc* that would have any clue that their games are made by europeans, africans, south americans, asians, etc.

So what's the fucking problem with there being an "overrepresentation"? Has anyone been held back from making games because they were the wrong color? Or sex? or anything?**

* Or like I did, they just do a google search these days. But aside from the racists (on both sides) who cares?

** I do know of one person who has been castigated for his political views, but that nigger deserves it (and he kinda relishes it).

Province
    Liverpool, UK
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Please point out the appalling statement then.

Province
    Liverpool, UK
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Look at it like this, most gamers have little to no idea what the skin color of their 'favorite' rpg creators are likely to be, it's only the 'real fans', the ones that go to cons and try to follow blogs, etc* that would have any clue that their games are made by europeans, africans, south americans, asians, etc.
    I'd been playing Cyberpunk for years before I learned Mike Pondsmith was black. I mean this was before the internet was a big thing of course.

Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio

Ignore User
    I'd been playing Cyberpunk for years before I learned Mike Pondsmith was black. I mean this was before the internet was a big thing of course.
    Ditto. I only found out this year when that youtube video made the rounds about CP2077.

Province
    It is a Mystery.
    Oratio

Ignore User
    To me it's Morrus.

That's exactly what happened.
    Why am I not surprised by this?

So.... in a meritocracy the best are rising to the top.
    >in a meritocracy

Yeah, "in a meritocracy" -- were such a thing to exist outside of Star Trek:TNG. In the real world (you've been there, right?), Women and minorities have been held down and back for fucking centuries by the dominant actors (straight white men) in American society. Yes, you can point to outliers -- freed blacks who owned slaves and businesses, American Indians who adopted Western ways and prospered as plantation-owning slave-keepers, women who went into business and became wealthy, but these "successes"were rare...but not because women or blacks or Indians are inferior, but because straight white men held the reigns of wealth and power, and they wrote the laws to benefit themselves, so women and blacks were often seen as (and legally were) chattel. Indians were seen as subhuman, animals, vermin, to be extirpated so that white men could exploit the resources of the land. This ignoring the farms, towns, ritual spaces and even cities that these people had built.

Please point out the appalling statement then.

>the appalling statement

That's cute.
    "1 out of 3 Trump supporters is as stupid as the other 2"

Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Yes, you can point to outliers -- freed blacks who owned slaves and businesses, American Indians who adopted Western ways and prospered as plantation-owning slave-keepers, women who went into business and became wealthy, but these "successes"were rare...but not because women or blacks or Indians are inferior, but because straight white men held the reigns of wealth and power, and they wrote the laws to benefit themselves, so women and blacks were often seen as (and legally were) chattel. Indians were seen as subhuman, animals, vermin, to be extirpated so that white men could exploit the resources of the land. This ignoring the farms, towns, ritual spaces and even cities that these people had built.
    It's 2018 now, not 1860.

>the appalling statement

That's cute.
    Just name one then. Point to one post where the thread hurt you in your feels.

• Page 196 of 215 FirstFirst ... 96146177178179180181182183184185186187188189190191192193194195196197198199200201202203204205206207208209210211212213214215 LastLast