Thread: Asshattery is Alive and Kicking!

  1. #2806
    Love and Hate leopold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Province
    Mason Dixie Line
    Oratio
    2,834
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Fuck that flaming lil princess. He lacked Testicular Fortitude.
    Failed RPG Writer.

 

  • #2807
    Pony Up! Ovinomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    27,623
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by leopold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    Fuck that flaming lil princess. He lacked Testicular Fortitude.
    Couldn't even hack ENW.
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I think ovi's right.

  • #2808
    56% of an excuse nail bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio
    29,458
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    Couldn't even hack ENW.
    If he can't make it in that safe space, ain't gonna make it nowhere.
    Hop on in, this rabbit hole is deep.

  • #2809
    Love and Hate leopold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Province
    Mason Dixie Line
    Oratio
    2,834
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    If he can't make it in that safe space, ain't gonna make it nowhere.

    Dragon's foot?
    Failed RPG Writer.

  • #2810
    %0 correct Scarbonac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    It is a Mystery.
    Oratio
    4,575
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistwell View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    Oh no not that what will we do now oh god save us.
    "1 out of 3 Trump supporters is as stupid as the other 2"

  • #2811
    I want watermelon! Bagpuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    Liverpool, UK
    Oratio
    9,066
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarbonac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    Oh no not that what will we do now oh god save us.
    I hope he didn't take his ball with him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Oliver View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    Damn you and your perfectly valid criticism!

  • #2812
    Maxperson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Oratio
    1,273
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I hope he didn't take his ball with him.
    No need to worry. He didn't have any balls.

  • #2813
    That's Wacist! Mistwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    Los Angeles, CA
    Oratio
    25,926
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Some minor asshattery here. In the form of over-the-top hysteria over something really quite minor.

    Background: Mike Mearls is doing an Ask Me Anything, he was asked what he would change if he had to do it over again, and said he wishes he had made the druid more shapechanger and less spellcaster.

    Aldarac proceed to lose his fucking mind.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aldarc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I'm incredibly troubled by his thoughts on the druid, and I am deathly worried that he won't listen to critics of his ideas but only to those who echo his sentiments (or even those who remain silent on the matter). The sort of changes he wants to make to the druid strike me as far too radical and detrimental to the history, aesthetic, and appeal of the class. In so doing what Mearls proposes, I fear that while he may attract some to the class, it also runs the serious risk of alienating others, myself included, from a class that I have long loved playing. And the result of such an endeavor may simply result in a repeat of 4E's problems with spreading the druid archetype across classes too thinly.
    Yes, he's "incredibly troubled" by the though Mearls wishes he had done something different with the Druid. He's "deathly worried" that Mearls will....do something? Break in his house and paste in a new Druid over the existing one in his PHB? Publish an alternative optional Druid in a future book where (EGADS!) someone out there might use a druid Aldarac doesn't like? Oh and he fears people will be "alienated" if Mearls publishes such an optional alternative class?

    For fucks sake!
    I like hats.

  • #2814
    That's Wacist! Mistwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    Los Angeles, CA
    Oratio
    25,926
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    One of the faster bans I've ever seen at EnWorld:

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam R. Boyd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    Who wrote this craptarded note? I see why there is no byline. It says in the quote you quoted "roll each round". Then you ask "maybe initiative is rolled each round?". Please leave the writing to the literate, maybe go watch wrassling or something.

    Which got this:

    Quote Originally Posted by Morrus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    Hi. Welcome to my place. Nice way to introduce yourself. Now go away.
    The post was written by Morrus. But, it was obviously being written like breaking news that he just quickly relayed to readers. It's not like it was some in depth article on the intricacies on something, he had just done a quick cut and paste of a section of a very long AMA with Mike Mearls regarding a specific topic, and then posted his own immediate thoughts about it.

    And then New-Dickheaderson comes in and slams Morrus for....conveying the news.
    Last edited by Mistwell; May 16th, 2017 at 08:59 PM.
    I like hats.

  • #2815
    %0 correct Scarbonac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    It is a Mystery.
    Oratio
    4,575
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Good finds.
    "1 out of 3 Trump supporters is as stupid as the other 2"

  • #2816
    That's Wacist! Mistwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    Los Angeles, CA
    Oratio
    25,926
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    This is not asshattery in a post. However, it's a post about asshattery in a game, that's worth taking a look at it.

    There is a sort of build-up to understanding what happened. It starts with a guy, fairly new to D&D I suspect, saying, "I am hoping to resolve a dispute with my DM and I would like some community input. Half way through the Tyranny of Dragons campaign our DM introduced two new players in an adventure without the knowledge or attendance of the main players. The adventure had severe adverse consequences to both the campaign and the main players. Does the results of the adventure stand or does the lack of player involvement overrule the DM and void the whole adventure as never having happened?"

    This got a head scratch from me. What the fuck is he talking about? My instincts are automatically, "What the DM says, goes, and no there is no rule for voiding an adventure."

    And then he explains what happened, and I am even more "WHAT.THE.FUCK!!!??!"

    The short of it is this: The players were playing in a campaign. After a session, the DM then secretly got another set of players to play in that campaign, with new characters, and then the DM played the first group's PC's as if they were NPCs, and the second secret group attacked the PCs of the first group (without those players being present) almost killing a couple, killing a major important NPC, and taking some of the PC's stuff. Then the first group is told by the DM later that those events happened in their campaign (despite them not being there to play their characters).

    Most responses, once this is finally explained, are, "Fuck that guy! Ditch that DM and start your own group!"

    One response I thought was funny was this one (by a user named BoldItalic), "Suggestion: get together with the original group of players and a different DM for a secret one-off session, move the story forward from where you left off, then present the new situation to the original DM and say "this is what happened in your campaign while you were away."

    He won't like it.

    Then you say, "Well, that's how we feel about what you have done."

    It was bizarre enough I thought it worth posting here. I am guessing this is a new (and younger) DM. It's the sort of stupid shit we used to do at age 13.
    Last edited by Mistwell; May 18th, 2017 at 06:48 PM.
    I like hats.

  • #2817
    %0 correct Scarbonac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    It is a Mystery.
    Oratio
    4,575
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    That takes"That DM" to whole new levels.

    [edit: This sounds almost like a "Knights of the Dinner Table" strip!]
    Last edited by Scarbonac; May 18th, 2017 at 07:47 PM. Reason: sudden realization
    "1 out of 3 Trump supporters is as stupid as the other 2"

  • #2818
    Maxperson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Oratio
    1,273
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistwell View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    It was bizarre enough I thought it worth posting here. I am guessing this is a new (and younger) DM. It's the sort of stupid shit we used to do at age 13.
    That's exactly what I was thinking. It's the kind of thing we tried to do when we were in junior high and high school.

  • #2819
    56% of an excuse nail bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio
    29,458
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistwell View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I am guessing this is a new (and younger) DM. It's the sort of stupid shit we used to do at age 13.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxperson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    That's exactly what I was thinking. It's the kind of thing we tried to do when we were in junior high and high school.
    I've known adults who are stupid enough to try to pull that shit if they were to GM.
    Hop on in, this rabbit hole is deep.

  • #2820

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Province
    Cape Town
    Oratio
    175
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    This is some quality stuff here by Yaarel (post #1188)
    Last edited by Sadras; June 29th, 2017 at 02:17 PM.

  • Page 188 of 190 FirstFirst ... 88138169170171172173174175176177178179180181182183184185186187188189190 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •