Thread: Asshattery is Alive and Kicking!

Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    Wherein I tempt fate to point out the enthusiastic hope that Disney punishes a labeled group, in true thought police manner.

For posterity, I deplore the stupid attacks, but find the language around labels and hopes for horrible actions unto those labels to be worse that the decried behavior.
    Touching that topic is playing with fire. Morrus accused me of being a holocaust denier a few months ago and almost permabanned me for saying that despite the horrors they went through(a clear admission of the holocaust), some holocaust survivors are not above using their trajedy(another clear admission of the holocaust) for political gain. People use trajedy for political/financial gain pretty much every shooting, including the families of the slain.

Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio

Ignore User
    For posterity, I deplore the stupid attacks, but find the language around labels and hopes for horrible actions unto those labels to be worse that the decried behavior.
    If Umbran is up to snuff i expect a thread banning for you! Flag on the play: Junior Self Modding!

Don't you know citizen, you aren't allowed to moderate your behavior! Only properly appointed mods can do that!
    I wouldn't even censor you.

Absolutely, I was having a ball hoisting pemerton on his own petard, and I couldn't resist the easy tweak to that dumb ass rhetorical.
    I find arguing with pemerton to be one of those activities that I know isn't good for me but I just keep doing it anyway. Kind of like smoking would be, if I smoked.

If I have to read one more of his bloody game logs...

Lan-"the same name in both forums - makes it easier for me to remember"-efan

Fuck me this was funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanefan
    I find arguing with pemerton to be one of those activities that I know isn't good for me but I just keep doing it anyway. Kind of like smoking would be, if I smoked.

I knew there had to be more that felt the same way.
    Last edited by Sadras; June 12th, 2018 at 08:34 PM.

Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanefan View Post
    Why would you read his game logs?

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    Why would you read his game logs?
    He pimps them incessantly, and refers to them to provide proof he's right about whatever he's going on about at the time. Usually that you can't get the awesome of narrativist play in D&D, but by way of asking what some technique for running D&D means or is used or whatever. Doesn't matter, it always comes back to pemerton pretending to not understand any points but those that fit his agenda to get people to acknowledge that narrativist play is just better.
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I think ovi's right.

I *want* to like pemerton's game logs and his general support of 4e (I am "4e's diaglo" after all), but fuck no.
    Still excited about 4th Edition!
    -----
    * 'You'd need to start with a party of 20 or 30, so that each of the grisly traps could fail to be avoided.' -- Calamari Face, discussing a D&D movie set in the Tomb of Horrors

Province
    Melbourne
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Do you people realise how incredibly vile you all are?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Wickett View Post
    I'm mostly with Spoony.

He pimps them incessantly, and refers to them to provide proof he's right about whatever he's going on about at the time. Usually that you can't get the awesome of narrativist play in D&D, but by way of asking what some technique for running D&D means or is used or whatever. Doesn't matter, it always comes back to pemerton pretending to not understand any points but those that fit his agenda to get people to acknowledge that narrativist play is just better.
    While engaging in many of the things he calls out as bad in other playstyles. His hypocrisy is pretty astounding.

Quote Originally Posted by Kzach View Post
    Yes - neither more nor less vile than you or most other people, methinks.

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanefan View Post
    Yes - neither more nor less vile than you or most other people, methinks.
    Definitely less.
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    I think ovi's right.

Province
    Liverpool, UK
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Kzach View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Oliver View Post
    Damn you and your perfectly valid criticism!

Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Need some help giving Bagpus my love.

I tried to cover for nail bunny, but apparently I must spread it around...

There are so few of us left that I really can't grant dignitas to anybody. I'm going to have to dig up some old thread and just start randomly granting it to people I don't remember.

- - -

In asshattery related news, does it make me an asshat that I think Ken St. Andre's bio is way too long? (Was looking at it on the Origins site... he's a guest of honor there.)

http://originsgamefair.com/guests/

Kenneth Eugene St. Andre arrived on Earth shortly after midnight on April 28, 1947 in Ogden, Utah. He grew up and lived all his life in Phoenix, Arizona.

Ken’s main claim to fame as a game designer comes from his creation of Tunnels and Trolls in 1975. It was the second rpg actually published in the USA. Ken published it himself at the Arizona State University print shop in June in an edition of 100 copies. He only beat Empire of the Petal Throne into print by a couple of weeks and M.A.R. Barker’s game was by far the more impressive offering. In an effort to unload the excess copies not needed by his gaming friends in Phoenix, Ken asked Rick Loomis of Flying Buffalo to take them to Origins and try selling them there for $1 each. Rick kindly agreed and to his surprise managed to sell them all. When he returned from the Con, Rick made a deal with Ken to make Flying Buffalo the official publisher and promoter of T & T. That lucky deal has insured the survival of the game.

Ken still lives in Phoenix, still does things for and with Flying Buffalo, still creates new games and new modules for his older games, still tends to get in trouble from time to time. Ken still owns the copyright to Tunnels & Trolls. And he doesn’t intend to quit doing any of those things any time in the near future.
    Visit Ken in the Exhibit Hall, booth 408
    Still excited about 4th Edition!
    -----
    * 'You'd need to start with a party of 20 or 30, so that each of the grisly traps could fail to be avoided.' -- Calamari Face, discussing a D&D movie set in the Tomb of Horrors

Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    Need some help giving Bagpus my love.
    Covered.

• Page 212 of 215 FirstFirst ... 112162193194195196197198199200201202203204205206207208209210211212213214215 LastLast