Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: May your thoughts be random (2012)

Province
    Anxiety Closet, Bloom County
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf Witch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    You are not a screw up. You are dealing with a mental illness there is a big difference. If you had a physical disability that limited your ability to help care for your parents you would not call yourself a screw up.
    Thanks. I'm just feeling very unhelpful, because I can't help them more, when in truth I really have to help myself more first, but it's easier said then done of course. I did call before to check on mom (I don't call every single day if nothing much is going on). She says she's sore from how she landed and was just wrapping up on the computer to go down stairs to have lunch & then lay down.

I actually went out today. I had to pick over 20 graphic novels from the library & I decided to get Chinese for lunch & drop some things off at the hospital charity shop. After I dropped off the few things I had, I found some yarn & ribbons that I'm going to give my mom for Mother's Day for her to use for doll clothes and the little old lady complimented me on my glittery turquoise. At the library I helped a little girl with some tips on how to make sure library books get returned on time (her mom was not happy she had to pay $16 in fines), like slipping a piece of paper with the date into every book, put books that are finished some place where you'll know that they can be returned while running errands, and to buy or make 'hard to lose' magnetic bookmarks. I got all my graphic novels & was so glad I brought my wonderful L.L. Bean leather bottom backpack that I've had for years, because they all fit with hardly any room to spare. Plus, the head librarian complimented me on my wallet, which I have also had for years and I love it & get compliments on it all the time.

Lunch was ok. I bought Coke made with HFC instead of sugar at one of the Hispanic mini markets by accident, so it was meh and the Sweet & Sour Shrimp were a tad too breaded, but the fortune cookies were good... even Zeal likes them. Still, it was a good lunch & a good day (which started with a great episode of NCIS this morning) and I need to have more of those.
    I'm dealing with a lot of scary things. I think you have to react to them. And you either laugh at them or you go insane. Jim Butcher, Death Masks

"I love you and I love vanilla, but your family tastes like paper."

Personal Dream

Province
    South Florida
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by AuroraGyps View Post
    Thanks. I'm just feeling very unhelpful, because I can't help them more, when in truth I really have to help myself more first, but it's easier said then done of course. I did call before to check on mom (I don't call every single day if nothing much is going on). She says she's sore from how she landed and was just wrapping up on the computer to go down stairs to have lunch & then lay down.

I actually went out today. I had to pick over 20 graphic novels from the library & I decided to get Chinese for lunch & drop some things off at the hospital charity shop. After I dropped off the few things I had, I found some yarn & ribbons that I'm going to give my mom for Mother's Day for her to use for doll clothes and the little old lady complimented me on my glittery turquoise. At the library I helped a little girl with some tips on how to make sure library books get returned on time (her mom was not happy she had to pay $16 in fines), like slipping a piece of paper with the date into every book, put books that are finished some place where you'll know that they can be returned while running errands, and to buy or make 'hard to lose' magnetic bookmarks. I got all my graphic novels & was so glad I brought my wonderful L.L. Bean leather bottom backpack that I've had for years, because they all fit with hardly any room to spare. Plus, the head librarian complimented me on my wallet, which I have also had for years and I love it & get compliments on it all the time.

Lunch was ok. I bought Coke made with HFC instead of sugar at one of the Hispanic mini markets by accident, so it was meh and the Sweet & Sour Shrimp were a tad too breaded, but the fortune cookies were good... even Zeal likes them. Still, it was a good lunch & a good day (which started with a great episode of NCIS this morning) and I need to have more of those.
    That's the spirit find joy in the little things.

I know that it is hard. For me the combo of my migraines, back pain, seizures and mental health issues sometimes backs me just want to give up and dwell in the bad place.

Right now with my housing woes it is really hard to find any happiness but I have been eeking some out. I just got caught up on Once Upon A Time an excellent show and I happy that Eureka is back. So it may only be TV but it gives me some joy and that is way better than nothing.

Province
    Waynesville, NC
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    I may end up working out of state for the summer, but at least, if the company I just had a phone interview with hires me, I'll be getting per diem. And that would

Has the technology COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Bront's Avatar
    Province
    Aurora, IL
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerfherder View Post
    Are you sure...?

Best wishes - here's hoping your string of bad luck is over now
    Yup. It's a job, but sadly, they're draconian on their internet policies. Hopefully it turns into something more than a contract at least.

Province
    Burnsville, MN
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    I've been a member of this site for 5 years now....
    "I can hope that my ass is made of ice cream but that don't make me a hot fudge sundae." ~Bender

senility is sexy COMMUNITY SUPPORTER diaglo's Avatar
    Province
    Stoned Mtn, GA
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Wulfwynn CM
    FWIW, I'm on the design team and I pretty much find WoW as fun and interesting as banging my head against a brick wall.-- Mike Mearls

I mean, I never GET any but that would be preferable. --Rel

That's NOT a ball-gag! COMMUNITY SUPPORTER guyjin's Avatar
    Province
    The land between two rivers
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    This morning, at the convenience store, I was served by a large black woman with some tatoos on her arms.

I'm pretty sure one of them was, in cursive, "Rel".

you were a busy guy back in the day, huh?

Frack you, Rusty! COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Rel's Avatar
    Province
    In my house.
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulfwynn View Post
    I've been a member of this site for 5 years now....
    Wow. That's like 1/3 of your life!

Quote Originally Posted by guyjin View Post
    This morning, at the convenience store, I was served by a large black woman with some tatoos on her arms.

I'm pretty sure one of them was, in cursive, "Rel".

you were a busy guy back in the day, huh?
    I'm a busy guy ALL the time.
    www.scottmoorecoaching.com

The next CAMP NCGD is on April 23-27, 2015.

the sandwich is next! SeatownJay's Avatar
    Province
    In my own mind
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    In two weeks I will be on a plane, heading back to Seattle for the first time in 14 years. I have mixed feelings about it.
    space for rent

Province
    NC
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    May sucks so far. I want to go back to April...
    Try to scream but it only comes out as a yawn...BNL's Pinch Me

Province
    Anxiety Closet, Bloom County
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallltree View Post
    Only if it can be April 2011. I think I remember that month not sucking.
    I'm dealing with a lot of scary things. I think you have to react to them. And you either laugh at them or you go insane. Jim Butcher, Death Masks

"I love you and I love vanilla, but your family tastes like paper."

Personal Dream

Weevil/Ligon COMMUNITY SUPPORTER WayneLigon's Avatar
    Province
    Montgomery, AL
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    I had a great dinner while unable to not overhear (along with the people on the other side, and across the aisle) the family behind me, while the mother went at the daughter for every minor transgression she'd made since getting out of diapers. I especially liked the part where she tried to convince her daughter that if she continued to be so uppity (her words), her high school teacher would beat her with a board in front of the whole school and wouldn't she be embarrassed then.

Province
    NC
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallltree View Post
    On the bright side, the next time you guys visit us, we should have our very own hot tub*. My parents just got one last fall, and realized they don't actually want it. It's brand new and they're selling it for half what they paid for it. Woot.

*Despite recent events. I'll just be chugging pedialyte next time.

Frack you, Rusty! COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Rel's Avatar
    Province
    In my house.
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Trillian View Post
    On the bright side, the next time you guys visit us, we should have our very own hot tub*. My parents just got one last fall, and realized they don't actually want it. It's brand new and they're selling it for half what they paid for it. Woot.

*Despite recent events. I'll just be chugging pedialyte next time.
    This post is approved by Rel!
    www.scottmoorecoaching.com

The next CAMP NCGD is on April 23-27, 2015.

Aaaahh, shuutup! Kid Charlemagne's Avatar
    Oratio
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by AuroraGyps View Post
    Only if it can be April 2011. I think I remember that month not sucking.
    Well of course. It went on for like four months, just ask Ovi.
    If other people's pain didn't amuse me, I wouldn't be a GM. -barsoomcore

• Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast