Page 8 of 58 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: MASS EFFECT 3 PLAYTHROUGH WITH SPOILERS!

awesum sauce, side of kickass Dark Jezter's Avatar
    Province
    The Rockies.
    Oratio
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilance View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    Maybe it's because he could be dead from ME 1?
    So can Ashley or Kaiden. Also, it's possible for Garrus and Tali to die during the suicide mission in ME2.
    Last edited by Dark Jezter; March 21st, 2012 at 05:04 AM.

Province
    The Rockies.
    Oratio
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucita View Post
    So I just finished.

First thought after finishing: .......weird.

Second thought: Can I have some of whatever Bioware has? It seems like good shit.

Don't know if I like the ending or not yet. I'm going to have to think about it.
    I can only assume that they were trying to pay homage to films like 2001: A Space Odyssey and Contact... which feels very out of place in a Star Wars-like space opera.

Also, this made me laugh:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG4EyfXOTJ4"]Mass Effect 3 - The Animal House Ending Extended Cut - YouTube[/ame]
    Last edited by Dark Jezter; March 21st, 2012 at 05:43 AM.

Province
    100 Hurricane Swamp
    Oratio
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilance View Post
    Maybe it's because he could be dead from ME 1?
    As can your entire squad from ME2.

You didn't give that answer any thought did you?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Jezter View Post
    Also, this made me laugh:
    Now that's an homage ending I can respect.

Province
    Just south of Detroit
    Oratio
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucita View Post
    Don't know if I like the ending or not yet. I'm going to have to think about it.
    Y'all have likely read by now what's wrong about the ME3 ending. Rock, Paper Shotgun has posted their take on what's right with it.

Province
    Mason Dixie Line
    Oratio
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by nail kitty View Post
    In Deus Ex: Human Revolution this is the guy your ex-girlfriend shacked up with:

Spoiler:
    Why is she fucking a quarian?
    Professional Scotch Drinker.

Province
    100 Hurricane Swamp
    Oratio
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by leopold View Post
    Why is she fucking a quarian?
    He's socketed for her pleasure.

new dads don't sleep either COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Belen's Avatar
    Province
    South Carolina
    Oratio
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    I didn't really mind that much that there wasn't a playable Krogan. That said, Bioware really should have put one in there due to their massive popularity. I can see why Wrex wasn't but Grunt could have easily joined up during the Krogan-intensive part of the game.
    I think it comes down to budget or time. The single-player campaign is shorter than either of the others.

I may have disliked resource gathering in ME2 but at least you found playable missions from it. The ME3 fetch missions are just scan and grab.

I have a feeling that EA mandated multiplayer and that came out of the total budget for the game. It caused delays and they did not have as much time or resources to devote to the single-player game.

I am not saying that multiplayer is a bad idea but I think they could have taken another year to finish the game rather than EA constantly trying to force things out faster.

The current endings are rife with lack of closure and feel incomplete.

Also, the entire ME2 game was about building a team and that team only makes cameos in ME3. I can only think that the reason for it had to be that they did not have the time or resources to pull them into more of the game.

I really miss the side missions from ME2. The fetch missions suck ass as a replacement.

ME3 is a great game until the end. The ending comes too quickly (not enough missions) and then it just flatlines.

I just do not think there is enough content in ME3 and I detest the DA2 elements thrown into the game as filler: fetch, stopping to listen to conversations with no interaction etc.
    Sam: But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn't. They kept going. Because they were holding on to something.

Frodo: What are we holding on to Sam?

Sam: That there's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo... and it's worth fighting for.

Province
    Oslo
    Oratio
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Belen View Post
    Also, the entire ME2 game was about building a team and that team only makes cameos in ME3.
    Yeah, I'm pissed about this too. I started with ME2 (never played the original), and the only returning squadmate for me was Garrus (Tali died in my adept's game). At least they all show up in their own critical part of the story, but not a single one as a squadmate? That's stupid.

Will be interesting to see where the dead ones (from 2) fit into the story, when I take a different character through. Tali is easy to spot, but I got no clue where Jacob and Samara fit fit in(other than that Samara's probably on Thessia).

Indeed. And they mentioned an interesting point - the Quantum Entanglement communciation devices still exist! So all the various planets may still have a way to communicate with each other.
    Doesn't this just work wonderfully with the Synthesis Ending for a neat Transhuman society? We just send copies of our half-artificial selfs via Quantum Entanglement communication from now on!

Province
    100 Hurricane Swamp
    Oratio
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulrik View Post
    Will be interesting to see where the dead ones (from 2) fit into the story, when I take a different character through. Tali is easy to spot, but I got no clue where Jacob and Samara fit fit in(other than that Samara's probably on Thessia).
    Jack, Jacob, Samara (or Morinth) show up in side missions.

Jacob can then be found on the Citadel to speak with after his side mission, but the others are gone till the endgame communicator. Which was a bullshit bit I felt was just tacked in so players could see "the whole gang" one last time before the final push, since there would be no closing segment.

Province
    Oslo
    Oratio
    vCash

Ignore User
    Jacob can then be found on the Citadel to speak with after his side mission, but the others are gone till the endgame communicator.
    Jack shows up after her side mission. Not in a permanent place, but I talked to her at least once after the rescue, maybe twice. I think it was in Purgatory.

The communicator was a bit heavy-handed, but it's a nice enough touch for me.

let them eat arugula! Vigilance's Avatar
    Province
    Tampa, Florida
    Oratio
    vCash

Ignore User
    As time goes on, my feelings about the ending have settled down to "meh".

I don't like it by any stretch, in fact, I still hate that it hangs on the single worst thing about ME 3 (creepy dream kid), but, I don't think it's the worst thing everTM either.

Jack, Jacob, Samara (or Morinth) show up in side missions.

Jacob can then be found on the Citadel to speak with after his side mission
    All three show up. Jacob hangs out in the hospital and is there a lot. Jack you can meet with once (maybe twice), in Purgatory. Samara shows up in the Embassy looking out the window and says goodbye (just once).

Miranda shows up twice, but not again after her mission completes.

Thane shows up twice but doesn't specifically have a mission.

Zaeed and Kasumi each show up once as part of missions, and each has a dialog after the completion of the mission, but then that's it.

Province
    100 Hurricane Swamp
    Oratio
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Janos View Post
    All three show up. Jacob hangs out in the hospital and is there a lot. Jack you can meet with once (maybe twice), in Purgatory. Samara shows up in the Embassy looking out the window and says goodbye (just once).

Miranda shows up twice, but not again after her mission completes.

Thane shows up twice but doesn't specifically have a mission.

Zaeed and Kasumi each show up once as part of missions, and each has a dialog after the completion of the mission, but then that's it.
    Oh yeah, I forgot about Zaeed and Kasumi and that Jack and Samara hang out on the Citadel once each.

I skipped the people who show up for Priority Quests, I figure if they survived ME2, you can't miss them.

Province
    The Rockies.
    Oratio
    vCash

Ignore User
    It looks pretty official: new ending DLC is coming.

Mass Effect 3 Creators Will Address Unpopular Ending

The ending to Mass Effect 3 has made for one of the most interesting video game controversies in recent memory, with fans revolting against developer Bioware because they didn't like the game's outcome.

Now, Bioware says it will address players' complaints with additional content for the popular sci-fi action RPG.

In a blog post, Bioware co-founder Ray Muzyka wrote that the Mass Effect 3 team is working on “a number of game content initiatives that will help answer the questions, providing more clarity for those seeking further closure to their journey.”

Muzyka said Bioware will have more details in April, and that the content will be provided in addition to other content the company is already planning to release. “We’re working hard to maintain the right balance between the artistic integrity of the original story while addressing the fan feedback we’ve received,” he wrote.

It's still unclear whether Bioware will change the existing ending or simply add to it. My guess is the latter.

Choices Until the End

Unlike most other games, the Mass Effect series presents players with a number of choices that reverberate throughout the entire trilogy. This may be a minor spoiler, but the complaints I've read say that players' choices don't matter much in the end. (I haven't finished Mass Effect 3 yet myself, but having already played through the previous two games, I can understand why players would be upset by the lack of an emotional payoff.)

The controversy's been impossible to avoid on gaming blogs and forums. On the Mass Effect Facebook page, nearly every post is flooded with comments on the game's ending. The most notable backlash comes in the form of a petition, paired with a charity drive, to “Retake Mass Effect.” At the time of this writing, the petition has raised over $76,000 for the charity Child's Play from nearly 4,000 contributors.

On the bright side, the backlash has made for lots of interesting commentary on the effect players should have on the outcome of a game. Gamasutra's Leigh Alexander argues that Bioware set itself up for a controversy by giving players so many choices, thereby creating a sense of control over the story. “If you promise your players agency and involvement, they are going to take it seriously,” she wrote.

Still, the Bioware's decision to appease angry fans is likely to create its own backlash from players who think the developer should stand behind its artistic vision. As Penny Arcade Report editor Ben Kuchera snarked on Twitter: “Bioware will offer each player a choice of 20 different endings. Each ending is $2. You can buy as many as you want.”
    Source: http://www.pcworld.com/article/25230...ar_ending.html
    "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."

-Robert E. Howard, The Tower of the Elephant

• Page 8 of 58 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast