Page 6 of 58 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242556 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 868

Thread: MASS EFFECT 3 PLAYTHROUGH WITH SPOILERS!

  1. #76
    Love and Hate leopold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Province
    Mason Dixie Line
    Oratio
    1,666
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    From what I've seen, whoever gets off the ship is whoever you took on that last push to the beam. Yeah, odd. Explainable, but a really big plot hole.

    .
    No, that's not true.

    I took Tali and Liara with me. Off the ship comes Garrus and Liara. I selected the Renegade kill everything option.

    Tali is definately not 100% mechanical so why should she die? Did I miss something in regards to Quarians?
    Professional Scotch Drinker.

 

  • #77
    Pony Up! Ovinomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    22,470
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by leopold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    No, that's not true.

    I took Tali and Liara with me. Off the ship comes Garrus and Liara. I selected the Renegade kill everything option.

    Tali is definately not 100% mechanical so why should she die? Did I miss something in regards to Quarians?
    This tells me I need to get back in there and do the renegade option -- I failed my indoctrination resistance and joined with the Reapers to control them.

  • #78
    Cupcake at heart nail bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Province
    100 Hurricane Swamp
    Oratio
    19,341
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I had Garrus and Liara with me for the final push -- if you take EDI or Tali (they got off the ship with Joker in my game), do they magically appear on the ship? Because that would be very, very hard to imagine. I assumed the squadmate I picked were killed along with the rest of the strike team.
    I took Garrus and Liara on the final push (I almost always took Garrus and Liara), Joker, Liara, and Javik got off the Normandy.



    Perchance did you romance Tali?

  • #79
    on a pogo stick! JC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Province
    The palace of WTF!
    Oratio
    34,043
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by leopold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    No, that's not true.

    I took Tali and Liara with me. Off the ship comes Garrus and Liara. I selected the Renegade kill everything option.
    I didn't try every permutation, just going off what the web is saying in a few circumstances. Also, it only happens if you choose to control or kill the Reapers.

    It's also very interesting that the red option appears to be the one that finally breaks Shepard's indocrination, if one is following that particular thread.

    Also, still a biglot hole. How the hell did Liara get to the Normandy so fast?

    Quote Originally Posted by leopold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    Tali is definately not 100% mechanical so why should she die? Did I miss something in regards to Quarians?
    No working suit = teh dead Quarian.

  • #80
    on a pogo stick! JC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Province
    The palace of WTF!
    Oratio
    34,043
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Another thought: If you choose the kill or control the Reaper options, it's not your last squad that gets off, it's who ever you used most in the game (series?). Since the game is so young it wouldn't surprise me that the ending guides currently posted around the net aren't exactly right.

  • #81
    Cupcake at heart nail bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Province
    100 Hurricane Swamp
    Oratio
    19,341
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    No working suit = teh dead Quarian.
    My take away from the "all AI's die" (Reapers, Geth, and EDI) is that "all AI's" would die.

    Tali's suit is not an AI.


    Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    Another thought: If you choose the kill or control the Reaper options, it's not your last squad that gets off, it's who ever you used most in the game (series?). Since the game is so young it wouldn't surprise me that the ending guides currently posted around the net aren't exactly right.
    Not likely.


    My most used from Most to least:

    1 - Garus - All but 3 missions once I got him.
    2 - Liara - 90% of the missions
    3 - James - Stopped using him as soon as I got Garus
    4 - Tali - used in every Geth Mission, replaced Liara
    5 - EDI - Used on Grissom Academy and the mission EDI had to go on, replaced Garus on both.
    6 - Javik - Used twice. Once on a random mission vs Cerberus and on Thessaly, replaced Liara and Garus respectively.


    I chose "Control" (I refused to kill EDI and the Geth) and had Liara and Javik get off the ship with Joker.

  • #82
    I don't FEEL wealthy. Ulrik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Province
    Oslo
    Oratio
    3,342
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Finally finished it today. While I won't call the ending "terrible" or "an atrocity", it is pretty meh. It's almost a deus ex machina, which isn't that inappropriate for an sf story. Also, I ended up with the synthesis ending simply by not noticing that I could go left or right (I wondered where that "choice" was), which was even more weird, but oddly fitting for my shep. He always did try to get everybody to work together, cerberus and the alliance, the geth and the quarians, the krogan and the salarians. Even if he did run out of patience and blew up the damned quarians for being belligerent assholes.

    I do have two gripes: That the weird sf ending doesn't really fit the rest of the ME story, and that the ending doesn't depend on your choices prior to the final scene at all. Did you cure the krogan or trick them? Did you get the geth or the quarians? Doesn't matter, all that matters is a number (your war asset score) and if you go left or right (or centre) at the end. Disappointing.

  • #83
    skunky's shit kanegrindar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    Your Mom
    Oratio
    7,643
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    I don't really have a problem with the previous choices not having a bearing on the final decision. Not every choice we ever make relates to others we'll make in the future. I just was left wanting. Just a blurb about what happened after the choice was made in relation to the crew would have been nice.
    Personal choice, baby. Keep the government out of my body, my bedroom, my soul and my mind. - JoeBlank

    My brother's baseball blog: http://brettkiser.wordpress.com/

    The Dragon Ranges a fantasy western setting using Savage Worlds.

    Worlds Galore is my gaming and geekery blog.

    ARMY BUILDER

  • #84
    awesum sauce, side of kickass Dark Jezter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Province
    The Rockies.
    Oratio
    10,783
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Regarding who gets off the Normandy at the end...

    If you choose the synthesis ending, it will always be Joker and EDI in a rather heavy-handed allusion to Adam and Eve in a new Garden of Eden. In either of the other endings Joker will always get out the Normandy first, then I believe that the second person who gets out will be your romance partner (Ashley for my Shepard), and the third will be random.

    The first time I beat the game I chose the reaper control ending, and in the end Ashley and Garrus got off the Normandy. The second time I beat the game I chose the destroy option, and Ashley and Javik got off the Normandy.
    Last edited by Dark Jezter; March 19th, 2012 at 10:56 PM.
    "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."

    -Robert E. Howard, The Tower of the Elephant

  • #85
    on a pogo stick! JC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Province
    The palace of WTF!
    Oratio
    34,043
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Jezter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    Regarding who gets off the Normandy at the end...

    If you choose the synthesis ending, it will always be Joker and EDI in a rather heavy-handed allusion to Adam and Eve in a new Garden of Eden. In either of the other endings Joker will always get out the Normandy first, then I believe that the second person who gets out will be your romance partner (Ashley for my Shepard), and the third will be random.

    The first time I beat the game I chose the reaper control ending, and in the end Ashley and Garrus got off the Normandy. The second time I beat the game I chose the destroy option, and Ashley and Javik got off the Normandy.
    Romance partner makes perfect sense.

  • #86
    on a pogo stick! JC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Province
    The palace of WTF!
    Oratio
    34,043
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by nail kitty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    My take away from the "all AI's die" (Reapers, Geth, and EDI) is that "all AI's" would die.

    Tali's suit is not an AI.
    In my game, Geth were uploading themselves into Quarian suits to help fend off infections and build immunities. It's very likely other games had Quarians with AI suits. Bummer that your Shepard didn't have what it took to broker the peace.


  • #87
    Pony Up! Ovinomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    22,470
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    In my game, Geth were uploading themselves into Quarian suits to help fend off infections and build immunities. It's very likely other games had Quarians with AI suits. Bummer that your Shepard didn't have what it took to broker the peace.

    AI dies, suit works fine.

  • #88
    on a pogo stick! JC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Province
    The palace of WTF!
    Oratio
    34,043
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    AI dies, suit works fine.
    Got proof of that?

    Anywho, didn't see where the Quarians died. Don't really know what leo is talking about.

  • #89
    Cupcake at heart nail bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Province
    100 Hurricane Swamp
    Oratio
    19,341
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    In my game, Geth were uploading themselves into Quarian suits to help fend off infections and build immunities. It's very likely other games had Quarians with AI suits. Bummer that your Shepard didn't have what it took to broker the peace.

    I just take that as they were assisting the suit, not that they were taking over the suit and without the Geth the suit lost all function.



    And I had the same thing. I had enough juice to ram my phallus shaped peace down both Geth and Quarian throats.

  • #90
    I have my doubts you can broker the Geth/Quarian peace without Legion, though, and apparantly you can kill him early on meeting him. Of course, only a stupid idiot Renegade Shepard would kill him!

    What I haven't checked out is the Romance options. I picked Kaiden for my female Shepard, but I am not really convinced by that choice.
    I presume the Specialist and the Reporter are just flings? Do they affect your romance options? Can you even romance Vega? Because he and Shepard are flirting a lot, but it seems only sports...

  • Page 6 of 58 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242556 ... LastLast

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •