Thread: MASS EFFECT 3 PLAYTHROUGH WITH SPOILERS!

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilance View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    Ok, you apparently have to go full renegade to do that, and my renegade wasn't high enough.

Still, I didn't like that much better. You let him lecture you for five minutes and then get to shoot him once.

What would have actually felt good was a renegade interrupt the minute he started into his speech about control he's been giving you for two fucking games and you getting to shoot him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    My Sheppard was almost pure paragon.
    Quote Originally Posted by kanegrindar View Post
    My shepherd was a little over half Renegade and I also shot the Illusive Man.
    I this game.

let them eat arugula! Vigilance's Avatar
    Province
    Tampa, Florida
    Oratio
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Jezter View Post
    One thing I liked about ME3 is that Bioware resisted the urge to make the Protheans a stereotypical enlightened, benevolent elder race and instead made them ruthless and imperialistic space-Romans who dominate and enslave other species.

Javik may not be a krogan, but he's easily the most interesting squadmate in the game.
    Yes, I liked that as well.

In fact, I thought the entire game was brilliant.

Up until the last 30 minutes or so.

God, the ending SUCKED so bad.

I guess I'm one of those entitled gamers the enthusiast press keeps rambling about.

And btw- it's hilarious to me that saying "hey, I played these 3 games you made, and the ending really sucked" = entitled.

If my meal is awesome, but desert sucks, I feel ok saying so.

let them eat arugula! Vigilance's Avatar
    Province
    Tampa, Florida
    Oratio
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    My Sheppard was almost pure paragon.
    Well, I had a full paragon bar, so maybe my Reputation was too low. The last couple of Paragon/Renegade responses were grayed out for me, and I never got an interrupt either way.

And the Illusive Man just would. not. shut. up.

And honestly, that wasn't the worst thing about the ending for me. That would be creepy dream kid.

awesum sauce, side of kickass Dark Jezter's Avatar
    Province
    The Rockies.
    Oratio
    vCash

Ignore User
    That would be creepy dream kid.
    The star child has become a very hated character for many people. I've heard several comments along the lines of "The worst part about the ending for me was that I couldn't put a bullet in the creepy little fucker's head."
    "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."

-Robert E. Howard, The Tower of the Elephant

Province
    Liverpool, UK
    Oratio
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallarn View Post
    I think my best moment in terms of little character beats was finding Tali getting absolutely off her face in the Normandy lounge.
    You mean Ashley right, (Tali died in ME 2 in my game) I found that moment completely out of character for Ashley.

I think I can add another point to "How Miranda can die". I romanced her in ME2 with my ManShep but then dumped her for Ashley in ME3. She looked distinctly upset as she walked off and I think I sealed her fate at that moment.
    Oh yeah Miranda died in ME2 for me as well. So you respond to her sister's call about the Sanctuary and I had Ashley and Garrus with me the whole mission. At the end you can persuade him to let her go, then let him leave or shoot him, which makes no difference to what you learn from the mission. Even though the dialogue implies you will get the research data. I thought my choice would matter, make him pay for his crimes and miss out on the data, let him go and he is alive to tell you the results, as it is the choice makes no difference seems a common thread in ME3.
    Last edited by Bagpuss; March 25th, 2012 at 08:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Oliver View Post
    Damn you and your perfectly valid criticism!

Province
    Liverpool, UK
    Oratio
    vCash

Ignore User
    The star child has become a very hated character for many people. I've heard several comments along the lines of "The worst part about the ending for me was that I couldn't put a bullet in the creepy little fucker's head."
    Another shit thing about the ending was I clearly wasn't paying full attention to the colour coding of the ending options. So when presented with the blue on the left and the red on the right, I assumed that the blue left (always paragon on XBox) would be destroy the Reapers, while Red (Renegade) would be go the TIM route and try and control them.

So I went up the blue ramp and got to the top shooting at the thing nothing happened, so I moved closer and the a Control Panel Use icon appeared so I thought whoops best go up the other ramp. But you can't you can turn round but you can't go back down the ramp.

Locked into an ending I didn't want because they changed the colour scheme at the end. Still they were all shit any way.

Province
    Liverpool, UK
    Oratio
    vCash

Ignore User
    Javik may not be a krogan, but he's easily the most interesting squadmate in the game.
    Unless the DLC doesn't download correctly but there is nothing to tell you that, so you only realise it is all missing after you get to Earth.

Province
    Liverpool, UK
    Oratio
    vCash

Ignore User
    The Elcor mission doesn't seem to work on the XBox at least for me you can get it, and complete it without actually doing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
    The Elcor mission doesn't seem to work on the XBox at least for me you can get it, and complete it without actually doing anything.
    It is possible that your previous exploration already gave you the artifact that the Elkor wanted. I remember at least one mission where that was the case.

Province
    100 Hurricane Swamp
    Oratio
    vCash

Ignore User
    Ok, you apparently have to go full renegade to do that, and my renegade wasn't high enough.
    I was pure 50/50, had both renegade and paragon responses greyed out, and I got to shoot TIM in the face.

What would have actually felt good was a renegade interrupt the minute he started into his speech about control he's been giving you for two fucking games and you getting to shoot him.
    Agreed. That fucking pointless whiny lecture was fucking torture.

One thing I liked about ME3 is that Bioware resisted the urge to make the Protheans a stereotypical enlightened, benevolent elder race and instead made them ruthless and imperialistic space-Romans who dominate and enslave other species.
    Agreed.

Disagree. I wanted a Renegade option to knock his punk ass out and turn him over to Mordin for dissection. "Problematic" my ass.

And btw- it's hilarious to me that saying "hey, I played these 3 games you made, and the ending really sucked" = entitled.

If my meal is awesome, but desert sucks, I feel ok saying so.
    The "enitiled" bit is the fuckers demanding a new ending.

Fucking ball up you little bitchs! Back in the day we had to code the fucking games ourselves out of a fucking magazine and there were no "alternate" endings! You got the ending you were given and liked it!

Province
    100 Hurricane Swamp
    Oratio
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustrum_Ridcully View Post
    It is possible that your previous exploration already gave you the artifact that the Elkor wanted. I remember at least one mission where that was the case.
    Yeah, there a mission for the Elkor that you can get before another one pops up. Both are at the same location, so if you do the first one, you automatically get the second "completed" as well, you just have to talk to the Elkor who "gives" you the mission to finish it.

For me it was I got the artifact, then I got the rescue the refugees mission. I'd already done the artifact... and I spent hours scanning every fucking planet for refugees before giving up and checking online.

It's a "bug".

Is there any information on further DLCs? It seems everyone is jumping on the "alternate/expanded" ending stuff, but didn't Bioware have more plans than that?

awesum sauce, side of kickass Dark Jezter's Avatar
    Province
    The Rockies.
    Oratio
    vCash

Ignore User
    Is there any information on further DLCs? It seems everyone is jumping on the "alternate/expanded" ending stuff, but didn't Bioware have more plans than that?
    Nothing specific yet, although Bioware has promised that both single player and multiplayer DLC is in the works.
    "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."

-Robert E. Howard, The Tower of the Elephant

Province
    Liverpool, UK
    Oratio
    vCash

Ignore User
    Only he wasn't after an artefact but a rescue mission, sounded more than a simple scan, but I suppose it could have been.

Province
    Liverpool, UK
    Oratio
    vCash

Ignore User
    I imagine they didn't have plans for that originally.

Judging from the story I imagine there will/should be a take back Omega mission.

Personally I'd like to see more of Jack, have here back in the party would be great.

More multiplayer maps would be good and perhaps revisiting old enemy's like the Mercenary companies.

• Page 12 of 58 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast