Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222354 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 863

Thread: AGELESS CAMPAIGN - Episode II, Part III

  1. #46
    Hulk not smash...LOVE! COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Queenie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Province
    Long Island, NY
    Oratio
    18,905
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Ruby claps excitedly. "Our friends! Just in time to be part of the revolution! I am so glad to see you all here, just to see you safe."

    She approaches Hardin and briefly explains that someone needs shooting. "I am very familiar with this gun and not a bad shot, however I'm certain I am not as good as you. Would you rather be the one taking aim?"
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree... it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." Albert Einstein

    Ruby Selari Molly

 

  • #47
    our peerless leader SilverMoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Province
    New Hampshire
    Oratio
    6,438
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Queenie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    She approaches Hardin and briefly explains that someone needs shooting. "I am very familiar with this gun and not a bad shot, however I'm certain I am not as good as you. Would you rather be the one taking aim?"
    He says, "Miss West, I'm now an attorney, no longer a gunslinger and certainly not an assassin. I am willing to confront this man and try to talk him down, but will plan to only use my sidearm for self-defense."

  • #48
    Hulk not smash...LOVE! COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Queenie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Province
    Long Island, NY
    Oratio
    18,905
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverMoon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    He says, "Miss West, I'm now an attorney, no longer a gunslinger and certainly not an assassin. I am willing to confront this man and try to talk him down, but will plan to only use my sidearm for self-defense."
    "Hey, I'm not as assassin either! Is it better to let hundreds of innocent people die in a war they really know nothing about? I'm not, so I'll do it, it's okay."

    "We'd better get going soon because we're going to have to figure out where this guy is."

    "George, did you say you had another plan of some sort?"
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree... it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." Albert Einstein

    Ruby Selari Molly

  • #49
    incognito orchid blossom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    Albany
    Oratio
    3,393
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Kafitrar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    Lawrence bows slightly. "And hello to you too, Abby." He wipes his brow with a hankerchief. "That was some trip. But that story will have to wait. What are we up against?"
    "A religious fanatic who has a lot of citizens worked up and following him. We're hoping to get the less committed to abandon him before the soldiers arrive. But considering I was told I was a genius just before you got here, I think Mr. Eastman might have a better idea than the one we were going with."

    She turned to Sabah. "And before we finalize any plans, we need to show Sabah the items we brought from the Palace."
    Opportunity is usually missed because it shows up in overalls looking like work. -- Mike Rowe

  • #50
    our peerless leader SilverMoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Province
    New Hampshire
    Oratio
    6,438
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by orchid blossom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    "She turned to Sabah. "And before we finalize any plans, we need to show Sabah the items we brought from the Palace."
    Mina has George send the soldiers and telegraph workers out of the building to give the group privacy (and keep outsiders from spreading word of what they found).

  • #51
    WIS is my dump stat! COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Fenris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Province
    Long Island, NY
    Oratio
    2,185
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverMoon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    He says, "Miss West, I'm now an attorney, no longer a gunslinger and certainly not an assassin. I am willing to confront this man and try to talk him down, but will plan to only use my sidearm for self-defense."
    "Think of it as character assassination, which I know lawyers are quite adept at." quips George.

    Once the workers leave George presents his plan. "Ok, here is what I was thinking. Religious fanatics are the majority of the crowd, certainly the part that won't disperse. So let's give them a god! I will have Mina create a projection of Bast over the gates, perhaps I can rig up sound as well. At the least the sign of Bast should symbolism that the palace is under her protection and drive many away. if we can rig up either sound through a spell or some mechanical contraption, we should be able to have Bast tell the crowd to leave. Remember all we really need is to buy a good hour of these folks going away, if they come back, well hopefully we will have things all fixed up by then." explains George
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they will never sit under.

    Play By Post Games

  • #52
    overdue for an ass-kicking! Kafitrar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Oratio
    3,115
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User

    Lawrence Cantrell

    Quote Originally Posted by orchid blossom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    "A religious fanatic who has a lot of citizens worked up and following him. We're hoping to get the less committed to abandon him before the soldiers arrive. But considering I was told I was a genius just before you got here, I think Mr. Eastman might have a better idea than the one we were going with."
    "Well, we should go with both plans. As I learned in the war, you always need a backup plan. The fewer people that face that army, the fewer get killed. Heck, if we pull enough of his support away, the whole thing just might crumble."

  • #53
    our peerless leader SilverMoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Province
    New Hampshire
    Oratio
    6,438
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    "...So let's give them a god! I will have Mina create a projection of Bast over the gates, perhaps I can rig up sound as well. At the least the sign of Bast should symbolism that the palace is under her protection and drive many away. if we can rig up either sound through a spell or some mechanical contraption, we should be able to have Bast tell the crowd to leave. Remember all we really need is to buy a good hour of these folks going away, if they come back, well hopefully we will have things all fixed up by then." explains George
    Sahah states "Bast is the wrong deity, She would not have the effect on the crowds that you are seeking. She is no longer actively worshipped in this city, and most of the people are unfamiliar with her. Her closest temple is a full ten miles west of here, in Gizah."

    Meren interjects "You should not use the god Horus either. Abdullah's second-in-command is an elder priest of Horus. He would recognize a false projection of Horus and declare it as such."

  • #54
    overdue for an ass-kicking! Kafitrar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Oratio
    3,115
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User

    Lawrence Cantrell

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverMoon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    Sahah states "Bast is the wrong deity, She would not have the effect on the crowds that you are seeking. She is no longer actively worshipped in this city, and most of the people are unfamiliar with her. Her closest temple is a full ten miles west of here, in Gizah."

    Meren interjects "You should not use the god Horus either. Abdullah's second-in-command is an elder priest of Horus. He would recognize a false projection of Horus and declare it as such."
    Lawrence taps his chin with his finger. "Hmm. Is Horus the patron god of this city? If not, we can use him. That should make our illusion strike closer to home."

  • #55
    WIS is my dump stat! COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Fenris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Province
    Long Island, NY
    Oratio
    2,185
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverMoon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    Sahah states "Bast is the wrong deity, She would not have the effect on the crowds that you are seeking. She is no longer actively worshipped in this city, and most of the people are unfamiliar with her. Her closest temple is a full ten miles west of here, in Gizah."

    Meren interjects "You should not use the god Horus either. Abdullah's second-in-command is an elder priest of Horus. He would recognize a false projection of Horus and declare it as such."

    "Osiris? Thoth? Ra! I Think we need to use Ra. Most powerful of gods, symbolic of the monarchy and hell we could use a sun. Oh better yet have a phoenix appear and then the eye turns into the all seeing eye of Ra as a burning sun." exclaims George.
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they will never sit under.

    Play By Post Games

  • #56
    our peerless leader SilverMoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Province
    New Hampshire
    Oratio
    6,438
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    "Osiris? Thoth? Ra! I Think we need to use Ra. Most powerful of gods, symbolic of the monarchy and hell we could use a sun. Oh better yet have a phoenix appear and then the eye turns into the all seeing eye of Ra as a burning sun." exclaims George.
    Sabah says, "Yes, that should work."

  • #57
    our peerless leader SilverMoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Province
    New Hampshire
    Oratio
    6,438
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    The group is interrupted by the arrival of three men who the Egyptian soldiers immediately let inside. Two of the three men are armed with rifle, pistol and sword and are wearing uniforms of the United States Marine Corps, with insignia of the rank of senior sargeants. They are clearly the bodyguards of the third man, a distinguished looking gentleman in his mid-forties immaculately attired in a freshly pressed suit.

  • #58
    WIS is my dump stat! COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Fenris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Province
    Long Island, NY
    Oratio
    2,185
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverMoon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    The group is interrupted by the arrival of three men who the Egyptian soldiers immediately let inside. Two of the three men are armed with rifle, pistol and sword and are wearing uniforms of the United States Marine Corps, with insignia of the rank of senior sargeants. They are clearly the bodyguards of the third man, a distinguished looking gentleman in his mid-forties immaculately attired in a freshly pressed suit.
    George looks up quizzically "Yes, may we help you?"
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they will never sit under.

    Play By Post Games

  • #59
    our peerless leader SilverMoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Province
    New Hampshire
    Oratio
    6,438
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    George looks up quizzically "Yes, may we help you?"
    The man says, "Why yes, let me introduce myself. I am George Potwin Pomeroy, the United States of America's Ambassador to Egypt. I have an important communication to deliver to a Mrs. Willamina Parker and a Mr. Lawrence Cantrell."

  • #60
    WIS is my dump stat! COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Fenris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Province
    Long Island, NY
    Oratio
    2,185
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverMoon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    The man says, "Why yes, let me introduce myself. I am George Potwin Pomeroy, the United States of America's Ambassador to Egypt. I have an important communication to deliver to a Mrs. Willamina Parker and a Mr. Lawrence Cantrell."
    "Greeting's Ambassador, I suspected it was you by your escort, but these days I can never be sure. Now what is the nature of your missive to Mrs. Parker and Mr. Cantrell?" asks George without indicating that either person is here or identifying them.
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they will never sit under.

    Play By Post Games

  • Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222354 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •