Page 10 of 58 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverMoon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    Callum and Abby return to the main square. She notices that the cat Indy has gone with them, following at their heels. They arrive at the crowds just as Mina's illusion begins, followed by George's water attack on the priest.
    Abby paused to stare at the illusion for a moment. "That is good." She chuckled as the water fell onto the priest. "Keep your eyes out for any of our people. Otherwise I'm heading back to the office to find Sabah. She should be able to help disarm the men with the wands."

"You'll like her, Indy," she said casually to the little black cat following behind. "She's a Priestess of Bast."
    Opportunity is usually missed because it shows up in overalls looking like work. -- Mike Rowe

WIS is my dump stat! COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Fenris's Avatar
    Province
    Long Island, NY
    Oratio

Ignore User
    The Priest finds himself on the receiving end of a deluge, which washes him to the floor of the stage. He does manage to hold onto his staff.

OOC: How does Mina react to this turn of events?
    Mina casts mage hand and uses it to lift the priest's robe up and over his head just as he tries to get up. So blinded the priest falls over again.
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they will never sit under.

Play By Post Games

Province
    New Hampshire
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    Mina casts mage hand and uses it to lift the priest's robe up and over his head just as he tries to get up. So blinded the priest falls over again.
    Hardin calls out in Arabic "Look! The Priest has displeased Ra! He suffers now for it! We have been led to destruction. Run and hide while you still can!" The crowds run quicker now, knocking over two of the five food pushcarts in the process. Around a quarter of the 200 or so men with weapons clustered closer to the Palace also flee, but the others hold fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Orchid Blossom
    Abby paused to stare at the illusion for a moment. "That is good." She chuckled as the water fell onto the priest. "Keep your eyes out for any of our people. Otherwise I'm heading back to the office to find Sabah. She should be able to help disarm the men with the wands."
    On the nearby rooftop Ruby notices the disguised Abby and Callum come out of a back alley and head back in the direction of where the soldiers are keeping their horses. Her gaze then shifts back to the stage as Abdullah and the man whose mind she read both jump from the stage together, leaving the priest alone. The two rush off in the direction of the closest group of armed Egyptian men nearsest them.

Abby and Callum rush to the two horses that they had ridden the short distance from the telegraph office, with the soldiers helping them up. The black cat briefly runs over and meows at the silver quarterhorse before turning and running back to Abby's horse. The soldier hands the cat up to her.

Abby and Callum rush to the two horses that they had ridden the short distance from the telegraph office, with the soldiers helping them up. The black cat briefly runs over and meows at the silver quarterhorse before turning and running back to Abby's horse. The soldier hands the cat up to her.
    "I think I've been adopted," Abby said with a smile as she settled the cat on the saddle in front of her. She got the horse started and rode to the office, looking for any of her others friends along the way. If she sees anyone she knows, she'll use a message spell to tell them what she's learned.

Once at the office she jumped down and secured the horse, picked up Indy, and strode inside. "Sabah, we need you."
    Opportunity is usually missed because it shows up in overalls looking like work. -- Mike Rowe

Hulk not smash...LOVE! COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Queenie's Avatar
    Province
    Long Island, NY
    Oratio

Ignore User
    "Well, if Abdullah leaves, his followers should follow him, right Nana? That might thin the crowd out alone. And I've just been thinking, if he's as much of a coward as I think he is, if I just shoot a couple of warning shots off it should scare a good group of the crowd, and possibly him, away. We have to be careful now they think we're British spies. Though I think you may have actually BEEN a British spy Nana I don't want to open up THAT can of worms today," Ruby laughs.
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree... it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." Albert Einstein

Ruby Selari Molly

Province
    New Hampshire
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Queenie View Post
    "Well, if Abdullah leaves, his followers should follow him, right Nana? That might thin the crowd out alone. And I've just been thinking, if he's as much of a coward as I think he is, if I just shoot a couple of warning shots off it should scare a good group of the crowd, and possibly him, away.
    Mina says, "That would probably work, but too many shots will draw their attention to where we are."

We have to be careful now they think we're British spies. Though I think you may have actually BEEN a British spy Nana I don't want to open up THAT can of worms today," Ruby laughs.
    Mina says, "Oh no, I've never been a spy for the British, only the Americans. But I did help to save a British ship back during the Opium Wars, that's why they owe me a favor, which General Woolsley will be sure to recognize."

Province
    New Hampshire
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by orchid blossom View Post
    Once at the office she jumped down and secured the horse, picked up Indy, and strode inside. "Sabah, we need you."
    Sabah is inside the telegraph office with Cetan and Meren. The Bast Priestess says, "How can I be of help?"

Sabah is inside the telegraph office with Cetan and Meren. The Bast Priestess says, "How can I be of help?"
    "Actually, I can use all of you. There's another player here we didn't know about. A Sheikh is bankrolling Abdullah, and he's here with him. He has six sons, all of them in the crowd and wielding wands of fireball. They're meant to attack the Palace, but this city is made up of a lot of wood, fire could go out of control fast. I need to get those men out of the picture. Or at the very least, their wands.

I thought I could do a detect magic and try to spot them. Six identical auras should make it possible to pick them out. Then each of us can target one and get that tat wand out of play in whatever way works for them. Meren, Cetan, I could use both of you as well, if you're willing.

I'll carry those items if you like, Sabah. Just so they aren't left here unattended. Or you could carry them, of course."

Abby looked to make sure Indy had made it inside. "And Sabah, it seems a little coincidental that this sweet little one seems to have adopted me in the last few minutes. Am I just seeing shadows now, or is this cat special?"

Province
    Long Island, NY
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Mina says, "That would probably work, but too many shots will draw their attention to where we are."

Mina says, "Oh no, I've never been a spy for the British, only the Americans. But I did help to save a British ship back during the Opium Wars, that's why they owe me a favor, which General Woolsley will be sure to recognize."
    "I was thinking one, maybe two shots. I don't exactly relish the thought of possibly killing a man, even if he is crazy. Though I won't hesitate if I have to, to save the innocent people here."

Ruby pauses and looks up at the clear sky. "It's so beautiful here. I wish I really had time to enjoy it. Somehow, things always seem to get a bit crazy. You've been through so much Nana, seems like I always get myself in trouble, just like you!"

She watched Abdullah and his companion try to slink away. "I'd better get that shot off now so Abdullah thinks it's meant for him."

Ruby gets low on the roof and aims for a deserted area of the city. She waves for her grandmother to get low to be unseen. Once she is out of sight, Ruby takes aim at some large bags of rice resting on a nearby rooftop. She shoots and the sound of the shot seems to echo off every building wall around them.

"Wow, that was even louder than I thought it would be," Ruby says, peeking over the ledge to see if she can catch a glimpse of Abdullah running off.
    Last edited by Queenie; November 26th, 2011 at 05:39 PM.
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree... it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." Albert Einstein

Ruby Selari Molly

Province
    New Hampshire
    Oratio

Ignore User
    "Once she is out of sight, Ruby takes aim at some large bags of rice resting on a nearby rooftop. She shoots and the sound of the shot seems to echo off every building wall around them.

"Wow, that was even louder than I thought it would be," Ruby says, peeking over the ledge to see if she can catch a glimpse of Abdullah running off.
    Abdullah and his companion do indeed scrurry away, along with a small group of a dozen armed men. Given that the palace guards are still shooting at them nobody takes any extra notice that the shot came from a different direction.

Province
    New Hampshire
    Oratio

Ignore User
    "Actually, I can use all of you. There's another player here we didn't know about.....Or you could carry them, of course."
    The three immediately agree to help.

Abby looked to make sure Indy had made it inside. "And Sabah, it seems a little coincidental that this sweet little one seems to have adopted me in the last few minutes. Am I just seeing shadows now, or is this cat special?"
    She replies, "I will check, a Bast Priestess can communicate with felines without needing to use a spell." Sabah takes Indy and the two of them exchange what sounds like a series of meows, purrs and yelps. The Priestess then looks up at Abby and says with a smile, "Your feline friend wishes to remind you that the word 'Independent' translates as 'Alsoomse' in the Algonquin language."

Province
    Long Island, NY
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Abdullah and his companion do indeed scrurry away, along with a small group of a dozen armed men. Given that the palace guards are still shooting at them nobody takes any extra notice that the shot came from a different direction.
    "Well, duh. Guess we should have figured that, huh?" From the roof Ruby keeps an eye on Abdullah and watches where he and his cronies go.

Ruby Selari Molly

Province
    New Hampshire
    Oratio

Ignore User
    "Well, duh. Guess we should have figured that, huh?" From the roof Ruby keeps an eye on Abdullah and watches where he and his cronies go.
    They find good cover from the Palace guards, which also leaves them totally vulnerable from behind, which includes the top of the building that Ruby and Mina are on.

Meanwhile, the soggy Priest has regained his footing and successfully dispels the "Ra" illusionion with his staff. By now all but the 150 most loyal of the followers have fled, and those are spread out in clusters ranging from 6 to 20, continuining to fire at the palace guard.

WIS is my dump stat! COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Fenris's Avatar
    Province
    Long Island, NY
    Oratio

Ignore User
    George casts the spell message. A gentle zephyr whirls away and whispers in Ruby's ear "If you can shoot the priest's staff and break it"
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they will never sit under.

Play By Post Games

Province
    Long Island, NY
    Oratio

Ignore User
    "Is he crazy??" Ruby laughs. "Nana did you hear that? George wants me to shoot the priests staff!" Ruby shakes her head back and forth and ponders. "I suppose it's not much different than the targets Jake used to make me practice with back home. And Jake would never hesitate to try to shoot it if it was necessary. I'd like to know why but I guess we don't have time for that. Plus we have the advantage, they'll never know the shot came from up here with all the shooting going on down there. Stay down Nana I don't want anyone seeing you up here."

Ruby lays as flat as she can to steady herself and the gun. She waits until she has a good line of sight on the staff with no one standing behind it and she takes the shot, aiming to break the staff.

Ruby Selari Molly