Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 85

Thread: Definition of a Spoiler Thread

  1. #61
    Because Rusty Said So COMMUNITY SUPPORTER PWD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Oratio
    27,712
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyOne View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    Twenty bucks was specifically priced to put you out of the high end market. Maybe nail bunny offers your normal discounted price (with abnormal discharge?)
    You gotta talk to your marketing department, cause your mom's still going for $5.

    nail kitty tells me your dad's going for $20 though, that could be where your wires are crossed.

 

  • #62
    Not a pony! GreyOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    Vancouver
    Oratio
    9,859
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    You gotta talk to your marketing department, cause your mom's still going for $5.

    nail kitty tells me your dad's going for $20 though, that could be where your wires are crossed.
    My dad bottles and sells directly to your family estate. I'm sorry you're so confused.

  • #63
    Not a pony! GreyOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    Vancouver
    Oratio
    9,859
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by nail kitty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I don't sell my Mom. She's on old hippy so she still gives it away for free. Why do think I'm so poor?
    Raccoons and PWD?

  • #64
    COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Caesar Slaad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    Hollowfaust
    Oratio
    7,512
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    One thread, two threads, whatever, it'll be fine.

    The only question I have is this:

    When you say no spoilers do you mean "no spoilers period, bitch" or "no open spoilers, cause if I see a frickin' sblock button, I'm so weak willed I'll be compelled to click it and then blame you"

    Not that it's not tiresome when you stumble into a thread looking to avoid spoilers and the entire thread is in sblocks.
    Bold adventurers needed! Now recruiting adventures in the Scarred Lands!
    Slaad's Scarred Lands Pathfinder PbP: (Recruiting - IC - OOC - Characters)

    The Secret Volcano Base: my neglected RPG blog

  • #65
    Because Rusty Said So COMMUNITY SUPPORTER PWD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Oratio
    27,712
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Slaad View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    One thread, two threads, whatever, it'll be fine.

    The only question I have is this:

    When you say no spoilers do you mean "no spoilers period, bitch" or "no open spoilers, cause if I see a frickin' sblock button, I'm so weak willed I'll be compelled to click it and then blame you"

    Not that it's not tiresome when you stumble into a thread looking to avoid spoilers and the entire thread is in sblocks.
    Interesting question.

    I'm of the mind that any time you click on an sblock you own what happens. If there's a spoiler in there, it's your own fault. If there's a goatse.cx in there, that's your fault too.

  • #66
    on a pogo stick! JC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Province
    The palace of WTF!
    Oratio
    34,563
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by skade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I think a spoiler tag should be an indication everything goes, but I also think that the very idea of creating an anything goes thread is counter productive to message board conversation.
    Well said. It the reason why this conversation is important.

  • #67
    56% of an excuse nail bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Province
    100 Hurricane Swamp
    Oratio
    28,408
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by skade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I think a spoiler tag should be an indication everything goes, but I also think that the very idea of creating an anything goes thread is counter productive to message board conversation.
    And here you and I disagree. I think "anything foes" is fine as long as you are sticking to the relevant topic.

    And even then I'm still generally okay violating the stay on topic "rule".
    "We will have so much winning if I get elected that you may get bored with winning. Believe me.” - Trump

  • #68
    Because Rusty Said So COMMUNITY SUPPORTER PWD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Oratio
    27,712
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    Well said. It the reason why this conversation is important.
    Not well said, and no this coversation is not important.

    I'm not sure if it's possible for you to be more wrong, hopefully you'll enlighten us!

  • #69
    56% of an excuse nail bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Province
    100 Hurricane Swamp
    Oratio
    28,408
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Well I'm glad this thread cleared everything up.

    Now we all know that SPOILER in the title means anything goes.
    "We will have so much winning if I get elected that you may get bored with winning. Believe me.” - Trump

  • #70
    Insert User Title Here COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Insert Username Here's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    Idaho
    Oratio
    10,301
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by nail kitty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    Well I'm glad this thread cleared everything up.

    Now we all know that SPOILER in the title means anything goes.
    As God intended...

  • #71
    COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Janos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Oratio
    3,849
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by nail kitty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    Well I'm glad this thread cleared everything up.

    Now we all know that SPOILER in the title means anything goes.
    I'm just waiting for someone to come into the thread and complain that they started reading at the end of it and you spoiled it for them.

  • #72
    awesum sauce, side of kickass Dark Jezter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Province
    The Rockies.
    Oratio
    10,810
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by skade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    There are some posters here who have been awfully sensitive about anything that could possibly even hint at a spoiler. It has the effect of artificially stunting normal flow of conversation. One can not even make idle conjecture without it being called a spoiler.
    I'm glad somebody mentioned this. Some posters are so paranoid about spoilers that you can't even speculate about a show or mention which characters are popular among book fans without them crying spoiler.

  • #73
    56% of an excuse nail bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Province
    100 Hurricane Swamp
    Oratio
    28,408
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Jezter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I'm glad somebody mentioned this. Some posters are so paranoid about spoilers that you can't even speculate about a show or mention which characters are popular among book fans without them crying spoiler.
    Then those people need to be smacked with a rolled up newspaper when they do that.



    Honestly, I haven't noticed, but there are people here I have on mental ignore and a lot of times I simply gloss over people being stupid because it's easier for me that way.
    "We will have so much winning if I get elected that you may get bored with winning. Believe me.” - Trump

  • #74
    Insert User Title Here COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Insert Username Here's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    Idaho
    Oratio
    10,301
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by nail kitty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    Then those people need to be smacked with a rolled up newspaper when they do that.
    No, they just need to STAY OUT of threads like that.

    Honestly, if you're in a thread discussing a TV show or movie, and you haven't seen the latest episode (or movie), STAY THE HELL OUT UNTIL YOU HAVE!!!!!

    It's just not complicated. I watch Castle a day or two after the broadcast, so I stay out of the Castle thread until I watch the latest episode. Maybe I'm just real smart that way...

  • #75
    Stage Name: Jackie! COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Nerfherder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    Nordschleife, Nürburgring
    Oratio
    23,670
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Insert Username Here View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    No, they just need to STAY OUT of threads like that.

    Honestly, if you're in a thread discussing a TV show or movie, and you haven't seen the latest episode (or movie), STAY THE HELL OUT UNTIL YOU HAVE!!!!!
    It's why I avoid all TV threads, except the occasional one I know will be out in the UK first - i.e. Dr Who ... and ... that's it, I think. Even Torchwood is broadcast in the US first now. It's not a problem, though - there are plenty of UK forums I could discuss TV on if I was that bothered.
    Robin Williams: "In England, if you commit a crime, the police don't have a gun and you don't have a gun. If you commit a crime, the police will say, 'Stop, or I'll say stop again.'"

    PWD: "you're the seed, the relationship is the soil, and the love and attention and work you put into the relationship is the sun and the rain that feeds it. What grows from that is what you always were meant to become."

  • Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •