Page 6 of 66 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242556 ... LastLast

Thread: [Pathfinder PbP] - Chapter 1: The Key to the City

Alea, you're up and you get a +1 to attack and damage!
    If you participate in my Daily Trivia thread, do not look for the answer elsewhere and post it.

Workman Publishing Company
    225 Varick Street
    New York, NY 10014-4381
    212-254-5900 (phone)
    212-254-8098 (fax)
    info@workman.com

Province
    Phoenix, AZ
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Alea is surprised by the thugs actions.

5' step north, and swing at the northern-most thug.

"You've chosen a dark path, friend. You'll regret that!"

1d20+5=10

Quote Originally Posted by der_kluge View Post

OOC: Spend an action point! Now!

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Halo View Post

OOC: F*CK --> I'll spend an action point! I'll give Alea a +4. And did she add the +1 from my Inspire Courage?

Province
    Phoenix, AZ
    Oratio

Ignore User
    OOC: good lord! You want me to AP my very first to-hit roll of that game?! lol

How many APs do we get again? Do they renew ever level, or how does that work?

BTW, yes I added the +1

OOC: good lord! You want me to AP my very first to-hit roll of that game?! lol

OOC: Yes! Think of the bragging rights! The drama! The potential for a great story! OF COURSE Trip is gonna spend an Action Point!

OOC: The tale is already forming in Trip's head...

"Six brave P'Finders, on their very first mission, had no reason to think they were walking into a crime scene! an ambush!" < cue the drum >

Last edited by Rusty Halo; October 20th, 2011 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Trip's editor-muse is already hard at work... ;)

< snip >
    Last edited by Rusty Halo; October 20th, 2011 at 10:51 PM. Reason: oops! wrong forum! :(

Province
    Phoenix, AZ
    Oratio

Ignore User
    OOC: Yes! Think of the bragging rights! The drama! The potential for a great story! OF COURSE Trip is gonna spend an Action Point!
    All right, what the hell, I'll spend an AP. If Trip throws in another point, that's a total of 16 to hit.

Otherwise, it's a 14 to hit.

All right, what the hell, I'll spend an AP. If Trip throws in another point, that's a total of 16 to hit. Otherwise, it's a 14 to hit.

OOC: Doesn't your AP buy another +4? Plus my +4? (+1 "Inspire Courage"?)

Province
    Phoenix, AZ
    Oratio

Ignore User
    OOC: Doesn't your AP buy another +4? Plus my +4? (+1 "Inspire Courage"?)
    OOC: Read the AP rules in the character creation thread. If I add an AP after the roll, it's +4, but if someone else adds an AP, they only add half as much.

OOC: Read the AP rules in the character creation thread. If I add an AP after the roll, it's +4, but if someone else adds an AP, they only add half as much.

OOC: I thought I did! I'm confused. Don't you get +4 if it's an AP you've spent on your own character?

Quote Originally Posted by reveal View Post
    BONUS - If used before a roll is made, an action point grants you a +8 luck bonus to any one d20 roll. If used after a roll is made, this bonus is reduced to +4. You can use an action point to grant this bonus to another character, as long as you are in the same location and your character can reasonably affect the outcome of the roll (such as distracting a monster, shouting words of encouragement, or otherwise aiding another with the check). Action points spent to aid another character grant only half the listed bonus (+4 before the roll, +2 after the roll).

EDIT: I think we're saying exactly the same thing. Never mind.
    Last edited by Rusty Halo; October 20th, 2011 at 11:03 PM.

OOC: F*CK --> I'll spend an action point! I'll give Alea a +4. And did she add the +1 from my Inspire Courage?
    OOC: Actually, spending it on someone else gives them a +2 if they've already rolled.
    If you participate in my Daily Trivia thread, do not look for the answer elsewhere and post it.

Workman Publishing Company
    225 Varick Street
    New York, NY 10014-4381
    212-254-5900 (phone)
    212-254-8098 (fax)
    info@workman.com

Quote Originally Posted by reveal View Post
    OOC: Actually, spending it on someone else gives them a +2 if they've already rolled.

OOC: Oh, I get it. I was (not-so-)simply saying, "Alea gets +4 for a point she spends, and Trip can lend her another +2 for spending one of his own." If we both spend an AP, the '10' she rolled to hit becomes a '16', no?

Province
    Phoenix, AZ
    Oratio

Ignore User
    OOC: Oh, I get it. I was (not-so-)simply saying, "Alea gets +4 for a point she spends, and Trip can lend her another +2 for spending one of his own." If we both spend an AP, the '10' she rolled to hit becomes a '16', no?
    correct.

• Page 6 of 66 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242556 ... LastLast