Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    It is so fitting that Trip would take us to a place called 'The Armpit'...

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Halo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    Esgal adamantly refused to break curfew,
    "We are close to finishing up here and becoming true Pathfinders. Don't ruin it now by getting more demerits then you can afford. This will be on your permanent record. As the Order of Numbers says 'Follow the rules today and perhaps tomorrow you will be able to afford such frivolity.' "

Quote Originally Posted by Underpants Gnome View Post
    "We are close to finishing up here and becoming true Pathfinders. Don't ruin it now by getting more demerits then you can afford. This will be on your permanent record. As the Order of Numbers says 'Follow the rules today and perhaps tomorrow you will be able to afford such frivolity.' "
    "'Laws control the lesser man. Right conduct controls the greater one'," Aran quotes back to the other youth as they depart; he hangs back a second to see to Esgal. "I know it is against a rule, but in my heart, I know it is a right thing to do, to do this thing for Srindin. I think you would benefit by it as well, my friend. But you must follow your own heart as well. Be well, and we will be safe and back before the dawn."

Quote Originally Posted by Braegan View Post
    The monk chirped, "We gotta go!" And they did.

When the three got back to their barracks, Trip set his backpack on a table. He extracted a small box-shaped frame constructed of bamboo strips. He flipped a three knobs on the box and it hinged open. He unrolled the sheet wrapped therein, revealing a dozen orchids. Aran's eyes flew wide. "Those...those look like Sloth's Nap Orchids! My great grand uncle is an Ikebana Master! He's never seen a Sloth's Nap Orchid!" Srindin's mouth was agape, "Those flowers are almost sacred! They can take 60 years to bloom!"

Trip looked up and shrugged. "There were at least a thousand of these in Caladrel's arboretum. I doubt he's gonna miss a few." He hazarded a glance at Srindin. "Maybe I wasn't being completely honest when I said alarms would sound the moment one stepped off the cobblestones..."

The bard set the orchids in four piles of three each. "Srindin, you get three. Aran, I bet your mother would love some flowers. I know my mom will like 'em! You should really give three to our pretty paladin too. I would give them to her myself, but she suspects that anything nice I give her must have been stolen..."

Last edited by Rusty Halo; October 14th, 2011 at 10:58 PM. Reason: fixed Trip's "quote color"

Quote Originally Posted by Anore View Post
    As the Order of Numbers says 'Follow the rules today and perhaps tomorrow you will be able to afford such frivolity.' "

Before lying down in his bunk to catch perhaps 45 minutes of sleep before their first class, Trip tucked a brandy-candied fig atop Esgal's duffel.

"Frivolity, indeed! The boy is prescient," he chuckled to himself.

WIS is my dump stat! COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Fenris's Avatar
    Province
    Long Island, NY
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Sorry all, my conference had no internet access for those not staying at the hotel So that put me behind. But I will get him done (or done enough) by tomorrow.

Oh and Rusty, I may be old but I am sure I could still teach you a few courtesies with a peach switch.
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they will never sit under.

Play By Post Games

Province
    Long Island, NY
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Galom Shor

Male Gnome Summoner 3
    N Small Humanoid (Gnome)

Init +4; Senses Perception +2
    --------------------
    DEFENSE
    --------------------
    AC 16 (10 + Armor +3, Dex +2, Size+1), touch 13, flat-footed 14
    HP 33 (16 +5 +9 + 3)
    Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +3
    --------------------
    OFFENSE
    --------------------
    BAB +2
    Spd
    20 ft.
    Melee
    Ranged: Crossbow +3 1d6 20x2

Special Attacks
    --------------------
    STATISTICS
    --------------------
    Str 8, Dex 14, Con 16, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 18
    Base Atk +2; CMB 0; CMD 12
    Languages: Common, Gnome, Sylvan
    Feats : Extra Evolution, Resilient Eidolon
    Traits : Excitable +2 Init,Resilient +1 Fort

Skills
    Kn (Arcane)+6 (+3 class, +3 rank, +0 Int)
    Ride +6 (+3 class, +1 rank, +2 dex,)
    Perception +2 (0 rank,+0 Wis) +2 race)
    Spellcraft +5 (+3 class, +2 rank, +0 Int)

Class Abilities:
    Cantrips
    Eidolon
    Life Link
    Summon Monster II (7/day, std action, not when Eidolon present)
    Bond Senses

Eidolon
    Spoiler:

Rosco (a medium clockwork badger with extensible neck (quadruped))
    Starting Statistics: Size Medium; Speed 40 ft.; AC +2 Armor bonus, +2 natural armor; Saves Fort (good), Ref (good), Will (bad); Attack bite (1d6); Ability Scores Str 17, Dex 15, Con 13, Int 7, Wis 10, Cha 11; Free Evolutions bite, limbs (legs) (2).
    HD: 3 (3d10)
    HP 30
    Init: +6
    BAB: +3
    AC: 17
    Fort +4
    Ref +4
    Will +1
    Speed: 40 ft
    Melee: +7 1d8+4 (reach 10 ft)
    Skills:
    +6 Intimidate (3+3 +0)
    +7 Perception (3+3+0)
    +4 Sense Motive (3+1+0)
    +8 Stealth (3+3+2)
    1more
    Feats: Weapon Focus (Bite), Dodge
    Evo Pool: 5+1 (Improved Damage, Improved Natural Armor, Mount, Reach:Bite, Ability Increase (Str+2)
    Darkvision, link, share spells, Evasion

Spells:
    Spells Known
    0: Acid splash, Detect Magic, Light, Mage Hand, Message, Read Magic
    1st: 2 Enlarge Person, Feather Fall, Rejuvenate Eidolon (lesser), Shield,

Spells per day
    1st: 4

Race stats
    Spoiler:

• +2 Constitution, +2 Charisma, –2 Strength: Gnomes are physically weak but surprisingly hardy, and their attitude makes them naturally agreeable.
    • Small: Gnomes are Small creatures and gain a +1 size bonus to their AC, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, a –1 penalty to their Combat Maneuver Bonus (CMB) and Combat Maneuver Defense (CMD), and a +4 size bonus on Stealth checks.
    • Slow Speed: Gnomes have a base speed of 20 feet.
    • Low-Light Vision: Gnomes can see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light (see low-light vision.)
    • Defensive Training: Gnomes get a +4 dodge bonus to AC against monsters of the giant subtype.
    • Gnome Magic: Gnomes add +1 to the DC of any saving throws against illusion spells that they cast. Gnomes with a Charisma of 11 or higher also gain the following spell-like abilities:

• Hatred: Gnomes receive a +1 bonus on attack rolls against humanoid creatures of the reptilian and goblinoid subtypes due to special training against these hated foes.
    • Illusion Resistance: Gnomes get a +2 racial saving throw bonus against illusion spells or effects.
    • Keen Senses: Gnomes receive a +2 racial bonus on Perception skill checks.
    • Obsessive: Gnomes receive a +2 racial bonus on a Craft or Profession skill of their choice.
    • Weapon Familiarity: Gnomes treat any weapon with the word “gnome” in its name as a martial weapon.
    • Languages: Gnomes begin play speaking Common, Gnome, and Sylvan. Gnomes with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, and Orc.

Combat Gear:
    Studded leather 25 gp
    Light crossbow 35 gp
    20 crossbow bolts 2 gp
    --------------------

Equipment
    backpack 1 gp
    Adventurers outift

Encumbrance:

money 7 gp

Background
    Spoiler:

Galom was a curious and excitable fellow. Always glib and happy. One fine day he was out strolling and collecting mushrooms, when a strange sensation came over him and he fall over and into a deep sleep. During this sleep he or his spirit visited a distant realm. He suspected it of being a Fey realm. There all manner of fantastic creatures walked by him, some faerie-like, some clockwork golems and animals. He awoke and spent a log time after wards trying to get back there. He has not succeed yet, but has managed to bond to a creature, ever changing that he can summon forth to do his bidding here. Galom spent many years perfecting this art and became quite accomplished at bringing in not just his special create but others over.

Galom like many gnomes has a touch of the wanderlust, seeking adventure where he can find it. It was this that lead him to join the Pathfinder's. It has been a hard road for the carefree gnome, but he has found magical short cuts to most chores (except Master Aram's ). Still Galom is excited to be done and leaving. Rosco too is eager to gt out and test his mettle. Galom ha been training him to serve as a mount of late. Which of course was quite comical at first, but few laugh in the face of a big clockwork badger.

Galom is an excitable gnome at times, though at other times he seems lost in another world, and perhaps he is. He connection with Rosco leaves him in two worlds sometimes. But like all gnomes, Golam is good natured and gets along with most people. he is very fond of his eidolon though and rides it many places. Golam seeks adventure. the same curiosity that drove him to form bonds and summon creatures from other planes also drives him to find new places here on Golarion. He is eager to set out and test his and Rosco's abilities. He has accepted his training with the patience of the longer lived races, but feels he is ready. He has meet many of the others, though he has only really gotten to know Srindin being that they both had many classes in the magical towers. Still he has no reason to dislike any of the others. Though with time he would have adventures with them. They had all met Rosco at one time or the other and since none of them had run at the sight of the clockwork creature, he deemed them to be acceptable companions.

Last edited by Fenris; September 13th, 2012 at 06:43 PM.
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they will never sit under.

Play By Post Games

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    Oh and Rusty, I may be old but I am sure I could still teach you a few courtesies with a peach switch.

You used the wrong smilie, handsome! This woulda been more appropriate:

Province
    Long Island, NY
    Oratio

Ignore User
    You used the wrong smilie, handsome! This woulda been more appropriate:
    I didn't want you to get too excited Rusty.

Play By Post Games

I didn't want you to get too excited Rusty.

What would get me excited is some background for Galom, old man. Chop chop!

Province
    Long Island, NY
    Oratio

Ignore User
    What would get me excited is some background for Galom, old man. Chop chop!

I am about to chop chop that which defines you externally as male.

Play By Post Games

I am about to chop chop that which defines you externally as male.

There are three Lawful Good party members and you're taking a feat that allows to summon better fiendish creatures?

Province
    Phoenix, AZ
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Underpants Gnome View Post
    There are three Lawful Good party members and you're taking a feat that allows to summon better fiendish creatures?
    That's just asking for trouble!

Province
    Long Island, NY
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by der_kluge View Post
    That's just asking for trouble!
    Well, perhaps I should change his middle name to trouble?

He isn't evil, but if it makes you all feel better I will change it. BUT find me something else!

Play By Post Games