Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 483

Thread: What is Your Favorite Flameout?

  1. #121
    best Christmas evah! COMMUNITY SUPPORTER cinnamon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Province
    By that one tree.
    Oratio
    11,254

    Ignore User
    Yea, I meant as if they AREN'T for that.

    It's just where a lot of people go to say things they won't say in public. IMO.
    J: Yea, well... cinnamon thinks everything is funny.
    cinn: hahaha!

    cinn: I'm officially sick of being in the car.
    GL: Ok, well let's play I Spy.
    cinn: Ok! I spy.... A HAWK!
    GL: ...
    GL: Man, you SUCK at I Spy.
    cinn: Well I had to do it fast! It was flying away!


 

  • #122
    Can't keep a secret Keeper of Secrets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Province
    Ohio
    Oratio
    3,222

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by yangnome View Post
    The Draders flameout was probably the most entertaining for me, though it happened across many boards, including their own
    Oh yeah. I forgot about this one. It just kept happening. Flame, Flame Again.
    Veteran of RelWar 2011

  • #123
    diaglo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    Stoned Mtn, GA
    Oratio
    36,522

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
    Yea, I meant as if they AREN'T for that.

    It's just where a lot of people go to say things they won't say in public. IMO.
    PM sent.
    FWIW, I'm on the design team and I pretty much find WoW as fun and interesting as banging my head against a brick wall.-- Mike Mearls

    I mean, I never GET any but that would be preferable. --Rel

  • #124
    Awkward Pork Chops Dr. Piglet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Province
    Where it's hot.
    Oratio
    2,789

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Goblin Girl View Post
    I know you think this is funny. The laughter is eluding me. I suppose it's because I'm an ex wife.
    Huh. I thought he was just calling me a liar, proving he's a dick who speaks without facts.

    Edit: Actually either way, he's proving he's a dick...
    There are no uninteresting things, only uninterested people. ~G.K. Chesterton

  • #125
    Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    There's only so far one can go before they have to own their bullshit.
    That's a load of bullshit man, maybe not in regards to you personally but for this board. And, to be fair the other NTL diaspora too. I've said it before but we keep welcoming in the asswipes like Spoony, and Borko and Lady of Pain and Kazach. Sure we make shit loads of fun at their expense but there's always a large group of people who think they can be productive and try to engage them and treat them like people instead of the shit stains they are.

    They're always welcomed here by someone and all it takes for them is one person giving them a pos rep to make them think people like them. Take a gander at Borko's proile, I'll bet you there's a bunch of pos reps there (and a bunch of neg reps from me). If the dumbasses that keep doing this would just stop maybe we could finally get rid of him.

    Spoony was no different than Borko. But Lisa's right, it's more than a little our fault. If you don't want someone here stop treating them like they belong.
    Last edited by EhtoZed; April 25th, 2011 at 01:23 PM.

  • #126
    Swift Zombie! Alenda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Province
    South Carolina
    Oratio
    12,174

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by dar View Post
    I just went and read the last things hobo posted... and then some more of that thread.

    I. Don't. Get. It.
    You and me both. It seemed like a spat barely worth noticing at the time. It was only weeks later that I realized it was his reason for leaving.

    I miss his crazy contributions to the board, but most of all, I miss his PbP. I'll never get to find out why my character was mysteriously tattooed with the pic of a unicorn humping a dolphin.
    "Amber is about to Detect Magic on your butt" - Hypersmurf

    "Alenda is far more evil than me. She's 87% evil, and I'm only 63.5% evil." -- Goblin Girl

    "Your evil is so... charming..." -- barsoomcore

  • #127
    on a pogo stick! JC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Province
    The palace of WTF!
    Oratio
    34,262

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by EhtoZed View Post
    That's a load of bullshit man, maybe not in regards to you personally but for this board. And, to be fair the other NTL diaspora too. I've said it before but we keep welcoming in the asswipes like Spoony, and Borko and Lady of Pain and Kazach. Sure we make shit loads of fun at their expense but there's always a large group of people who think they can be productive and try to engage them and treat them like people instead of the shit stains they are.

    They're always welcomed here by someone and all it takes for them is one person giving them a pos rep to make them think people like them. Take a gander at Borko's proile, I'll bet you there's a bunch of pos reps there (and a bunch of neg reps from me). If the dumbasses that keep doing this would just stop maybe we could finally get rid of him.
    Everyone still has to own their actions/bullshit. Spoony went too far by fucking over the owner personally. That's going way, way too far which resulted in a ban. No one else on that list fucked over Morrus directly. But what they did was make themselves pariahs and they have to own that. Want Borko to go away? Find the ignore button and press it. Done. Got something against ignoring people? Well then you have to own your choice. It takes something really colossal to get banned from CM. Managing to do that is quite a feat and it's rare.

    You just want some people gone and they aren't. Doesn't mean they don't have to own their actions.

    Quote Originally Posted by EhtoZed View Post
    Spoony was no different than Borko. But Lisa's right, it's more than a little our fault.
    Yes, Spoony was different than Borko. One is still here and the other isn't is proof of that.

    Quote Originally Posted by EhtoZed View Post
    If you don't want someone here stop treating them like they belong.
    Why are you taking ownership for something that specific other people did? Obviously some people still want person X here or they just feel bad and want to always give that second chance. They may regret it later but it still happened. Just because someone isn't banned doesn't mean they are accepted, merely tolerated. So yes, everyone has to own their bullshit and it's most certainly possible to go too far.

    And there is something to be said for just being a clueless loser who doesn't get it and will always be on the outside in certain company. No matter what.

  • #128
    on a pogo stick! JC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Province
    The palace of WTF!
    Oratio
    34,262

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenda View Post
    You and me both. It seemed like a spat barely worth noticing at the time. It was only weeks later that I realized it was his reason for leaving.
    There is no doubt in my mind that Hobo would never admit that the thread with Morrus was the reason for him leaving.


  • #129
    Lieutenant Dummy Stupid-Butt Ftumch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    The corner barstool
    Oratio
    22,329

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Goblin Girl View Post
    I know you think this is funny. The laughter is eluding me. I suppose it's because I'm an ex wife.
    Well you're wrong in what you 'know'. I'm not posting it as a funny, I'm posting it as common sense.

    Ex's are the last people in the world whose word you should take as gospel.
    ---In real life, vampires only sparkle when they're on fire.

  • #130
    Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    Why are you taking ownership for something that specific other people did? Obviously some people still want person X here or they just feel bad and want to always give that second chance. They may regret it later but it still happened. Just because someone isn't banned doesn't mean they are accepted, merely tolerated. So yes, everyone has to own their bullshit and it's most certainly possible to go too far.
    I'm not talking about banning people. Spoony went way to far and got banned but before that his actions were no different than Borko's or anyone of the other tards we've had around. They stick around because we encourage them. How many chances should we really be giving them before we stop acting like they belong here?

    What's Borko on? Chance number 5? 6? How fucking low does he have to be before we say enough? I guess if Lady of Pain is any example he's got a ways to go.

  • #131
    56% of an excuse nail bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Province
    The Flow
    Oratio
    30,198

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by EhtoZed View Post
    I guess if Lady of Pain is any example he's got a ways to go.
    Someone drove Bratt off? When did this happen? How could I miss CM's Running of the Cows?
    I can delete you, one click and you're overwritten.

  • #132
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    Someone drove Bratt off? When did this happen? How could I miss CM's Running of the Cows?
    Sigh

    No one drove her off. That's the point, her behavior was even worse than Borko's but she's been welcomed back with open arms. So, it seems no matter how shitty you act you never have to worry about 'owning your bullshit' because around here you just wait a week and everyone's forgotten.

  • #133
    on a pogo stick! JC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Province
    The palace of WTF!
    Oratio
    34,262

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by EhtoZed View Post
    No one drove her off. That's the point, her behavior was even worse than Borko's but she's been welcomed back with open arms.
    These broad strokes aren't helping your point. Everyone is held accountable for the BS they pull whether you choose to believe it or not. The people who Bratt/LoP was a bitch to likely haven't forgotten and the rest likely don't give a shit that she's back around. She's under the radar and isn't very active. I also don't recall anyone's open arms upon her return.

    Quote Originally Posted by EhtoZed View Post
    So, it seems no matter how shitty you act you never have to worry about 'owning your bullshit' because around here you just wait a week and everyone's forgotten.
    This is proven by how nicely CMers treat people like Borko? Not the case and you know it.

  • #134
    You two are just talking past each other now.

    EhtoZ: What you need to know about JC is he shits in a bag, so he always has shit near him, and thus is somewhat inured to the effects of having a Borko or a Torm around too. Similarly, he figures mild ignoring is all the effort required on his part, because sooner or later someone will be along to replace the bag and no effort extended on his part.

    JC: What you need to know is that EhtoZ has been the single most passionate hater of LoP for going on something like 4 boards now in our extended history. Any reaction less violent than immediate mob-dismemberment and burning with the ashes mixed into cowshit and used to fertilize mushroom fields which feed pigs that are in turn trained to dispose of bodies will qualify in his eyes as open-armed welcome for her.

    See? Now you can both understand each other better and move on - or at least fight amusingly.

  • #135
    on a pogo stick! JC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Province
    The palace of WTF!
    Oratio
    34,262

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    EhtoZ: What you need to know about JC is he shits in a bag, so he always has shit near him, and thus is somewhat inured to the effects of having a Borko or a Torm around too. Similarly, he figures mild ignoring is all the effort required on his part, because sooner or later someone will be along to replace the bag and no effort extended on his part.
    Wait ... I can actually get rid of the poo?

    Huh!

  • Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •