Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: What is Your Favorite Flameout?

Can't keep a secret Keeper of Secrets's Avatar
    Province
    Ohio
    Oratio

Ignore User
    I must admit that there was a point a few years ago - right before GenCon - when I thought Wanger was going to have a flameout. But he held on.

And then despite the best efforts to flameout Borko, he still posts here.
    Veteran of RelWar 2011

Quote Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
    Man, I remember this super bizarre post Clay made about... like, a story about being alone in his house, and hearing a noise and going to investigate it or something. And he kept saying things like "my training took over and I blah blah some ninja shit blah blah." It read like some weirdo "I'm the hero" fanfic short story but apparently it was meant seriously. I still get the giggles when I think about that.

Good times, good times.
    That was when I realized he might not be all there. I agree he wins for best multi-board/real life flameout.

Most of the others kept coming back for more, until it just got tiring (Torm and Spoony). And MythusMage creeps me out too much to think about.

Province
    The Flow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeBlank View Post
    Most of the others kept coming back for more, until it just got tiring (Torm and Spoony).
    You might have forgotten, but Spoony was actually kicked out. By Morrus. And the permanent ban" has held for once.

But that's what one gets when one uses an old Admin login to fuck around with shit when they are no longer Admins.
    I can delete you, one click and you're overwritten.

awesum sauce, side of kickass Dark Jezter's Avatar
    Province
    The Rockies.
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Spoony was the king of flameouts, but that's already been discussed a lot in this thread.

jgbrowning had some pretty hilarious flameouts back in the day. Despite the fact that he was a complete and utter tool, I kind of miss having him around; his temper tantrums were a source of great amusement.
    "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."

-Robert E. Howard, The Tower of the Elephant

Lieutenant Dummy Stupid-Butt Ftumch's Avatar
    Province
    The corner barstool
    Oratio

Ignore User

LINK

Quote Originally Posted by Goblin Girl View Post
    it may not be. I heard it from his ex-wife,...
    Well, right there's your mistake.
    Last edited by Ftumch; April 23rd, 2011 at 07:18 PM.
    ---In real life, vampires only sparkle when they're on fire.

Province
    Colorado Springs
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by dar View Post
    Didn't zach have some encouragement from therpgsite? Wasn't that all part of pundit's attempt to discredit other boards for his own benefit?
    Pundit definitely encouraged him to blow shit way out of proportion, yeah. I don't know if it was an actual orchestrated event on Pundit's part, though. Zach, OTOH, used the controversy to drive traffic to his (i.e., Zach's) fledgling RPG blog.
    If you're going to be an asshole, commit. Don't piss on me and tell me that it's raining.

Province
    Pittsburgh, PA, USA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    Oh yeah, jgbrowning. He has decent sort. To bad Wil pissed in his cornflakes so hard. C'est la ve.
    Oh let's not rewrite history. He attacked me, didn't hear the hallelujah chorus, then he posted a very civil PM I sent him as if that would drive followers to him, and when it didn't, and even backfired, he went fucking insane and flamed out. His original attacks were basically out of nowhere, too, since he wasn't even a regular poster here. It was a really bizarre cry for attention, sorta like how his hair keeps falling out in a vain attempt to one day see a comb.
    "All sparkly & dark at the same time. Sort of like twilight flavored rainbows with a hint of razorblades." --Kwyjibo, in JC's head

Oratio

Ignore User
    I just went and read the last things hobo posted... and then some more of that thread.

I. Don't. Get. It.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftumch View Post
    Well, right there's your mistake.
    I know you think this is funny. The laughter is eluding me. I suppose it's because I'm an ex wife.

Province
    The Flow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow Poet View Post
    Oh let's not rewrite history. He attacked me, didn't hear the hallelujah chorus, then he posted a very civil PM I sent him as if that would drive followers to him, and when it didn't, and even backfired, he went fucking insane and flamed out. His original attacks were basically out of nowhere, too, since he wasn't even a regular poster here. It was a really bizarre cry for attention, sorta like how his hair keeps falling out in a vain attempt to one day see a comb.
    The facts:

Wil Upchurch used to post under a varieyt of psuedonyms and post in a manner he claims is inconsistent with he "real life" behavior.

jgbrowning called Wil out over "real life versus online character" stating basically "if you act like this online, that says a lot about your personality and character".

The argument was instigated on both sides by others, some support Wil's thesis, some supporting joe's, and many more just stirring the pot.

For the record, I was a pot stirrer. It does attest to my character away from these boards.

joe "crossed da line" and posted PMs as "proof" of his claims. I'm still not sure how that backed him, but he clearly felt it did.

Many turned on joe visciously over the idea saying "every PM is sacred!" and decrying him for violating that "trust".

scuti was involved somehow, so was Cyragnome I think. Maybe it was GreyOne or PWD too.

Anyway, what I take away from this is it was all Wil's fault and Dr. Midnight failed to save us.

The end.
    I can delete you, one click and you're overwritten.

best Christmas evah! COMMUNITY SUPPORTER cinnamon's Avatar
    Province
    By that one tree.
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Many turned on joe visciously over the idea saying "every PM is sacred!" and decrying him for violating that "trust".
    LOL, as if at least 50% of the time PMs are just a place for people to act like total d-bags out of the public eye.
    J: Yea, well... cinnamon thinks everything is funny.
    cinn: hahaha!

cinn: I'm officially sick of being in the car.
    GL: Ok, well let's play I Spy.
    cinn: Ok! I spy.... A HAWK!
    GL: ...
    GL: Man, you SUCK at I Spy.
    cinn: Well I had to do it fast! It was flying away!

scuti was involved somehow, so was Cyragnome I think. Maybe it was GreyOne or PWD too.
    I can't speak for the other fine gentlemen mentioned, but I can tell you for my part I was just being a jackass. I vaguely remember the back and forth, and remember basically looking at both JB and Wil, and looking again, and scratching my head, and looking again, and then smiling and typing "fuck" alot and smearing virtual poopy on the walls of the forums.

Basically business as usual for me, circa 2001-2007

Quote Originally Posted by scutisorex shrewlord View Post
    I can't speak for the other fine gentlemen mentioned, but I can tell you for my part I was just being a jackass. I vaguely remember the back and forth, and remember basically looking at both JB and Wil, and looking again, and scratching my head, and looking again, and then smiling and typing "fuck" alot and smearing virtual poopy on the walls of the forums.

Basically business as usual for me, circa 2001-2007
    and that's why we love you.
    metaphors be with you

The Draders flameout was probably the most entertaining for me, though it happened across many boards, including their own
    metaphors be with you

Quote Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
    LOL, as if at least 50% of the time PMs are just a place for people to act like total d-bags out of the public eye.
    As if isn't? The filth some of you fucking cowards will spew when you don't think you'll be held to account for it is amusing.

• Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast