Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: What is Your Favorite Flameout?

the sandwich is next! SeatownJay's Avatar
    Province
    In my own mind
    Oratio

Ignore User
    I know it wasn't here at CM but I'm surprised nobody's mentioned KenM departure from ENWorld.
    space for rent

Quote Originally Posted by kiznit View Post
    Oh man you missed out, that first year he was part of a team of conspirators intent on usurping ENworld's position as el primo RPG site and used to troll CM with hilariously bad dramatic prose of the sheer awesomeness he was going to bring to the table, perhaps in the hopes of luring folks over to his upcoming site.

When no-one showed up he said "fuck it" and gave it to Pundit, someone who's actually managed to make a career out of chicken-littling malicious gamer conspiracies that are supposedly actively working to keep the fun out of RPGs. At least now all the bitter gamer-loathing gamers have a place to gather.
    Some of us were even lucky enough to be accused of getting into Xath's pants!
    www.scottmoorecoaching.com

The next CAMP NCGD is on April 27-May1, 2017.

Province
    Where it's hot.
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    So as someone who knew him well, was he as much of a prissy butt-hurt megadouche in IRL as he played on the forums... or did he simply not translate well?
    Quote Originally Posted by Goblin Girl View Post
    Are you serious? alsih2o? He went from pleasant and interesting to frothing-at-the-mouth crazy anger monkey like overnight. Manufactured slights and drama and accusations across three (at least) boards.

Edit: he flamed out in real life too. No more pottery business. No more wife. No more house. He's an alcoholic pizza jockey.
    That pretty much sums it up. She just left out "sense of entitlement" and a few other... yeah what PWD said
    There are no uninteresting things, only uninterested people. ~G.K. Chesterton

The ENNIE Award Winning... kiznit's Avatar
    Province
    Xanadu
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Rel View Post
    Some of us were even lucky enough to be accused of getting into Xath's pants!
    You mean accused of trying, right?

Trying to get into her pants seems like the act of a rational, healthy man. Actually succeeding might cause embarrassment and drama for a couple of ancillary parties, however.

best Christmas evah! COMMUNITY SUPPORTER cinnamon's Avatar
    Province
    By that one tree.
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Man, I remember this super bizarre post Clay made about... like, a story about being alone in his house, and hearing a noise and going to investigate it or something. And he kept saying things like "my training took over and I blah blah some ninja shit blah blah." It read like some weirdo "I'm the hero" fanfic short story but apparently it was meant seriously. I still get the giggles when I think about that.

Good times, good times.
    J: Yea, well... cinnamon thinks everything is funny.
    cinn: hahaha!

cinn: I'm officially sick of being in the car.
    GL: Ok, well let's play I Spy.
    cinn: Ok! I spy.... A HAWK!
    GL: ...
    GL: Man, you SUCK at I Spy.
    cinn: Well I had to do it fast! It was flying away!

Quote Originally Posted by kiznit View Post
    You mean accused of trying, right?

Trying to get into her pants seems like the act of a rational, healthy man. Actually succeeding might cause embarrassment and drama for a couple of ancillary parties, however.
    Don't wreck my boner, man!
    www.scottmoorecoaching.com

The next CAMP NCGD is on April 27-May1, 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
    Man, I remember this super bizarre post Clay made about... like, a story about being alone in his house, and hearing a noise and going to investigate it or something. And he kept saying things like "my training took over and I blah blah some ninja shit blah blah." It read like some weirdo "I'm the hero" fanfic short story but apparently it was meant seriously. I still get the giggles when I think about that.

Good times, good times.
    Oh right! He had special forces training. I remember now.

Province
    The palace of WTF!
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper of Secrets View Post
    I realize this is going to sound batshit crazy but I found Spoony much easier to deal with here than over at NKL.
    Why would that sound crazy? I imagine with the huggler element here the tone would be softer overall.

Then again, I really have no idea what I'm talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Piglet View Post
    That pretty much sums it up. She just left out "sense of entitlement" and a few other... yeah what PWD said
    I actually was asking about JGB, but hey.

I can't believe it's an admin COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Bront's Avatar
    Province
    Aurora, IL
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by SeatownJay View Post
    I know it wasn't here at CM but I'm surprised nobody's mentioned KenM departure from ENWorld.
    Which one? He regularly showed up again several times, including with KenM2 as a user name.

If Dr Midnight was here, he could tell you about his latest flameout at wrongplanet or whatever that website was. Those were more spectacular.

Province
    Aurora, IL
    Oratio

Ignore User
    I realize this is going to sound batshit crazy but I found Spoony much easier to deal with here than over at NKL.
    Sane Spoony could be fun. In some ways, he wanted to be fun too much, and only knew how though imitation of others (The alts, insults, etc). However, he had some serious issues and felt the need for vengeance and to be right too much (again, probably learned). I really do wish him the best, as I've no reason to think he's anything but a disturbed but nice guy underneath it all.

Spoony Bard isn't exactly a unique nickname though, so there's probably a few other folks who use it online. Hell, I'm surprised by the number of places I find Bront registered to another user.

Can't keep a secret Keeper of Secrets's Avatar
    Province
    Ohio
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Bront View Post
    Sane Spoony could be fun. In some ways, he wanted to be fun too much, and only knew how though imitation of others (The alts, insults, etc). However, he had some serious issues and felt the need for vengeance and to be right too much (again, probably learned). I really do wish him the best, as I've no reason to think he's anything but a disturbed but nice guy underneath it all.

Spoony Bard isn't exactly a unique nickname though, so there's probably a few other folks who use it online. Hell, I'm surprised by the number of places I find Bront registered to another user.
    I think the reason I found him more tolerable here was at NKL he was posting a lot more shitty songs. Maybe as a mod he had more important things to do or maybe he kept it here in places I never ventured.

His 'funny' alts ran rampant over at NKL a lot more, it seemed.

I can't recall if MythusMage actually flamed out or if he just got jeered into leaving. Honestly, F7 was more of a jeered into leaving situation than an actual flameout.
    Veteran of RelWar 2011

Province
    Aurora, IL
    Oratio

Ignore User
    I can't recall if MythusMage actually flamed out or if he just got jeered into leaving. Honestly, F7 was more of a jeered into leaving situation than an actual flameout.
    He flamed out defending the sexuality of a 7 year old girl. The jeers probably helped.

Can't keep a secret Keeper of Secrets's Avatar
    Province
    Ohio
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Bront View Post
    He flamed out defending the sexuality of a 7 year old girl. The jeers probably helped.
    Oh yeah . . . now I recall the nasty details . . .

What a fucking freak.
    Veteran of RelWar 2011

Oratio

Ignore User
    Spoony did leave crappy code all over the place that I'm still finding pieces of and scrubbing with a steel brush. Both here and at ENWorld.

Didn't zach have some encouragement from therpgsite? Wasn't that all part of pundit's attempt to discredit other boards for his own benefit?

What happened with Aldo? He has fingerprints on the back end, still, positive ones in my estimation. He left documentation for one thing.

• Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast