Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: What is Your Favorite Flameout?

Province
    Where it's hot.
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper of Secrets View Post
    So is it fair to say he may not have a pot to piss in? (Even if said pot was designed and created by him?)

Literally, I was drinking something.
    There are no uninteresting things, only uninterested people. ~G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by Goblin Girl View Post
    Not here. It was at NTL over Borko, if I'm remembering correctly.
    Yes, the dumb fucker was livid that we were excoriating one of his members over on NTL, and he was demanding Nutkin "do something about it". Since Nutkin wouldn't, there was a bit of a falling out.

Whatever respect I used to have for Eric (as opposed to his fuckhead grandmother) went down the crapper permanently that day.

Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    Yes, the dumb fucker was livid that we were excoriating one of his members over on NTL, and he was demanding Nutkin "do something about it". Since Nutkin wouldn't, there was a bit of a falling out.

Whatever respect I used to have for Eric (as opposed to his fuckhead grandmother) went down the crapper permanently that day.
    Yeah

Province
    The Flow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by diaglo View Post
    EasyE / Eric Noah had a decent flame out
    so did mrxrpsuzi joebrowning
    Oh yeah, jgbrowning. He has decent sort. To bad Wil pissed in his cornflakes so hard. C'est la ve.

Quote Originally Posted by diaglo View Post
    as for Eric Noah leaving i believe that all stemmed from the Wil Upchurch v. JGBrowning war.
    Eh. I don;t remember that.

Eric was never really a big poster here. I think he had a snit alongside joe, but I don't think he flamed out. I think he just cut back.

He stll posts here, just not very often.

I mean, unless someone could get him to come here and explode into angry drama. That might be funny. Well, except that it would make his ex-wife uncomfortable.
    Why? Is she here? If so, sure. If not, I say lure him in with promises of love and acceptance.
    I can delete you, one click and you're overwritten.

Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    Oh yeah, jgbrowning. He has decent sort.
    I think he kind of proved otherwise, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    That's being awfully kind. Dude had/has some serious problems not to mention being a massive social retard.

EDIT: Also, drama queen =/= attention whore.
    You know, it's somewhat out fault that Spoony behaves like he does. He tells us "I'll behave this time, it'll never happen again", and we end up eventually saying "okay, Spoony, we forgive you", and let him run things again, knowing all the while that the volcano will indeed erupt again, and we, like the crazy diamonds we are, repeat the cycle once it happens. I hope it's realized that Spoony won't ever change, and there's no point in forgiving him every time he does this.

Clay.... if I remember correctly, was a Class A attention whore, and behaved well UNTIL he started getting criticized about anything, and then he went straight off the deep end when it occurred. It was spectacular, to say the least.

Province
    Where it's hot.
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    Why? Is she here?

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Nadazdy View Post
    Clay.... if I remember correctly, was a Class A attention whore, and behaved well UNTIL he started getting criticized about anything, and then he went straight off the deep end when it occurred. It was spectacular, to say the least.
    Shoulda seen him IRL... spectacular... good word...
    There are no uninteresting things, only uninterested people. ~G.K. Chesterton

Province
    The Flow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Piglet View Post
    Well damn. Shows how well I pay attention.
    I can delete you, one click and you're overwritten.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Piglet View Post
    So as someone who knew him well, was he as much of a prissy butt-hurt megadouche in IRL as he played on the forums... or did he simply not translate well?

The ENNIE Award Winning... kiznit's Avatar
    Province
    Xanadu
    Oratio

Ignore User
    You know, it's somewhat out fault that Spoony behaves like he does. He tells us "I'll behave this time, it'll never happen again", and we end up eventually saying "okay, Spoony, we forgive you", and let him run things again, knowing all the while that the volcano will indeed erupt again, and we, like the crazy diamonds we are, repeat the cycle once it happens. I hope it's realized that Spoony won't ever change, and there's no point in forgiving him every time he does this.
    Spoony never "ran" Circvs Maximvs.

At one point he did manage to hack it so that he could ignore JC, because he had old ENworld passwords, I guess.

Spoony did redeem himself a bit after the great ENworld crash (Wasn't that TwinRose's fault?) and he helped restore everything from backups.

Regardless, forgiving people over the internet ain't like a big deal or really meaningful of anything, I think you might be overstating our influence.

Province
    The palace of WTF!
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Perhaps this was the way it was at other sites but I gotta say it wasn't the way it was here unless he did something really big in the year of CM that I missed. He never really had any influence or power except for what Morrus allowed him to get away with, which wasn't much. It was mostly just whiney bullshit, bad RL judgements and massive instability before he went too far and got himself permanently kicked.

I only saw a bit compared to what he's pulled in general but I saw enough to know that not much had changed, if anything. He never added anything to this board except for the occasional trainwreck. I get that people were entertained by the schadenfreude-fest that Spoony was and some folks never get enough of teh drama but his act was old and tired. And his repeated proof of non-growth was stale and un-entertaining.

There's only so far one can go before they have to own their bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by kiznit View Post
    Spoony never "ran" Circvs Maximvs.
    Or I could have just said this.

Quote Originally Posted by kiznit View Post
    At one point he did manage to hack it so that he could ignore JC, because he had old ENworld passwords, I guess.
    The sad thing about that was what he did with Morrus' trust. And the pathetic part was that he actually took the time to erase negrep.
    Last edited by JC; April 21st, 2011 at 10:48 PM. Reason: typo

Spoony was... problematic.... on Nothingland and Nutkinland. What's sad is that I was one of the people willing to give him a second chance.

The ENNIE Award Winning... kiznit's Avatar
    Province
    Xanadu
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    Perhaps this was the way it was at other sites but I gotta say it wasn't the was it was here unless he did something really big in the year of CM that I missed. He never really had any influence or power except for what Morrus allowed him to get away with, which wasn't much. It was mostly just whiney bullshit, bad RL judgements and massive instability before he went too far and got himself permanently kicked.
    Oh man you missed out, that first year he was part of a team of conspirators intent on usurping ENworld's position as el primo RPG site and used to troll CM with hilariously bad dramatic prose of the sheer awesomeness he was going to bring to the table, perhaps in the hopes of luring folks over to his upcoming site.

When no-one showed up he said "fuck it" and gave it to Pundit, someone who's actually managed to make a career out of chicken-littling malicious gamer conspiracies that are supposedly actively working to keep the fun out of RPGs. At least now all the bitter gamer-loathing gamers have a place to gather.

best Christmas evah! COMMUNITY SUPPORTER cinnamon's Avatar
    Province
    By that one tree.
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Are you serious? alsih2o? He went from pleasant and interesting to frothing-at-the-mouth crazy anger monkey like overnight. Manufactured slights and drama and accusations across three (at least) boards.
    Quote Originally Posted by scutisorex shrewlord View Post
    alsiH20's was epic because it was so utterly, completely fucking insane. Not only was the flameout itself brilliant in it's splendor, but the causes and motivations of the flamout were so obscure it was a perfect storm of idiotic froth, like the ramblings of a lobotomized lunatic with Down's Syndrome. The end result, after the dust had settled, was a collective WTF moment for everyone involved. He left everyone disgusted and irritated, but I doubt anyone could really explain why or what the hell happened.
    Yes x 100. Truly bizarre, yet utterly fascinating. My favorite by far.
    J: Yea, well... cinnamon thinks everything is funny.
    cinn: hahaha!

cinn: I'm officially sick of being in the car.
    GL: Ok, well let's play I Spy.
    cinn: Ok! I spy.... A HAWK!
    GL: ...
    GL: Man, you SUCK at I Spy.
    cinn: Well I had to do it fast! It was flying away!

Can't keep a secret Keeper of Secrets's Avatar
    Province
    Ohio
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Spoony was... problematic.... on Nothingland and Nutkinland. What's sad is that I was one of the people willing to give him a second chance.
    I realize this is going to sound batshit crazy but I found Spoony much easier to deal with here than over at NKL.
    Veteran of RelWar 2011

• Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast