Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: What is Your Favorite Flameout?

Quote Originally Posted by Rel View Post
    Trying to apply any sort of logic to his thought process is an exercise in futility.
    Truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Rel View Post
    Trying to apply any sort of logic to his thought process is an exercise in futility.
    The fundamental flaw is assuming it's a process to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    The fundamental flaw is assuming it's a process to begin with.
    I think alsiH20 and Spoony are tied for the greatest flameouts on any board I have even been on. Though I am not sure which board(s) they occured on, so they might not qualify for "Best of CM".

alsiH20's was epic because it was so utterly, completely fucking insane. Not only was the flameout itself brilliant in it's splendor, but the causes and motivations of the flamout were so obscure it was a perfect storm of idiotic froth, like the ramblings of a lobotomized lunatic with Down's Syndrome. The end result, after the dust had settled, was a collective WTF moment for everyone involved. He left everyone disgusted and irritated, but I doubt anyone could really explain why or what the hell happened.

Spoony was the champion Drama Queen. I mean face it, anybody who spends a lot of time on a message board is a bit of a drama queen, but Spoony was a goddamned professional. I tip my hat to him.

Province
    The palace of WTF!
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by scutisorex shrewlord View Post
    Spoony was the champion Drama Queen. I mean face it, anybody who spends a lot of time on a message board is a bit of a drama queen, but Spoony was a goddamned professional. I tip my hat to him.
    That's being awfully kind. Dude had/has some serious problems not to mention being a massive social retard.

EDIT: Also, drama queen =/= attention whore.

Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    That's being awfully kind. Dude had/has some serious problems not to mention being a massive social retard.

EDIT: Also, drama queen =/= attention whore.
    Yeah point taken on DQ/AW.

Province
    The palace of WTF!
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by scutisorex shrewlord View Post
    Yeah point taken on DQ/AW.
    I speak only from experience.

Can't keep a secret Keeper of Secrets's Avatar
    Province
    Ohio
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Most of this is making me want to read some of the flameouts again. Anyone have links to alsiH20's meltdown?
    Veteran of RelWar 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper of Secrets View Post
    Most of this is making me want to read some of the flameouts again. Anyone have links to alsiH20's meltdown?
    There was a very entertaining one on KT if I remember correctly. But that was a couple of years ago.

The ENNIE Award Winning... kiznit's Avatar
    Province
    Xanadu
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by diaglo View Post
    who was this d00d again. i can't seem to remember his name.
    You mean Zach Houghton?

That always struck me as a (reasonable) difference of opinion on what was going on in the ENnies that year, that the usual ENnies haters jumped on and conflated beyond what it was.

Province
    Stoned Mtn, GA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    i still couldn't find that ENnies judge... Zachary somebody or other. i did find some posts by DRW.

edit: and enters kiz to save my sanity.
    FWIW, I'm on the design team and I pretty much find WoW as fun and interesting as banging my head against a brick wall.-- Mike Mearls

I mean, I never GET any but that would be preferable. --Rel

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper of Secrets View Post
    The best alsi meltdown IMHO was back in the NKL/NTL days, so that one's lost to the mists of time.

Quote Originally Posted by EhtoZed View Post
    Wait. What!?
    Not here. It was at NTL over Borko, if I'm remembering correctly.

Province
    Stoned Mtn, GA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Goblin Girl View Post
    Not here. It was at NTL over Borko, if I'm remembering correctly.
    that was the other time.
    FWIW, I'm on the design team and I pretty much find WoW as fun and interesting as banging my head against a brick wall.-- Mike Mearls

I mean, I never GET any but that would be preferable. --Rel

Quote Originally Posted by the Jester View Post
    Is his 'alcoholic pizza jockey' status current? As of our last FB exchange, I got the impression he was doing pottery again.
    it may not be. I heard it from his ex-wife, who heard it from someone who lives in the same town. He may be an alcoholic pizza jockey who throws pots in his kitchen. Or he may have married again and she's supporting him, just like last time. Dunno. He's batshit, so it's not worth pursuing, really.

I mean, unless someone could get him to come here and explode into angry drama. That might be funny. Well, except that it would make his ex-wife uncomfortable.

Can't keep a secret Keeper of Secrets's Avatar
    Province
    Ohio
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Goblin Girl View Post
    it may not be. I heard it from his ex-wife, who heard it from someone who lives in the same town. He may be an alcoholic pizza jockey who throws pots in his kitchen. Or he may have married again and she's supporting him, just like last time. Dunno. He's batshit, so it's not worth pursuing, really.

I mean, unless someone could get him to come here and explode into angry drama. That might be funny. Well, except that it would make his ex-wife uncomfortable.
    So is it fair to say he may not have a pot to piss in? (Even if said pot was designed and created by him?)
    Veteran of RelWar 2011

• Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast