Thread: What is Your Favorite Flameout?

Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    Stop projecting. It's hurting your Internet Badass Cardboard Cutout image.
    Now who's projecting? Oh yeah, you.

Province
    The palace of WTF!
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Did anyone else hear something? I thought I might have when I propped up the PWD stand-up next to the donuts. Someone must have knocked it over.

Eh.

A cardboard stand-up would be an improvement in the Admin position around here.

Province
    The palace of WTF!
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Seriously. There it is again. Probably just a mouse.

Province
    Stoned Mtn, GA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    FWIW, I'm on the design team and I pretty much find WoW as fun and interesting as banging my head against a brick wall.-- Mike Mearls

I mean, I never GET any but that would be preferable. --Rel

awesum sauce, side of kickass Dark Jezter's Avatar
    Province
    The Rockies.
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    See now I don't call that shitting up a thread. I call that poking the insane. GreyOne used to do the exact same thing, GreyOne just never had the flair, the raw talent, that Wil had. Also, GreyOne is liberal, as was most of N*L and this board, so he has far less targets of opportunity.

scuti does it too, but he's been mostly harmless absent from CM. Which is a sham, err, shame.
    In the early days of CM there were a lot more conservatives who posted in the Senate (folks like King Stannis, Mystery Man, SHARK, Hobo, Antius Dokus, etc), so there was a pretty good balance between conservatives and liberals. But over time a lot of these people have stopped posting in the Senate or CM altogether. Mistwell and Ovi are the only two conservatives who frequently post there these days, with Templetroll and 3cat posting less frequently. BiggusGeekus and King Stannis only post on occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Jezter View Post
    In the early days of CM there were a lot more conservatives who posted in the Senate (folks like King Stannis, Mystery Man, SHARK, Hobo, Antius Dokus, etc), so there was a pretty good balance between conservatives and liberals. But over time a lot of these people have stopped posting in the Senate or CM altogether. Mistwell and Ovi are the only two conservatives who frequently post there these days, with Templetroll and 3cat posting less frequently. BiggusGeekus and King Stannis only post on occasion.
    I see it differently. In the early days, the conservodolts (and I say that as opposed to conservatives in general) held nearly absolute sway over the Senate, with a few crazy liberal voices left to offset them. The sane conservatives spent very little time shouting down the crazies among their midst, preferring to have reasonable statements overblown by their crazy backup squad and snickering whenever the liberal side would get inflamed as a result.

So when G1 and I and several other NTLers came back fists-a-swinging, things changed, and we got labelled as liberals for fighting with conservodolts. We held the rational conservatives responsible for not policing their own, and we spent a fair bit of time shouting down the Tohoyas and other liberal nutjobs.

Some of the oldschool conservodolts didn't like having the tables turned and left. Most of the reasonable conservatives stayed, though some edged into troll space to pick up the slack. Some of the crazier conservodolts moderated themselves and became valuable posters (3cat).

Lieutenant Dummy Stupid-Butt Ftumch's Avatar
    Province
    The corner barstool
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    I see it differently. In the early days, the conservodolts (and I say that as opposed to conservatives in general) held nearly absolute sway over the Senate, with a few crazy liberal voices left to offset them. The sane conservatives spent very little time shouting down the crazies among their midst, preferring to have reasonable statements overblown by their crazy backup squad and snickering whenever the liberal side would get inflamed as a result.

So when G1 and I and several other NTLers came back fists-a-swinging, things changed, and we got labelled as liberals for fighting with conservodolts. We held the rational conservatives responsible for not policing their own, and we spent a fair bit of time shouting down the Tohoyas and other liberal nutjobs.

Some of the oldschool conservodolts didn't like having the tables turned and left. Most of the reasonable conservatives stayed, though some edged into troll space to pick up the slack. Some of the crazier conservodolts moderated themselves and became valuable posters (3cat).
    Your masterbatory fantasies are really creepy.
    ---In real life, vampires only sparkle when they're on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftumch View Post
    Your masterbatory fantasies are really creepy.
    The truth hurts, doesn't it?

Province
    Michigan
    Oratio

Ignore User
    I once used a PWD cardboard cutout successfully as a scarecrow. I had the best tomatoes that year.
    Life... is like a grapefruit. It's orange and squishy, and has a few pips in it, and some folks have half a one for breakfast. - Douglas Adams

Some people mistakenly use Jeff Wilder cutouts to guard their vegetables, but then even they can't get near them when the time comes.

Lieutenant Dummy Stupid-Butt Ftumch's Avatar
    Province
    The corner barstool
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    The truth hurts, doesn't it?
    You have no frame of reference with which to say.
    Last edited by Ftumch; May 19th, 2011 at 08:43 PM.
    ---In real life, vampires only sparkle when they're on fire.

First Day On The Internet Calamari Face's Avatar
    Province
    Band of Workermootly Kithish Commonwealths
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Jezter View Post
    Well, using that definition I'd still say that Calamari Face's post semi-qualifies due to his "I'm done with you" comment after calling Mistwell a fuckhead. He may not be saying that he's done with the board, but he is saying that he's done with Mistwell.
    Let's be clear.

I used the term "fuckhead" to describe Mistwell because he was using it with great self-satisfaction to describe someone else. It's not ordinarily a term I would use to describe anyone who has never held elected office.

No flameout was implied. It's just that Mistwell is a bimbo and I've finally had it up to here despite my weakness for Jewish girls.
    Last edited by Calamari Face; May 19th, 2011 at 08:44 PM.

I don't think CF and I agree on much at all, and probably not this. -- Ovinomancer, The Senate, 28 June 2011

I find myself in full agreement with CF. -- Ovinomancer, The Senate, 1 July 2011

Larry Sanders 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by Ftumch View Post
    You have no frame of reference with which to say.
    Only because I never lie. I have to infer these things by watching you other habitual liars.

• Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast