Thread: What is Your Favorite Flameout?

It's ironic, because for all the increased whining, the Senate is a far tamer place these days than it has ever been. Elections always rile things up something fierce, as do the occasional illegal military actions, but for the most part it's become a routine and almost sedate kind of place. It's almost like when the trench warfare really settled into a pattern and people took potshots out of their entrenched positions more from habit than from actually trying to nail anyone... and then they'd have tea.

Grumpy Old Man
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    Huh.

The Senate isn't my thing but it's something that takes away the fun of a large group of CMers perhaps it's time to take action. I know it's happened before.
    Fuck that. If someone isn't having fun in the senate, they shouldn't wander in there, or learn to actually ignore people (and I don't mean the ignore list).

None of this huggler "time to take action" stuff is needed.
    fuck you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by francisca View Post
    The only huggler action that needs to be taken is to run a chainsaw up their asses.

Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    The only huggler action that needs to be taken is to run a chainsaw up their asses.
    Sideways. Don't forget "sideways."

Quote Originally Posted by scutisorex shrewlord View Post
    Sideways. Don't forget "sideways."
    But wouldn't that hurt?
    www.scottmoorecoaching.com

The next CAMP NCGD is on April 27-May1, 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by Rel View Post
    But wouldn't that hurt?
    Chainsaws might hurt someone?

BAN CHAINSAWS! PREVENT ATTROCITIES!

Province
    The Flow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    ... then Ovi/Fartmunch/Nailbunny if they're in a mood to troll on semantic quibbles and feigned obvliviousness about what they're doing.
    I am always sincere in my obliviousness sir!
    I can delete you, one click and you're overwritten.

I can't believe it's an admin COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Bront's Avatar
    Province
    Aurora, IL
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Used to be you could bet on Wil shitting up a thread within three or four posts, but he's apparently busy with other things.
    That's been the worst offender IMHO. If I didn't hate the ignore feature and I wanted to wander into the senate more, I'd have ignored him. He was by far the most toxic thing in the Senate, and brought it out of everyone else. Some of the other raving lunatics at least believed they were making a point. With Wil, you knew he was only there to shit up a thread and try to make others look bad and start frothing, outside of an occasional point he'd make.

Yeah, the Senate isn't as bad now as it used to be. I wander in there occasionally if I'm bored and there's something interesting. Some hot topics can get pretty nasty though (I still remember the senator assassination thread. ugh.).

Province
    The palace of WTF!
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by francisca View Post
    Fuck that. If someone isn't having fun in the senate, they shouldn't wander in there, or learn to actually ignore people (and I don't mean the ignore list).

Pretty sure you just called Morrus a huggler.

I couldn't care less about the Senate, was just raising a point about folks who do enjoy it. And I certainly wouldn't be the one doing anything about it if that's what you were thinking.

Province
    The Flow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Bront View Post
    That's been the worst offender IMHO. If I didn't hate the ignore feature and I wanted to wander into the senate more, I'd have ignored him. He was by far the most toxic thing in the Senate, and brought it out of everyone else. Some of the other raving lunatics at least believed they were making a point. With Wil, you knew he was only there to shit up a thread and try to make others look bad and start frothing, outside of an occasional point he'd make.
    See now I don't call that shitting up a thread. I call that poking the insane. GreyOne used to do the exact same thing, GreyOne just never had the flair, the raw talent, that Wil had. Also, GreyOne is liberal, as was most of N*L and this board, so he has far less targets of opportunity.

scuti does it too, but he's been mostly harmless absent from CM. Which is a sham, err, shame.

Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    scuti does it too, but he's been mostly harmless absent from CM. Which is a sham, err, shame.
    I like my sham on wheat. I don't start much shit in political threads anymore, cause it's the same people saying the same shit for almost 10 years now. So I just pop in, say my piece, and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Janos View Post
    When action has been taken before it's always failed and/or had other repercussions.

Having the Senate or something like it is a major source of conversation (for better and worse). It keeps people posting, emotionally charged, and coming back. It's also a huge magnet for attracting new posters. Basically, it's worth the bad for the other perks of it. And since everyone in it is a willing participant, it becomes a personal responsibility problem, not a board problem.
    I agree. I don't think there's any need to "take action" at all. I could ignore CF or anyone else if I felt like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bront View Post
    Some hot topics can get pretty nasty though (I still remember the senator assassination thread. ugh.).
    Go back and look at it in light of who we've pointed out here, and see how that lines up.

You'll see people who're listed as "occasional trolls" playing their schticks to the hilt and pushing real hard on any button they could reach.

Province
    The Flow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Go back and look at it in light of who we've pointed out here, and see how that lines up.

You'll see people who're listed as "occasional trolls" playing their schticks to the hilt and pushing real hard on any button they could reach.
    I don't remember that thread.

Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    I don't remember that thread.
    The Sen. Giffords shooting thread was the last truly incendiary thread, and even that was fake incendiary after the first fiew pages.

• Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast