Thread: What is Your Favorite Flameout?

awesum sauce, side of kickass Dark Jezter's Avatar
    Province
    The Rockies.
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Another fun flameout is this one, which happened after Mistwell said mean things about Calamari Face's man-crush.
    "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."

-Robert E. Howard, The Tower of the Elephant

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Jezter View Post
    Another fun flameout is this one, which happened after Mistwell said mean things about Calamari Face's man-crush.
    How is that a flameout? Is Calamari Face threatening to leave the Senate?

*crosses fingers*
    www.scottmoorecoaching.com

The next CAMP NCGD is on April 27-May1, 2017.

Province
    The Rockies.
    Oratio

Ignore User
    I always thought that a flameout was the message board equivalent of a temper tantrum. I didn't know that threats to leave were a requirement (although flameouts often do include "screw you guys, I'm going home" type comments).
    "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."

I always thought that a flameout was the message board equivalent of a temper tantrum. I didn't know that threats to leave were a requirement (although flameouts often do include "screw you guys, I'm going home" type comments).
    I always thought that the "out" part of flameout implied that somebody needed to storm off the boards in a huff, at least temporarily.
    www.scottmoorecoaching.com

The next CAMP NCGD is on April 27-May1, 2017.

Province
    The Rockies.
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Rel View Post
    I always thought that the "out" part of flameout implied that somebody needed to storm off the boards in a huff, at least temporarily.
    Well, using that definition I'd still say that Calamari Face's post semi-qualifies due to his "I'm done with you" comment after calling Mistwell a fuckhead. He may not be saying that he's done with the board, but he is saying that he's done with Mistwell.

Well, using that definition I'd still say that Calamari Face's post semi-qualifies due to his "I'm done with you" comment after calling Mistwell a fuckhead. He may not be saying that he's done with the board, but he is saying that he's done with Mistwell.
    Damn. I wish he'd at least be done with the Senate...

Province
    The Flow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    You've been around how long and you don't know what a flameout is?

That was a rant. And a nice one at that, not "RSM's about to stroke out" levels, but better than we usually get these days.
    I can delete you, one click and you're overwritten.

Province
    The Rockies.
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    You've been around how long and you don't know what a flameout is?

That was a rant. And a nice one at that, not "RSM's about to stroke out" levels, but better than we usually get these days.
    Really? I felt it was a pretty weak rant. It just made CF look bitter and pissy rather than sticking it to Mistwell.

It just made CF look bitter and pissy
    Yeah, that's the point.

Really? I felt it was a pretty weak rant. It just made CF look bitter and pissy rather than sticking it to Mistwell.
    Bitter, pissy and irrational. Dont' forget irrational.

Can't keep a secret Keeper of Secrets's Avatar
    Province
    Ohio
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Insert Username Here View Post
    Damn. I wish he'd at least be done with the Senate...
    Sadly, you may wait a long time. CF is one of the top reasons why the Senate is not really a fun place to go and has no real debate in there any more.
    Veteran of RelWar 2011

Province
    The palace of WTF!
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper of Secrets View Post
    Sadly, you may wait a long time. CF is one of the top reasons why the Senate is not really a fun place to go and has no real debate in there any more.
    I don't go in there. Is it that bad? Do others feel the same?

Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    It's why CF is the one and only person to ever land on my ignore list. (I just took him off, but who knows how long that will last.)

Province
    Stoned Mtn, GA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    most of the time Mistwell, Dink, Xyxox, Kwalish Kid, and CF have nothing new to contribute. they just circlejerk each other over semantics.

occassionally they might link to an article worth reading. but that is so infrequent why bother.
    FWIW, I'm on the design team and I pretty much find WoW as fun and interesting as banging my head against a brick wall.-- Mike Mearls

I mean, I never GET any but that would be preferable. --Rel

Quote Originally Posted by diaglo View Post
    most of the time Mistwell, Dink, Xyxox, Kwalish Kid, and CF have nothing new to contribute. they just circlejerk each other over semantics.

occassionally they might link to an article worth reading. but that is so infrequent why bother.
    To be fair, Mistwell posts a fair number of articles. Many are biased, and the content of his posts beyond the article is certainly questionable at times, but he does attempt to start conversations far more often than Dink, KK, or CF. Xyxox did post articles for awhile (again highly partisian), but seems to have stopped and just posts political cartoons most times now.
    Last edited by Janos; May 16th, 2011 at 10:17 PM.

• Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast