Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: What is Your Favorite Flameout?

Can't keep a secret Keeper of Secrets's Avatar
    Province
    Ohio
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by BrutusMaximus View Post
    Nope, I post on other forums.
    Can you tell us where?
    Veteran of RelWar 2011

Province
    The Flow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by BrutusMaximus View Post
    Nope, I post on other forums.
    Prove it. Post only over there for the next few months.
    I can delete you, one click and you're overwritten.

Province
    In the snow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper of Secrets View Post
    Can you tell us where?
    This is somewhere between a guess or a suggestion.
    Last edited by the Jester; April 28th, 2011 at 07:54 PM.
    Spoiler Alert!

Province
    Colorado Springs
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by the Jester View Post
    Link fail. The actual site is here: http://www.wrongplanet.net/
    If you're going to be an asshole, commit. Don't piss on me and tell me that it's raining.

If we're including the collective board history, Kzach's first flameout as DDK ranks as one of the funniest for the 100' arms comments. Northcott really dominated that thread in a way I haven't seen since. And repeated threats of physical violence in posts and PMs just made it all the better.

Clay's was just strange and sad and not all that memorable in the details for me. All the talk did make me recall that he banned me, Limper, and someone else (Nail Bunny, was that you?) from his board for disagreeing with him. When we were banned, we each got a PM that said something along the lines of "Your negativity and disagreeing with me won't be tolerated, you're unwelcome!"

It was awesome. And the thread that triggered it was something relatively innocuous not politics or religion. I wish I could recall what it was about.

I had forgotten about DDK. That was epic!

Province
    The Flow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Janos View Post
    Clay's was just strange and sad and not all that memorable in the details for me. All the talk did make me recall that he banned me, Limper, and someone else (Nail Bunny, was that you?) from his board for disagreeing with him. When we were banned, we each got a PM that said something along the lines of "Your negativity and disagreeing with me won't be tolerated, you're unwelcome!"
    You know what makes it funnier for me? I didn't even know I was banned for several weeks, I'd taken a break from all the boards for a few weeks of serious overtime at work, right when he started going crazy at NKL.

I returned to find him gone, and everyone pissed. I went to his board and found I was banned. For a something I'd said at another board, maybe over at Sang Ob if it was running then, that wasn't even about him, it was just a thread he was starting to "freak out" in.

Very weird.
    I can delete you, one click and you're overwritten.

Province
    Ohio
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Janos View Post
    If we're including the collective board history, Kzach's first flameout as DDK ranks as one of the funniest for the 100' arms comments. Northcott really dominated that thread in a way I haven't seen since. And repeated threats of physical violence in posts and PMs just made it all the better.

It was awesome. And the thread that triggered it was something relatively innocuous not politics or religion. I wish I could recall what it was about.
    Dammit, Kzach will always be a funny flameout but now I am having trouble determining which one is my favorite.
    Veteran of RelWar 2011

Province
    Ohio
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    You know what makes it funnier for me? I didn't even know I was banned for several weeks, I'd taken a break from all the boards for a few weeks of serious overtime at work, right when he started going crazy at NKL.

I returned to find him gone, and everyone pissed. I went to his board and found I was banned. For a something I'd said at another board, maybe over at Sang Ob if it was running then, that wasn't even about him, it was just a thread he was starting to "freak out" in.

Very weird.
    I really think the weirdest thing about him was how he went from normal and cool to batshit crazy in the span of about 48 hours.

Maybe all that time he was just barely holding it together. And then whammo! He just couldn't fake it anymore.

Or maybe he went underground and returned as an alt. Who knows!? Its a mystery.
    Veteran of RelWar 2011

Province
    Walla Walla, Wa
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by EhtoZed View Post

So by all means ignore them, that's been my strategy with LoP now as much as I wish I could have run her ignorant roast beef ass off. Maybe I'll get tired of Borko before he decides to leave too. Maybe not, but until the day there's a consensus to ignore him into oblivion I'll just have to make due.

You fail miserably at ignoring. 4+yrs you've held this flame for me. It's apparent that you will never forget me and for that, I win. I haven't thought about you until I wandered over here for some amusement.

I can't believe it's an admin COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Bront's Avatar
    Province
    Aurora, IL
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenda View Post
    You and me both. It seemed like a spat barely worth noticing at the time. It was only weeks later that I realized it was his reason for leaving.

I miss his crazy contributions to the board, but most of all, I miss his PbP. I'll never get to find out why my character was mysteriously tattooed with the pic of a unicorn humping a dolphin.
    Try e-mailing him. Maybe he'll at least give you some answers.

I have to admit, I REALLY miss the flameouts of old. And, honestly, the flaming of old. To a degree. There were some epic battles, both here and at NTL/NKL. Times change, I guess. But they sure were entertaining for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Goblin Girl View Post
    Edit: he flamed out in real life too. No more pottery business. No more wife. No more house. He's an alcoholic pizza jockey.
    Didn't know he flamed out in real life. That's just sad. His was epic, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenda View Post
    You and me both. It seemed like a spat barely worth noticing at the time. It was only weeks later that I realized it was his reason for leaving.
    I don't think Hobo left because of that thread. I just think it was a tipping point that helped lead him to the decision to leave. Or something.

I don't miss the flameouts. Let me repeat. I don't miss the flameouts. Why? Because for every flameout that was 100% batshit crazy hilarious, there were probably 10 that were based on miscommunication, misunderstanding, hurt feelings or unintentional stupidity on the part of the flamer or the flamed.

Quote Originally Posted by scutisorex shrewlord View Post
    I don't miss the flameouts. Let me repeat. I don't miss the flameouts. Why? Because for every flameout that was 100% batshit crazy hilarious, there were probably 10 that were based on miscommunication, misunderstanding, hurt feelings or unintentional stupidity on the part of the flamer or the flamed.
    There is definitely truth to that.

Province
    Ohio
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by scutisorex shrewlord View Post
    Yeah there IS truth to this.
    Veteran of RelWar 2011

• Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast