Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 568

Thread: [PbP] Wilderlands VI - Here there be Dragons

  1. #16
    chaste little tart der_kluge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    Phoenix, AZ
    Oratio
    18,440

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    OOC:
    Natch. Omik will still probably drive the wagon but a horse will be good to have as well for the ride back.

    Sigh, we need to go find the crazy, blind druid again don't we.
    OOC: The river boat is the easiest way there, but not the only way. You guys went that way last time because no one had any mounts. With horses, it's probably just as fast to just follow the river there.

 

  • #17
    Quote Originally Posted by der_kluge View Post
    GM: If Ambrin has a mount - yes, the unicorn... the rest of you might see about getting mounts as well. Ambrin might also consider getting some tack and a saddle for his unicorn. Would make riding it so much easier. Just buy what you need and put it on your character sheet. We don't need to roleplay all that. You can buy regular riding horses in Norgood.
    OOC: Ambrni goes about buying some gear in the town: blanket, saddle, bridle, feed and such - the whole suite one gets for a horse, in other words. At least he already knows something about their care.


    Ambrin rides out with the rest, occassionally talking to the unicorn in Elvish; he's still uncertain why the creature has chosen him but for now, assumes he'll be informed as needed. He'll also blush strongly at Omik's suggestion.

    "Ah, well, following the river would be best; I'm still uncertain the old druid's raft could hold all these books and we certainly don't want to risk getting them wet."

  • #18
    WIS is my dump stat! Fenris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Province
    Long Island, NY
    Oratio
    2,190

    Ignore User
    "And with how loaded down this wagon is, I don't know if I trust the old fish's rickety raft anyway." replies Omik.

    OOC: OK, horse and tack for Molly and we ought to buy one for Penelope as well. And if the weasel, er, thief, er, Crook ever shows up we need to buy him one as well. A horse for Omik as a back up, then a cart and two strong ox to pull it.
    Anything else folks?
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they will never sit under.

    Play By Post Games

  • #19
    chaste little tart der_kluge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    Phoenix, AZ
    Oratio
    18,440

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    "And with how loaded down this wagon is, I don't know if I trust the old fish's rickety raft anyway." replies Omik.

    OOC: OK, horse and tack for Molly and we ought to buy one for Penelope as well. And if the weasel, er, thief, er, Crook ever shows up we need to buy him one as well. A horse for Omik as a back up, then a cart and two strong ox to pull it.
    Anything else folks?
    Crook has no desire to "go shopping" with you in Gwaelod. He tells you that if you want his help with the dragon back in the caves, then he'd be down for that, and to look for him when you're back.


    The party gets about an hour outside of Norgood, when you hear a commotion coming from down the road.

    You see a wagon headed in the direction of Norgood. There are a couple of chickens scattered about the wagon. An elderly woman with a broom is yelling at the wagon, and seems to be in a awful state. "Get out of there, you beast! You leave them chickens alone, you hear!?" she shouts, attempting to poke at the inside of her wagon with the pointed end of her broom. You see the wagon shake, and chickens clucking frantically from inside the wagon.


  • #20
    Hulk not smash...LOVE! Queenie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Province
    Long Island, NY
    Oratio
    18,990

    Ignore User
    Molly approaches the wagon. "Good Morning dear Lady. What seems to be the trouble?"
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree... it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." Albert Einstein

    Ruby Selari Molly

  • #21
    chaste little tart der_kluge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    Phoenix, AZ
    Oratio
    18,440

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Queenie View Post
    Molly approaches the wagon. "Good Morning dear Lady. What seems to be the trouble?"
    The grizzled old woman bristles at your approach, "Good?! What's good about it!? I've got some crazy winged beast trying to eat my chickens - that's the trouble!", she yells attacking the wagon with the broom.

    You've seen some strange things in your life, but the scene unfolding inside this wagon is right up there near the top.

    Inside you see some sort of smallish dragon-like creature in some kind of standoff with a chicken.



    The chicken, for its part, has a long wooden spoon in its beak, and has apparently managed to keep the beast away ... for now.

  • #22
    Hulk not smash...LOVE! Queenie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Province
    Long Island, NY
    Oratio
    18,990

    Ignore User
    Molly peeked into the wagon and took in the scene. Thoughts of monsters they had fought before and the peril they faced swirled through her mind, then this came into focus and she burst into giggles.

    "Yes, that little creature is quite the trouble I imagine."

    She turned to her party while she rummaged through her own bag. "Anyone have some food? Meat would probably be best." She ripped off a small piece of jerky and held it up in the air. "That should do."

    With the jerky held high she waved it in the air to get the creatures attention.
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree... it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." Albert Einstein

    Ruby Selari Molly

  • #23
    Ambrin dismounts, and smiles as he sees the small creature hissing at the chickens. He moves to the old woman. "Calm yourself, ma'am, we'll deal with it. It might simply be hungry, and Molly should be able to handle it."

    Spoiler:
    At the same time, having never seen such a creature before, he'll still use Detect Evil on it.

  • #24
    WIS is my dump stat! Fenris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Province
    Long Island, NY
    Oratio
    2,190

    Ignore User
    Omik laughs as he sees the strange new creature fighting with the chicken. "Well at least it's unarmed!" he shouts, "I'd watch out for that chicken, he has a spoon!" says Omik between laughter.
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they will never sit under.

    Play By Post Games

  • #25
    chaste little tart der_kluge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    Phoenix, AZ
    Oratio
    18,440

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by WayneLigon View Post
    Ambrin dismounts, and smiles as he sees the small creature hissing at the chickens. He moves to the old woman. "Calm yourself, ma'am, we'll deal with it. It might simply be hungry, and Molly should be able to handle it."

    Spoiler:
    At the same time, having never seen such a creature before, he'll still use Detect Evil on it.
    Spoiler:
    you detect no evil in the area

  • #26
    chaste little tart der_kluge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    Phoenix, AZ
    Oratio
    18,440

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    Omik laughs as he sees the strange new creature fighting with the chicken. "Well at least it's unarmed!" he shouts, "I'd watch out for that chicken, he has a spoon!" says Omik between laughter.
    The chicken glances between you and the creature and says, "Cluck, cluck cluck cluck. Bacawk!"

  • #27
    chaste little tart der_kluge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    Phoenix, AZ
    Oratio
    18,440

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Queenie View Post
    Molly peeked into the wagon and took in the scene. Thoughts of monsters they had fought before and the peril they faced swirled through her mind, then this came into focus and she burst into giggles.

    "Yes, that little creature is quite the trouble I imagine."

    She turned to her party while she rummaged through her own bag. "Anyone have some food? Meat would probably be best." She ripped off a small piece of jerky and held it up in the air. "That should do."

    With the jerky held high she waved it in the air to get the creatures attention.
    It doesn't seem terribly interested in the jerky.

  • #28
    WIS is my dump stat! Fenris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Province
    Long Island, NY
    Oratio
    2,190

    Ignore User
    Omik smiles "Molly it is a wild creature perhaps it wants blood and fresh meat?"

    Omik approaches the woman "Here my fine woman, two gold* for that chicken of yours" says Omik tossing the woman the coin.

    Omik then walks up to the wagon and deftly snatches the spoon from the chicken's beak, giving the chicken a small rap on the head to stun it. Omik walks away smiling as he hands the spoon to Molly. "Here my love, apparently a wooden spoon is a powerful weapon against a dragon" says Omik with an enormous grin on his face.



    *Chickens are worth 2 cp so I assume this trade is acceptable!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they will never sit under.

    Play By Post Games

  • #29
    chaste little tart der_kluge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    Phoenix, AZ
    Oratio
    18,440

    Ignore User
    The woman looks a little stunned by the gold coins, and just stares as Omik takes the chicken. She's also pretty baffled by the fact that Ambrin rode up on a unicorn, so there's that.

    The chicken, a little dazed from being bonked on the head, yells out a curt, "Bacawk!" as Omik picks it up.

    The tiny dragon seems quite interested in the chicken, for whatever reason, and hops out of the wagon and begins circling Omik on the ground. It's a very unusual creature. It looks like a dragon with platinum-colored butterfly wings and iradescent scales.

  • #30
    Hulk not smash...LOVE! Queenie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Province
    Long Island, NY
    Oratio
    18,990

    Ignore User
    "What's it doing?" Molly asked curiously. She approached it slowly, studying it, especially the unique wings.

    "It's so beautiful! Do you think it will bite me if I try to touch it?" she asked as she stretched out her hand toward it.
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree... it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." Albert Einstein

    Ruby Selari Molly

  • Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •