Page 7 of 62 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252657 ... LastLast

Thread: AGELESS Campaign - Episode II, Part II - "Temple of the Cat Goddess"

Province
    Long Island, NY
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverMoon View Post
    She replies, "Yes, and also convinced that he cares deeply about Egypt. Ruby, this is the best for everybody, to end the war peacefully before more blood is shed."
    "I agree, ending the war without more bloodshed is in everybody's best interest. And if you wish for me to speak to your father, I will do it. I promise." She squeezed the woman's hand and left her doubts about her new husband to herself.

"Now, let me tell you what I know. I think there is a plot to assassinate your father. And I believe the French are behind it."

She paused and considered. "They also want to murder your new husband, and think they will be able to rule Egypt though you, the Queen. I believe they are afraid of a non magic supporting country, as their own country is becoming. I am not entirely certain which Frenchman we can trust and it makes me nervous you now mentioned two parties of French being sent to your Father. And that the General is surrounded by French he thinks are his friends."

OOC: That was me, Queenie.
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they will never sit under.

Play By Post Games

Province
    Long Island, NY
    Oratio

Ignore User
    "Very well sir", Daguerre states. They resume the ascent up the stairs, soon reaching the rooftop. George notes that there is a large group of ten French Foreign Legion soldiers huddles along the far corner. Near them is a group of six men in suits and ties standing alongside a small cart Based upon the bedding on the top of the cart and black doctor's bags on a shelf beneath, it is assumed these are the medical team.
    George follows along taking careful note of the personnel. He gestures to his own bags of photographic equipment. "Where shall I place my own equipment Mssr. Daguerre?"
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they will never sit under.

Play By Post Games

Province
    New Hampshire
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Queenie
    "She paused and considered. "They also want to murder your new husband, and think they will be able to rule Egypt though you, the Queen. I believe they are afraid of a non magic supporting country, as their own country is becoming. I am not entirely certain which Frenchman we can trust and it makes me nervous you now mentioned two parties of French being sent to your Father. And that the General is surrounded by French he thinks are his friends."
    A look of shock comes over the Princesses face. "What! How do you know this? What evidence do you have of this that you could show to my father?"

Province
    New Hampshire
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    George follows along taking careful note of the personnel. He gestures to his own bags of photographic equipment. "Where shall I place my own equipment Mssr. Daguerre?"
    He replies, "Mr. Lippmann will be here momentarily. He will show you on board."

The Dirigible arrives and is tethered to the room. A ramp is lowered from the lower passenger compartment and the soliders and medics board. The Frenchmen Lippmann and Poincare soon arrive carrying large satchels of equipment and usher George to follow them. They enter the lower level, comprised mostly of the arms and armament, and then climb a spiral staircase up to the top level. This level has a fifteen foot high ceiling, but George notes the springs and braces that could condese the ceiling to half that height if or when the floor rises due to the cannon recoil.

Province
    Long Island, NY
    Oratio

Ignore User
    A look of shock comes over the Princesses face. "What! How do you know this? What evidence do you have of this that you could show to my father?"
    "I don't have actual physical evidence of this. But I absolutely trust where the information has come from.

I think you know that I am here with my grandmother, and some other friends of mine. While I have been here with you, others have been off getting into their own trouble and have come to this information by way of that. I have no actual proof, myself.

But believe me, none of us have any intention but to try to help stop the war. There are other details that I have of some of their nefarious plots and plans of exactly how they will try to accomplish the murder of your father.

However, I don't know that much about your Dad or his schedules or plans or whatever so I don't really understand how the French will put these plans into motion. Something about disguises and sheep...?" Ruby scrunched her nose.

"We've all been wracking our brains at what to do but in the end I felt it was best to trust you and tell you what I've learned."
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree... it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." — Albert Einstein

Ruby Selari Molly

Province
    New Hampshire
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Queenie View Post
    "However, I don't know that much about your Dad or his schedules or plans or whatever so I don't really understand how the French will put these plans into motion. Something about disguises and sheep...?" Ruby scrunched her nose. "We've all been wracking our brains at what to do but in the end I felt it was best to trust you and tell you what I've learned."
    "More important I think that you tell my father," she replies. Neferka says, "I am not sure how much you know about magical items, but one that higher-level wizards frequently craft is a magical disguise. This is placed on a piece of jewelry or clothing, and when a command word is stated, the people physcially resembes who the items was designed to represent.

I have two such items, one that will make somebody resemble me, the other to change my own appearance. Ruby, I am asking you to take my place, to be the one who gets kidnapped. You would then explain all this to my father."

Province
    Long Island, NY
    Oratio

Ignore User
    "I have heard of such items." Ruby slouched down in the chair next to the Princess. "Do you think he will listen to me? And, will you come with me, even if as someone else?"
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree... it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." — Albert Einstein

Ruby Selari Molly

Province
    New Hampshire
    Oratio

Ignore User
    "Do you think he will listen to me? And, will you come with me, even if as someone else?"
    "I think he will have no choice but to listen to you. And no, I cannot come. The Royal Palace has special magical protections, the disguises will be stripped the instant that you appear there."

Province
    Long Island, NY
    Oratio

Ignore User
    He replies, "Mr. Lippmann will be here momentarily. He will show you on board."

The Dirigible arrives and is tethered to the room. A ramp is lowered from the lower passenger compartment and the soliders and medics board. The Frenchmen Lippmann and Poincare soon arrive carrying large satchels of equipment and usher George to follow them. They enter the lower level, comprised mostly of the arms and armament, and then climb a spiral staircase up to the top level. This level has a fifteen foot high ceiling, but George notes the springs and braces that could condese the ceiling to half that height if or when the floor rises due to the cannon recoil.
    George looks around "Is this where we will set up gentlemen?"

Play By Post Games

Province
    Long Island, NY
    Oratio

Ignore User
    "I think he will have no choice but to listen to you. And no, I cannot come. The Royal Palace has special magical protections, the disguises will be stripped the instant that you appear there."
    "I heard that - apparently some of the French tried that approach to get to your father already. And I am concerned that once my disguise is gone your father will throw me in a dungeon, or worse. I am just not sure I can force him to listen."

"George is going to kill me." She rubbed her eyes and sighed. "I don't think I have a choice though, I feel like I must go."

"Is there anything else you can tell me to help me to get him to listen? Or anything else I need to know?"

Ruby Selari Molly

Province
    New Hampshire
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    George looks around "Is this where we will set up gentlemen?"
    Lippmann says, "Oui, stay clear of the pilots and engineers, but we can move around and set up at any of the other areas by the windows. Note that there are grommits and latches throughout the floor, we use those to fasten the legs of our tripods to, so that the cameras stay as steady as possbile.

Henri Poincare heads to a metal table in the center of the room and secures a map of this section of Egypt to it. He then removes a number of magnetic markers of various colors which he places on his end off the table.

Province
    New Hampshire
    Oratio

Ignore User
    "And I am concerned that once my disguise is gone your father will throw me in a dungeon, or worse. I am just not sure I can force him to listen."
    Neferka says, "Begin by telling him that you are the Granddaughter of Willamina Hamilton Parker, a close friend of the British Military. That should enable him to at least listen to what you have to say."

"Is there anything else you can tell me to help me to get him to listen? Or anything else I need to know?"
    She hands Ruby a silver and platinum ring with a tiger-eye stone. "This is the item that will transform you into me. The command word is "Isis". She also gives Ruby an amulet and says "This will help you too, it will enable to you to hear and speak all languages."

The Princess pours herself a drink of some type of juice and then asks, "So what can you tell me about the American folk hero named Paul Bunyan?"

Province
    Long Island, NY
    Oratio

Ignore User
    "Paul Bunyan? The guy from the fairy tale? Uh, nothing really. My grandmother or even George would know more than me. And George would be happy to tak about it, he's a history buff. Why do you ask?"

Ruby's mind was completely distracted by what was going to happen. She glanced around the room, finding some paper and a pen. She sat at the desk and quickly wrote out a note. "Please make sure George gets this, in case I don't return." She handed the Princess a quickly scrawled piece of paper.

Ruby Selari Molly

Province
    New Hampshire
    Oratio

Ignore User
    "Paul Bunyan? The guy from the fairy tale? Uh, nothing really. My grandmother or even George would know more than me. And George would be happy to tak about it, he's a history buff. Why do you ask?"
    The Princess lifts up a gold ring and states "Because that is who this will transform me into. Why else would I be wearing these absurd pieces of clothing? Ahmed thinks it best that I don't try to resemble anybody Egyptian, and was able to obtain this. Once transformed I will go find your Grandmother, and pretend to be her bodyguard.

OOC: Ruby would know that Mina and Abby are cathcing the southbound train.

Province
    Long Island, NY
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Lippmann says, "Oui, stay clear of the pilots and engineers, but we can move around and set up at any of the other areas by the windows. Note that there are grommits and latches throughout the floor, we use those to fasten the legs of our tripods to, so that the cameras stay as steady as possbile.

Henri Poincare heads to a metal table in the center of the room and secures a map of this section of Egypt to it. He then removes a number of magnetic markers of various colors which he places on his end off the table.
    "It is too bad we do not have a port in the floor to take pictures from directly overhead" replies George as he sets up his equipment. After his tripods are set up, he heads over to the maps to study the area, where he may want to take pictures, and what the markers signify.

Play By Post Games

• Page 7 of 62 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252657 ... LastLast