Page 5 of 62 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232455 ... LastLast

Thread: AGELESS Campaign - Episode II, Part II - "Temple of the Cat Goddess"

Province
    New Hampshire
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by orchid blossom View Post
    Abby's smile was genuine as she said, "Mrs. Parker, I'd be pleased to be your friend. And have someone to confide in in return. And as long as I'm not trying to work out my own love life, my vision is usually pretty clear."
    Mina says, "Well, I for one see a very positive side effect to your former love reappearing at this time. Our team's two acquisionists, Lawrence and Benjamin, have both been somewhat smitten. Mr. Stuart being here will help them both to focus on the mission at hand rather than potential romantic entaglements."

Quote Originally Posted by SilverMoon View Post
    Mina says, "Well, I for one see a very positive side effect to your former love reappearing at this time. Our team's two acquisionists, Lawrence and Benjamin, have both been somewhat smitten. Mr. Stuart being here will help them both to focus on the mission at hand rather than potential romantic entaglements."
    "I must have been focused on the mission; I didn't notice. Good to know I haven't lost my touch," she chuckled. "We'll all become friends quick enough and then you won't have to worry about romances. A lot of times I like men for friends better than women, but then again, most women aren't like us."
    Opportunity is usually missed because it shows up in overalls looking like work. -- Mike Rowe

Province
    New Hampshire
    Oratio

Ignore User
    "We'll all become friends quick enough and then you won't have to worry about romances. A lot of times I like men for friends better than women, but then again, most women aren't like us."
    "True, true, and I know what you mean about being too busy for romance on missions. I'd worked with James for almost a half-century, with us even posing as a married couple on many occassions, with never any indication of romantic feelings. That's why his proposal a few years back came as such a surprise."

"True, true, and I know what you mean about being too busy for romance on missions. I'd worked with James for almost a half-century, with us even posing as a married couple on many occassions, with never any indication of romantic feelings. That's why his proposal a few years back came as such a surprise."
    "You didn't have any inkling? At all? You must have felt something yourself since you said yes."
    Opportunity is usually missed because it shows up in overalls looking like work. -- Mike Rowe

Province
    New Hampshire
    Oratio

Ignore User
    "You didn't have any inkling? At all? You must have felt something yourself since you said yes."
    Mina laughs, "We were always fond of one another, but on most of our missions together either or both of us were married to other people. There's also something comforting in being regarding as "one of the guys" when everybody's life is on the line."

Province
    Long Island, NY
    Oratio

Ignore User
    One steps forward to block Ruby from attempting to enter while the other opens the door to head into the room. When the door opens Ruby notes several servants and some more ogre guards inside the central room. She does not see either the Princess or the General.
    "Tell her Ruby West is here to see her!" she called after the guard, hoping perhaps one of the servants who knew her would alert the princess if the guard did not.

She took a couple of steps away from the door to put the guard at ease and waited.
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree... it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." — Albert Einstein

Ruby Selari Molly

Mina laughs, "We were always fond of one another, but on most of our missions together either or both of us were married to other people. There's also something comforting in being regarding as "one of the guys" when everybody's life is on the line."
    "I'd say it's essential. If you're working with men who don't think you can take care of yourself, suddenly they're paying more attention to protecting you than to getting the job done. That's where Cal might be a problem. He's never seen me deal with dangerous situations, we were on a dig together in England. It's not that he doesn't think I'm capable, but he doesn't KNOW it, and he has a noble streak."

Province
    New Hampshire
    Oratio

Ignore User
    "That's where Cal might be a problem. He's never seen me deal with dangerous situations, we were on a dig together in England. It's not that he doesn't think I'm capable, but he doesn't KNOW it, and he has a noble streak."
    Mina laughs and says, "Let him spend a little time with myself and James, we'll set him straight in no time."

As they are talking, more of the city guard arrive to quell the potential riot that might appear when the train arrives.

Mina says, "I fear we will not be able to make the first train out just waiting in line behind this crowd. Perhaps we should think of another way to board."

Province
    New Hampshire
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Queenie View Post
    She took a couple of steps away from the door to put the guard at ease and waited.
    In short order she is ushered inside and towards the master bedroom. She is surprised to see the Princess awake and alert, attired in of all things a large cotton flannel men's shirt in a red and black Rob Roy plaid pattern and a very loose pair of denim jeans. She is sitting in a chair at a desk, looking over some documents with a magnifying glass. A pair of large men's boots are on the floor near her chair. A steaming pot of coffee is beside her next to an empty mug with coffee on the bottom.

Province
    Long Island, NY
    Oratio

Ignore User
    In short order she is ushered inside and towards the master bedroom. She is surprised to see the Princess awake and alert, attired in of all things a large cotton flannel men's shirt in a red and black Rob Roy plaid pattern and a very loose pair of denim jeans. She is sitting in a chair at a desk, looking over some documents with a magnifying glass. A pair of large men's boots are on the floor near her chair. A steaming pot of coffee is beside her next to an empty mug with coffee on the bottom.
    "Good morning! How is the new bride this morning? It was such a beautiful wedding, I had a wonderful time and I can't tell you how much I appreciate you letting me be involved." Ruby moved to the coffee and gestured to the pot. "Would you like me to pour you another cup?"
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree... it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." — Albert Einstein

Ruby Selari Molly

Province
    New Hampshire
    Oratio

Ignore User
    "Good morning! How is the new bride this morning? It was such a beautiful wedding, I had a wonderful time and I can't tell you how much I appreciate you letting me be involved." Ruby moved to the coffee and gestured to the pot. "Would you like me to pour you another cup?"
    "Yes, please," Neferka states adding "I've been up for an hour or so."
    Last edited by SilverMoon; January 16th, 2011 at 01:25 PM.

Province
    Long Island, NY
    Oratio

Ignore User
    "Yes, please," Nefelka states adding "I've been up for an hour or so."
    "How do you like it?" Ruby asked as she poured the princess a cup. "And my goodness, up an hour? After all that partying you did last night?"

She sighed. "I guess with everything going on it's hard to sleep."

She looked around the room. "Where is your new husband?"

Ruby Selari Molly

Mina says, "I fear we will not be able to make the first train out just waiting in line behind this crowd. Perhaps we should think of another way to board."
    "That's been in the back of my mind, too. Wouldn't be the most comfortable ride, but we could try to get into a freight car. It'd get us where we want to go. Otherwise we could try to charm someone. I really hate changing people's minds over their own wills though.

Anything much more serious, that isn't mundane, is beyond me at this point."

Province
    Long Island, NY
    Oratio

Ignore User
    With a stern look Daguerre says, "No sir, it does not. If you cannot give the assurances that you will not interfere with the operation of the craft you will remain behind."

Daguerre replies, "Why for self defense. The dirigible will be operating as more than just a photographic expedition. As you are no doubt aware, the primary cause of battlefield casualties is the lack of immediate medical attention. Our vehicle may also be serving the role of the world's fastest ambulence. We have made arrangements with both sides that if any of their military leaders, Colonel rank or higher, should receive a mortal wound then we will land a safe distance back and take them on board. We will then transport them quickly to their designated military hospital. We expect both sides to honor that agreement, however there is always the chance that one side may see our actions as an opportunity to eliminate an enemy leader, at least for the short span of time that we are near or on the ground."
    "You must understand Mssr. Daguerre that you are asking me to accompany an expedition that suddenly has a very different purpose, scope, scale, and perhaps intent than that of which I was informed of. The intimation however is more insidious. Why do you have some fear that I would interfere with anyone? For you to extract such a requirement of me, makes me wonder what motive you have for that. Why would I interfere with a solely humanitarian effort? Perhaps your lack of trust in me is reflected in you lack of trust for the combatants in regards to them keeping such a truce. As such I think it is quite reasonable for me to have qualms about giving assurances since I am not receiving any from you as to your level of non-inference. Do you fear espionage? Sabotage? Do you fear that I shall sway the tide of battle? Should I not be concerned for the reverse? That you and your countrymen will seek to sway the tide of battle? I am very willing, nay eager to give you my assurances, so long as you are willing to vouchsafe for my safety as well as the intent of your mission. For with me airbourne in your ship, I am culpable and accomplice to whatever actions are performed there. So Mssr. Daguerre, do I have your assurances?" asks George indignantly.
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they will never sit under.

Play By Post Games

Province
    New Hampshire
    Oratio

Ignore User
    She looked around the room. "Where is your new husband?"
    She replies, "He left two hours before dawn to go fight his war."

• Page 5 of 62 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232455 ... LastLast