Page 4 of 62 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222354 ... LastLast

Thread: AGELESS Campaign - Episode II, Part II - "Temple of the Cat Goddess"

Province
    New Hampshire
    Oratio
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by orchid blossom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    "Then she laughed and added, "Well, it's not always unfortunate."
    Mina smiles and asks, "Men or man? You have been far more animated ever since you ran into Callum Stuart two days ago."

WIS is my dump stat! COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Fenris's Avatar
    Province
    Long Island, NY
    Oratio
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Queenie View Post
    OOC: If George and Ruby have more conversation we'll fill it in later.

"Baby, your ride is here. I guess this is it for a while. Please be safe and be careful. Don't trust anyone. And don't forget that they are very proficient in you know what, so things, people, whatever might not be what it seems."

Ruby waved the other photographer over. "Good morning Mr. Daguerre. Early start today I see. Have you already eaten?"

"Ha, that is a good one. The Infamous Ruby West telling me to be careful." laughs George. George stuffs a few more mouthfuls of food in as Ruby interrogates Mr. Daguerre.

George does save the poor man by standing, kissing Ruby and saying they must go. "I will send you a message my dear, I am sure we will return no later than an hour after sunset."
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they will never sit under.

Play By Post Games

Hulk not smash...LOVE! COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Queenie's Avatar
    Province
    Long Island, NY
    Oratio
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverMoon View Post
    Daguerre says, "There is still plenty to do here in Zakazik. My colleage Champollion needs to secure and protect his Bubastis project from the weapons of war, and we also have a Princess to keep safe if there is any hope of securing peace."
    "You mean the dig that we took a tour of? Oh and funny you should mention the Princess..."

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    "Ha, that is a good one. The Infamous Ruby West telling me to be careful." laughs George. George stuffs a few more mouthfuls of food in as Ruby interrogates Mr. Daguerre.

George does save the poor man by standing, kissing Ruby and saying they must go. "I will send you a message my dear, I am sure we will return no later than an hour after sunset."
    "Alright then, good luck and be safe." She stood up and kissed him in return. "I'm off on my own adventure!"

Once the two men departed Ruby returned to the hotel where the wedding was to look for the Princess.
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree... it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." — Albert Einstein

Ruby Selari Molly

Province
    Albany
    Oratio
    vCash

Ignore User
    Mina smiles and asks, "Men or man? You have been far more animated ever since you ran into Callum Stuart two days ago."
    "Let's put it this way, Cal isn't the first man to remember me. But as far as me remembering a man... I really am thrilled to see him again, even though he's so cavalier about everything.

It's not just Cal, though, the more being more animated. Mrs. Parker, I've struggled to find my place in this group. Not my job, that I know, but my place. In school I was "that smart girl who wanted to go to college". Then I went to college with a whole bunch of girls, and I was "that gorgeous, uninhibited girl". As I moved up further in my career I earned the respect of the people I worked with and I was happy with being "colleague". I fear here I'm a little bit too much like you, a little too much like Alsoomse, and a little more too much like your granddaughter.

When it comes to Cal, with him, I know where I stand. At least as far as how we relate to each other. And knowing where I stand always makes me more confident.

But not to worry, time will shake things out. On both fronts."
    Opportunity is usually missed because it shows up in overalls looking like work. -- Mike Rowe

Province
    New Hampshire
    Oratio
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by orchid blossom View Post
    " I fear here I'm a little bit too much like you, a little too much like Alsoomse, and a little more too much like your granddaughter."
    Mina replies, "Ah, but you do have a special role to fill with this group, you're my friend and confidant. Normally I have no choice but to bond with the only other female on the team, but not now, half our team are women. Furthermore, I am the team leader, something that has never happened before. And while I value the counsel of Alsoomse and Ruby, one is the grandmother of my husband and the other my granddaughter. We are of no relation Abby, your viewpooint is more objective, not clouded by family and history."

Province
    New Hampshire
    Oratio
    vCash

Ignore User
    "George does save the poor man by standing, kissing Ruby and saying they must go. "I will send you a message my dear, I am sure we will return no later than an hour after sunset."
    As they make their way upstairs to the roof Daguerre says to George "There will be five separate groups on board the Dreadnaught: the soldiers, the medical team, the photographers, the pilots and the engineering team. You are being brought on board as a guest and participant to the photographic team. Before you board I need your assurance that you will in no way interact with and bother the other four groups. They each have very important jobs to do, jobs necessary to guarantee the safety of you and the others on board, and cannot afford to be distracted."

Province
    New Hampshire
    Oratio
    vCash

Ignore User
    "Once the two men departed Ruby returned to the hotel where the wedding was to look for the Princess.
    Outside the door are a pair of heavily harmed ogres standing guard. Neither address Ruby but both give her icy stares.

Province
    New Hampshire
    Oratio
    vCash

Ignore User
    "You mean the dig that we took a tour of? Oh and funny you should mention the Princess..."
    He replies, "Yes, that archaeological site must be protected from the ravages of war. And the Princess is the key to negotiating a truce. If she should die neither her father or husband would have any incentive to stop the bloodshed."

Province
    Michigan
    Oratio
    vCash

Ignore User
    He replies, "I am a newpaper report for the London Times. There is a considerable interest in this Egyptian Campaign....

Ug, What Newspaper man know of Egyptian war? What makem war so interesting?

Province
    New Hampshire
    Oratio
    vCash

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Curious View Post
    Ug, What Newspaper man know of Egyptian war? What makem war so interesting?
    He replies, "The interest is in the canal, the Suez Canal linking the Meditteranian Sea to the Persian Gulf. That allows ships to travel directly from Europe and Asia without having to sail around Africa. British banking interests financed the building of the canal, so retention of a stable Egyptian government, who will honor those financial committments, is essential."

Hulk not smash...LOVE! COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Queenie's Avatar
    Province
    Long Island, NY
    Oratio
    vCash

Ignore User
    Outside the door are a pair of heavily harmed ogres standing guard. Neither address Ruby but both give her icy stares.
    "Good day gentlemen, I am a friend of the Princess's. Is she up yet?"
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree... it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." — Albert Einstein

Ruby Selari Molly

WIS is my dump stat! COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Fenris's Avatar
    Province
    Long Island, NY
    Oratio
    vCash

Ignore User
    As they make their way upstairs to the roof Daguerre says to George "There will be five separate groups on board the Dreadnaught: the soldiers, the medical team, the photographers, the pilots and the engineering team. You are being brought on board as a guest and participant to the photographic team. Before you board I need your assurance that you will in no way interact with and bother the other four groups. They each have very important jobs to do, jobs necessary to guarantee the safety of you and the others on board, and cannot afford to be distracted."
    "Well Mssr. Daguerre, that all depends of course upon whether their jobs distract me or interact with me." replies George with a disarming smile. "But what does the Dreadnaught need a team of soldiers for if this is, as I was told, merely a photographic expedition meant to document the battles and terrain?" queries George.
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they will never sit under.

Play By Post Games

Province
    New Hampshire
    Oratio
    vCash

Ignore User
    "Good day gentlemen, I am a friend of the Princess's. Is she up yet?"
    One steps forward to block Ruby from attempting to enter while the other opens the door to head into the room. When the door opens Ruby notes several servants and some more ogre guards inside the central room. She does not see either the Princess or the General.

Province
    New Hampshire
    Oratio
    vCash

Ignore User
    "Well Mssr. Daguerre, that all depends of course upon whether their jobs distract me or interact with me." replies George with a disarming smile.
    With a stern look Daguerre says, "No sir, it does not. If you cannot give the assurances that you will not interfere with the operation of the craft you will remain behind."

"But what does the Dreadnaught need a team of soldiers for if this is, as I was told, merely a photographic expedition meant to document the battles and terrain?" queries George.
    Daguerre replies, "Why for self defense. The dirigible will be operating as more than just a photographic expedition. As you are no doubt aware, the primary cause of battlefield casualties is the lack of immediate medical attention. Our vehicle may also be serving the role of the world's fastest ambulence. We have made arrangements with both sides that if any of their military leaders, Colonel rank or higher, should receive a mortal wound then we will land a safe distance back and take them on board. We will then transport them quickly to their designated military hospital. We expect both sides to honor that agreement, however there is always the chance that one side may see our actions as an opportunity to eliminate an enemy leader, at least for the short span of time that we are near or on the ground."

Province
    Albany
    Oratio
    vCash

Ignore User
    Mina replies, "Ah, but you do have a special role to fill with this group, you're my friend and confidant. Normally I have no choice but to bond with the only other female on the team, but not now, half our team are women. Furthermore, I am the team leader, something that has never happened before. And while I value the counsel of Alsoomse and Ruby, one is the grandmother of my husband and the other my granddaughter. We are of no relation Abby, your viewpooint is more objective, not clouded by family and history."
    Abby's smile was genuine as she said, "Mrs. Parker, I'd be pleased to be your friend. And have someone to confide in in return. And as long as I'm not trying to work out my own love life, my vision is usually pretty clear."
    Opportunity is usually missed because it shows up in overalls looking like work. -- Mike Rowe

• Page 4 of 62 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222354 ... LastLast