Hulk not smash...LOVE! COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Queenie's Avatar
    Province
    Long Island, NY
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverMoon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    The Princess replies, "He has several Generals, some of who are serving as advisors to the British, but for this battle Father is letter the British bear the brunt of the action against the rebels. He feels it better this way, to have Egyptians fight Egyptians would be bad for morale."
    "So the British are fighting for Egypt?" Ruby furrowed her brow. "I'm afraid to say I don't know much about politics and things like that. I assume the British are Egyptian allies then?" She continues hesitantly, "And they are fighting because they don't want the rebels to get control... why?"
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree... it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." — Albert Einstein

Ruby Selari Molly

Province
    New Hampshire
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Queenie View Post
    "She continues hesitantly, "And they are fighting because they don't want the rebels to get control... why?"
    The Princess replies, "It is all about the Suez Canal. Not only does the canal allow the British Empire far quicker access from Europe to Asia, but it was built by loans that my father made with primarily British banks. A new government could potentially block access to the canal to British military and merchant ships, and also default on the loans, which would throw the British banking system into chaos."

Hulk not smash...LOVE! COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Queenie's Avatar
    Province
    Long Island, NY
    Oratio

Ignore User
    The Princess replies, "It is all about the Suez Canal. Not only does the canal allow the British Empire far quicker access from Europe to Asia, but it was built by loans that my father made with primarily British banks. A new government could potentially block access to the canal to British military and merchant ships, and also default on the loans, which would throw the British banking system into chaos."
    "Ah, that makes sense. Sorry you have to explain all this to the dumb American. I just never really paid much attention in school or to the news."
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree... it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." — Albert Einstein

Ruby Selari Molly

Province
    Michigan
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by orchid blossom View Post
    She smiled at Cetan and said, "English, Francais, or Egyptian, honey. Otherwise I have to cast a spell to understand you."
    With dramatic gestering Cetan replies in English, " You make'em ready and we go to fields where heap big Elf say."
    Last edited by 2Curious; February 15th, 2011 at 06:55 PM. Reason: fixed quote brackets

As they prepare to depart they see a large gathering in front of the temple to Ra at the end of the street. Rather than a religious affair, it looks more political in nature given the number of people carrying and waving firearms. A large bearded man is standing atop the temple steps and several people start to chant "Abdullah". Mina says, "Let's switch to Plan B and all stay together, I think we've found our fanatic."
    "Well, that didn't take long. I wish I knew what Sardou looked like."

Quote Originally Posted by 2Curious View Post
    With dramatic gestering Cetan replies in English, " You make'em ready and we go to fields where heap big Elf say."
    "Honey, Alsoomse brought you to us, so I KNOW that your brains outstrip just about all your other attributes. If that accent makes you happy you go right ahead, but you're not foolin' me."
    Opportunity is usually missed because it shows up in overalls looking like work. -- Mike Rowe

WIS is my dump stat! COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Fenris's Avatar
    Province
    Long Island, NY
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Keeping an eye on Woolsley appears to also be high on the agenda of the Frenchman Renan, whose bonoculars follow the General's every movement.

The Egyptians rush to take on the British troops flowing into and behind their ranks, but with a noted lack of coordination. After ten minutes of intense fighting, the overwhelming number of attackers causes the British to retreat back through the gap to their ranks.

The tide of battle then shifts once more, as a group of 400 camel-riding advanced cavarly from General Grahams forces arrive, having circumnavigated around to the north and come in behind the Egyptian northern troops, whose cannon are pointed southward. These Egyptians are taken completely by suriprise. This location was where General Orabi himself had been leading the fighting, and the rebel leader appears to be the primary target of this group.
    George keep a close eye on Rena keen to spot any surreptitious spells being cast. George does keep an eye out for where the airship might head next, which general might be more in trouble.

George searches for General Orabi through his camera lens. Finding the General, George under his camera hood, quietly mutters something.*

Spoiler:
    Oh yes at it again George casts message again this time at General Orabi, this message is in Arabic.

"General Orabi, this is the jinn Kulan of the desert. Take heart, hold firm, turn your cannon and I shall shield your men from harm. Cast out the white men."

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they will never sit under.

Play By Post Games

Quote Originally Posted by Cetan View Post
    "You make'em ready and we go to fields where heap big Elf say."

Fish is unsuccessful stifling his snicker.

Province
    New Hampshire
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    Finding the General, George under his camera hood, quietly mutters something.
    Taking the message to heart, Orabi orders his cannon turned just as the lead Egyptians engage his forces. They are unable to prevent the first 100 from entering the rebel forces ranks, but the cannon fire upon the remainder, forcing a temporary retreat.

Not wanting to be surrounded or captured, the forward group of British camel cavalry push onward, cutting down many of Orabi's personal guard but are unable to strike the General himself. They then proceed forward, slashing swords and firing pistols upon rebel cannon crews that they come in from behind, before preceeding onward and back to their own lines of troops.

Another hour of battle follow, both sides gaining and then loosing ground, with the Egyptian rebels having a slight upper hand. That then changes as the remainder of General Graham's reinforcements come onto the scene.

Province
    Michigan
    Oratio

Ignore User
    "Honey, Alsoomse brought you to us, so I KNOW that your brains outstrip just about all your other attributes. If that accent makes you happy you go right ahead, but you're not foolin' me."
    "Squaw sound ready", Cetan says without the hand gestures. He turns and heads for the fields to see what can be seen.
    Last edited by 2Curious; February 15th, 2011 at 06:55 PM. Reason: fixed qoute brackets

WIS is my dump stat! COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Fenris's Avatar
    Province
    Long Island, NY
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Taking the message to heart, Orabi orders his cannon turned just as the lead Egyptians engage his forces. They are unable to prevent the first 100 from entering the rebel forces ranks, but the cannon fire upon the remainder, forcing a temporary retreat.

Not wanting to be surrounded or captured, the forward group of British camel cavalry push onward, cutting down many of Orabi's personal guard but are unable to strike the General himself. They then proceed forward, slashing swords and firing pistols upon rebel cannon crews that they come in from behind, before preceeding onward and back to their own lines of troops.

Another hour of battle follow, both sides gaining and then loosing ground, with the Egyptian rebels having a slight upper hand. That then changes as the remainder of General Graham's reinforcements come onto the scene.
    George heads over and gets a drink of cool water. The hot desert sun coming through the windows makes the cabin warm. After his drink he stops to examine the board for a moment before heading back to his camera.

"It is sad that so much death and destruction cannot be stopped."
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they will never sit under.

Play By Post Games

Province
    New Hampshire
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    "It is sad that so much death and destruction cannot be stopped."
    Mongofier walks over to George and says, "But it can be Mr. Eastman, that is why we are here. Hopefully today's battle will be more than enough for both sides, and they will be inclined to negotiate a truce."

With the arrival of the new reinforcements one would think that the tide of battle would now shift if favor of the British, but that does not appear to be the case. For the next forty-five minutes the forces under both General Woolsley and General Graham mount changes and attacks, but with no coordination between them. In some instances the troops converge on the same area and actually get in each other's way, in other instances they move in opposite directions, leaving vast openings for the Egyptians to move forward. General Orabi's forces however, fail to take advanage of these openings, keeping to their current lines rather than surging forward when the opportunities present themself.

As they prepare to depart they see a large gathering in front of the temple to Ra at the end of the street. Rather than a religious affair, it looks more political in nature given the number of people carrying and waving firearms. A large bearded man is standing atop the temple steps and several people start to chant "Abdullah". Alsoomse says, "Let's switch to Plan B and all stay together, I think we've found our fanatic."
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Curious View Post
    "Squaw sound ready", Cetan says without the hand gestures. He turns and heads for the fields to see what can be seen.
    "Let's go round the crowd as we head out. I want to hear what some of this crowd are saying. If Sardou did his job too well they could be an issue for us. Plus, they may be able to lead us to the Royal flocks." She drank one dose of the potion Alsoomse had given them so she could understand the language.

Abby set off, leading the others and trying not to be ridiculously annoyed by the word Squaw.
    Opportunity is usually missed because it shows up in overalls looking like work. -- Mike Rowe

Province
    New Hampshire
    Oratio

Ignore User
    "Let's go round the crowd as we head out. I want to hear what some of this crowd are saying. If Sardou did his job too well they could be an issue for us. Plus, they may be able to lead us to the Royal flocks." She drank one dose of the potion Alsoomse had given them so she could understand the language.
    As they near they see that the crowd of Egyptians represent a large cross-culture, as every age, gender and social class seem to be represented. Abdullah's name is chanted several times until he calms them and exclaims, "King Takeleth VI has failed us, he has brought foreigners into our land to fight our brothers. The great General Ahmed Orabi seeks nothing but peace, having wed the King's favored daughter Neferka to that end. That should have been enough for most, but not this despot, as he now fights a blood relative! Is this the way true Egyptians would act? I say thee nay! Brothers, sisters, kinsmen, spread the word. We gather here tomorrow at dawn and march to Cairo!"
    Last edited by SilverMoon; February 11th, 2011 at 10:29 AM.

Fish sticks close to Alsoomse, watching the crowd to see if anyone seems to be paying special attention to them, and takes note of anyone taking special note of the big centaur's progress to the northwest.

As they near they see that the crowd of Egyptians represent a large cross-culture, as every age, gender and social class seem to be represented. Abdullah's name is chanted several times until he calms them and exclaims, "King Takeleth VI has failed us, he has brought foreigners into our land to fight our brothers. The great General Ahmed Orabi seeks nothing but peace, having wed the King's favored daughter Neferka to that end. That should have been enough for most, but not this despot, as he now fights a blood relative! Is this the way true Egyptians would act? I say thee nay! Brothers, sisters, kinsmen, spread the word. We gather here tomorrow at dawn and march to Cairo!"
    "Dawn tomorrow," Abby said quietly to the others. "They're marching to Cairo. Bernhardt would be heading there before the mob. Let's get a look out at those fields then have a look around Heliopolis. I wish we had one of those airships."