Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Province
    Brooklyn, NY
    Oratio

Ignore User
    They didn't air enough episodes for a first season anyway. Coupling with Thundercats though? I Approve.

Swift Zombie! COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Alenda's Avatar
    Province
    South Carolina
    Oratio

Ignore User
    This is one of my favorite shows on TV right now. I love that they added Zatana and Captain Marvel as semi-recurring characters. They rock!
    "Amber is about to Detect Magic on your butt" - Hypersmurf

"Alenda is far more evil than me. She's 87% evil, and I'm only 63.5% evil." -- Goblin Girl

"Your evil is so... charming..." -- barsoomcore

I thought that the Halloween episode was just awesome. Loved every second of it. I've pretty much enjoyed all of them, except for the training episode gone wrong a couple of weeks ago.

Not the title you're looking for. COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Advocatus Diaboli's Avatar
    Province
    San Antonio, TX
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by BrutusMaximus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    Coupling with Thundercats though? I Approve.
    So you're into bestiality, then? or just furries cosplay?
    Fiat justitia ruat coelum.

Quote Originally Posted by Advocatus Diaboli View Post
    Why does that have to be mutually exclusive?
    "Canada is the Designated Driver of North America. The U.S. runs around excitedly blowing things up, while we follow behind with the car keys, shaking our heads." - John Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Qualidar View Post
    I thought that the Halloween episode was just awesome. Loved every second of it. I've pretty much enjoyed all of them, except for the training episode gone wrong a couple of weeks ago.
    That was about the only one I didn't like simply because we've seen that sort of thin before, until this last episode where we see the consequences and aftermath of that episode played out in the therapy sessions with Black Canary.

Best of the current crop of superhero shows, by far.

I'd love a new Justice League series by the same crew.
    'I wish you all had one neck and that I had my hands on it.'

The definition of Furry to me is "someone who likes Daisy Duck more than Daisy Duke".

Swift Zombie! COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Alenda's Avatar
    Province
    South Carolina
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualidar View Post
    Was it me or was the Halloween ep. played out of sequence? It seemed really weird for Aqualad and Robin to be talking about "The Traitor" when that storyline hadn't been addressed for several episodes. Also, the team seemed surprised that Super Boy and Miss Martian were an item, but in a recent past episode, the team had been talking about it like it was common knowledge. It just felt like that episode should have aired earlier (like on Halloween, for instance )

Quote Originally Posted by Vermicious Knid View Post
    Best of the current crop of superhero shows, by far.
    Absolutely!! Besides the great story lines and fun characters, one of my favorite aspects of the show is that every week it proves Rel even more wrong. He once told me that Aqualad was the most useless superhero of all. Can you imagine?
    "Amber is about to Detect Magic on your butt" - Hypersmurf

"Alenda is far more evil than me. She's 87% evil, and I'm only 63.5% evil." -- Goblin Girl

"Your evil is so... charming..." -- barsoomcore

Quote Originally Posted by WayneLigon View Post
    That was about the only one I didn't like simply because we've seen that sort of thin before, until this last episode where we see the consequences and aftermath of that episode played out in the therapy sessions with Black Canary.
    The problem with the whole training episode is that as a viewer I know that you killing off the entire JLA in the first 2 minutes is either fake or going to be reset at the end of the episode, so the entire episode becomes an exercise in "what if".

Although I also loved the therapy follow up.

Not the title you're looking for. COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Advocatus Diaboli's Avatar
    Province
    San Antonio, TX
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Klaus View Post
    The definition of Furry to me is "someone who likes Daisy Duck more than Daisy Duke".
    Catherine Bach or Jessica Simpson as Daisy Duke? It could make a difference.

Province
    San Antonio, TX
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenda View Post
    He once told me that Aqualad was the most useless superhero of all. Can you imagine?
    Easily. Kaldur talks funny, looks funny* and doesn't have a lot going for him except the water manipulation powers he got from incomplete sorcery training. I mean "form of...water whips?" Wonder Twin Zan managed as much. The leadership ability is tacked on, and if they didn't want to put Robin in that role could have applied it to some other character besides Blaqualad. Granted this would have required a different team makeup, since Connor and Wally are tempermentally unsuited to the role, while Artemis and M'gann lack the necessary experience.

*No particular reason for Atlanteans to have lots of sun-retardant melanin, and while I'm all for racial and cultural diversity in superhero teams, I don't favor pushing PC for its own sake.

EDIT: Oh, and it was fun seeing Marvin and Wendy in the Halloween episode, plus seeing M'gann impersonating Warner Bros' Marvin the Martian in the punking of Marvin.

Catherine Bach or Jessica Simpson as Daisy Duke? It could make a difference.

Easily. Kaldur talks funny, looks funny* and doesn't have a lot going for him except the water manipulation powers he got from incomplete sorcery training. I mean "form of...water whips?" Wonder Twin Zan managed as much. The leadership ability is tacked on, and if they didn't want to put Robin in that role could have applied it to some other character besides Blaqualad. Granted this would have required a different team makeup, since Connor and Wally are tempermentally unsuited to the role, while Artemis and M'gann lack the necessary experience.

*No particular reason for Atlanteans to have lots of sun-retardant melanin, and while I'm all for racial and cultural diversity in superhero teams, I don't favor pushing PC for its own sake.

EDIT: Oh, and it was fun seeing Marvin and Wendy in the Halloween episode, plus seeing M'gann impersonating Warner Bros' Marvin the Martian in the punking of Marvin.
    Wow. YJ's Aqualad is, to me, the best take on the character! He talks gravely, looks awesome, has very flexible water manipulation and electricity channeling, is about as strong and invulnerable as Superboy.

Man, I have to start watching YJ again!

The Halloween episode was written by Peter David. Another reason why the episode was so awesome. It was cool to see Secret on the show.

Peter David is writing another episode this season, should air in a week or two.
    An articulate soul trapped in inarticulate shell

All Your Swords
    A Modeling/Painting Project Blog