Thread: reveal's Daily Trivia 2.22.19

reveal's Daily Trivia 2.22.19

Weekend edition!

1) What baseball Hall of Famer was allergic to a candy bar named in his honor? Answered

Ken Griffey Jr. The Ken Griffey Jr. bar was created in 1989 and produced for a limited time. Unfortunately, Griffey is allergic to chocolate (along with grass and peanuts).

2) What does the anatomical term vomer refer to? Answered

A bone that separates the left and right sides of the nasal cavity. It’s one of the bones that define facial features – so next time you want to compliment someone’s face, remember to praise their vomer.

3) What is the capital of Nepal? Answered

Kathmandu. The name refers to a wooden temple, deriving from kath (wooden) and mandir (temple).
    Last edited by reveal; February 22nd, 2019 at 07:03 PM.
    If you participate in my Daily Trivia thread, do not look for the answer elsewhere and post it.

Workman Publishing Company
    225 Varick Street
    New York, NY 10014-4381
    212-254-5900 (phone)
    212-254-8098 (fax)
    info@workman.com

1. Babe Ruth?
    2. the nasal/sinus area
    3. Katmandu

Dark the stars and dark the moon
    Hush the night and the morning loon
    Tell the horses and beat on your drum
    Gone their master, gone their son.

Dark the oceans, dark the sky
    Hush the whales and the ocean tide
    Tell the salt marsh and beat on your drum

Quote Originally Posted by Palaralae View Post
    3. Katmandu
    Correct!

Kathmandu. The name refers to a wooden temple, deriving from kath (wooden) and mandir (temple).
    If you participate in my Daily Trivia thread, do not look for the answer elsewhere and post it.

225 Varick Street
    New York, NY 10014-4381
    212-254-5900 (phone)
    212-254-8098 (fax)
    info@workman.com

I can't believe it's an admin COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Bront's Avatar
    Province
    Aurora, IL
    Oratio

Ignore User
    1 the Baby Ruth bar was named after Ruth who was born around the time. There was talk about a Mauer bar, but he's not HOF yet. I hope they don't say o'Henry

2 the tail bone

Province
    The Flow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    1 - Lot of baseball players have had candy bars named after them, only one has ever gotten famous (Baby Ruth)... but only Ken Griffey Jr got swole up after eating his.

Fun fact... if you suffer an allergic reaction* to a chocolate bar you aren't allergic to chocolate. You're allergic to cockroaches.

* Anaphylaxis, swelling, hives, throat swells shut, etc. Not intestinal discomfort, gas, diarrhea, etc. The later are food allergies to dairy, but oils, etc. It is possible to be allergic to chocolate, but it's so infinitesimally rare it's not even recorded in medical literature. A buddy of mine is actually allergic to cocoa, it just makes him shut down, all over body pain, intestinal distress, inability to think or function.
    I can delete you, one click and you're overwritten.

Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    1 - Lot of baseball players have had candy bars named after them, only one has ever gotten famous (Baby Ruth)... but only Ken Griffey Jr got swole up after eating his.
    Correct!

1) Ken Griffey Jr. The Ken Griffey Jr. bar was created in 1989 and produced for a limited time. Unfortunately, Griffey is allergic to chocolate (along with grass and peanuts).

225 Varick Street
    New York, NY 10014-4381
    212-254-5900 (phone)
    212-254-8098 (fax)
    info@workman.com

Quote Originally Posted by Palaralae View Post
    2. the nasal/sinus area
    Close enough!

2) A bone that separates the left and right sides of the nasal cavity. It’s one of the bones that define facial features – so next time you want to compliment someone’s face, remember to praise their vomer.

225 Varick Street
    New York, NY 10014-4381
    212-254-5900 (phone)
    212-254-8098 (fax)
    info@workman.com

Quote Originally Posted by reveal View Post
    Correct!

. o O (Thank you, Bob Seger.)

Dark the stars and dark the moon
    Hush the night and the morning loon
    Tell the horses and beat on your drum

Dark the oceans, dark the sky
    Hush the whales and the ocean tide
    Tell the salt marsh and beat on your drum