Thread: Moocide Appreciation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Schpööny View Post
    If you want to stay pissed off forever that's your prerogative.
    You're right, it is, what's more you knew that - so quit acting mystified when people legitimately make that choice.

I'm not saying I'm still pissed over it but I sure as fuck understand those who are.
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I believe the hammer locking back is PWD's trigger warning.

Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio

Ignore User
    What I am looking for is for you all to get this crap out in the open where it might be able to be resolve.
    What resolution?

You fucked up. You will never be trusted by certian people ever again. SOme will dislike you, some won't care, some will forgive you.

But in the end it's you that needs to to either change or just accept that you are who you are.

Nursing old grudges is not healthy for anyone.
    Old? This ain't like people still upset about ArtyQ's nonsense back at NKL. Shit, this ain't but a few years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Vermicious Knid View Post
    ...and that is a mental image for the ages.
    Please do not take it as a new avatar challenge.
    I wouldn't even censor you.

Please do not take it as a new avatar challenge.

...now I just need someone to shoop the mug of Morrus on there and we are good to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    Fine, I'll say it because it's obvious -- VK is 100% right

Province
    Knoxville TN
    Oratio

Ignore User
    What resolution?

You fucked up. You will never be trusted by certain people ever again. Some will dislike you, some won't care, some will forgive you.

But in the end it's you that needs to to either change or just accept that you are who you are.
    All true. There are certain things I will never do again as a result of what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Vermicious Knid View Post

"Piss Christ" is/was a rather extraordinary piece of art, and I say that as a devout Christian. I'm saddened that French Catholics destroyed it (or rather, destroyed one of its installations?).

Fuck, even art critic Sister Wendy grokked its significance.

link

What I am looking for is for you all to get this crap out in the open where it might be able to be resolve. Nursing old grudges is not healthy for anyone.

Jeebus, Spoony! Do you not understand that Circvs is simply not the venue for you to work through your own personal demons? That it's not your place to "get all this crap in the open" so that "we" can resolve it? That (almost?) nobody here cares if you think your self-flagellation is appropriate penance for your mistakes?

Fuck, but you can be dense.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Halo View Post
    Do you not understand that Circvs is simply not the venue for you to work through your own personal demons? ... That (almost?) nobody here cares if you think your self-flagellation is appropriate penance for your mistakes?

Fuck, but you can be dense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janos one page ago View Post
    Spoony has pulled his burnout schtick half a dozen times. Each time he was welcomed back with some degree of amnesty. And each time in the past, he's faltered, returned to old behavior, and departed again with an emotional flameout and bridge-burning.
    Nareau: "You're more horrible than anything in Cthulhu!"

Quote Originally Posted by Janos View Post
    Janos, sayin' it right one page ago since '98 (tm)

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    All else being equal, Moocide's shenanigans never cost any of us anything. Don't devalue the personal touch Spoony's fuckups provided.
    Fine, toss Spoony. Why the fuck are people welcoming back a convicted felon? Convicted of identity theft, I might add. Perhaps they never read the rest of this thread?

I point out we're being nice to a known liar because he says he changed in jail, and we only got that because he got busted trying to slip in under an alias, and all you have is some random defense of why Spoony is worse? This isn't a 'one or the other' argument, it's a 'why the fuck are you people doing this incredibly stupid thing?' 'Cide doesn't hang with any of us, he's random people bits that happen to belong to a convicted felon and general douchebag, but because he didn't cause his mayhem (of a much higher calibre) in your electronic back-yard, it doesn't matter?

I really can't believe I'm even having to make this argument.

EDIT: And I see I'm now off-topic because Spoony has, yet again, Spoony'd the thread. Bravo.
    Last edited by Ovinomancer; October 10th, 2012 at 12:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    I think ovi's right.

Province
    The palace of WTF!
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Saying "We're not going to ban people" then less than seven days later instutiing a "pre-banned" list is hypocrisy.

Saying "We're not going to ban people unless they are totally asshats" and then prebanning is a different story.
    None of that is true but you welcome to the revisionist history.

Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio

Ignore User
    'Cide doesn't hang with any of us, he's random people bits that happen to belong to a convicted felon and general douchebag, but because he didn't cause his mayhem (of a much higher calibre) in your electronic back-yard, it doesn't matter?
    M-o-n-k-e-y-s-h-e-r-e.

Moosey has never threatened anything I care about.

However, note: I'm not "welcoming him back with open arms", I just don't care that he's returned and people are giving him a "second chance".

Also note, I'm actually a bit my excited that Spoony is back and already up to his old shenanigans. But I love watching other people drama-meltdown.

EDIT: And I see I'm now off-topic because Spoony has, yet again, Spoony'd the thread. Bravo.

Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    None of that is true but you welcome to the revisionist history.

It's how I remembered it. No, I'm not going to bother going back and trying to see exactly where my recollections went astray (I did consider it earlier though).

Fine, toss Spoony. Why the fuck are people welcoming back a convicted felon? Convicted of identity theft, I might add. Perhaps they never read the rest of this thread?

I point out we're being nice to a known liar because he says he changed in jail, and we only got that because he got busted trying to slip in under an alias, and all you have is some random defense of why Spoony is worse? This isn't a 'one or the other' argument, it's a 'why the fuck are you people doing this incredibly stupid thing?' 'Cide doesn't hang with any of us, he's random people bits that happen to belong to a convicted felon and general douchebag, but because he didn't cause his mayhem (of a much higher calibre) in your electronic back-yard, it doesn't matter?

I really can't believe I'm even having to make this argument.
    He's done what he's done and he's done his time for it. Are we writing off everyone who did time now, is that what you're proposing? Jdrakeh was a drug sponge and here I just gave him money to eat, but then he seems to have his life more or less in control. Am I wrong there? I'm sure Mistwell is a tax cheat and a sweatshop operator, but he gets to post. If EF/HH ever showed his face I'm sure he'd get ridden out of town on a rail, due not only to what he did but the personal way that was felt here. There's the data point for you on the far end well beyond Spoony's relative acceptance.

What Moocide did never affected any of us other than to entertain us by the simultaneous creativity and cluelessness and he's at least seeming to want to make a new start same as Spoony is. I'm as willing to give him a wait-and-see pass as I was with Spoony, until he acts up as Spoony is showing signs of doing. You're unaware of the larger history behind both of these people I realize, but it's not a non-issue because of that. History matters.

I don't think he's some kind of wunderkind or he's got a clean moral slate just because he served time and came back but then again I don't have any particular beef with him anyhow. He acts up he'll get treated like an idiot again. He mentions any new scams we'll gleefully turn him in to the authorities. Until then he's no more repugnant than the 3cats and Mistwells in the crowd.

Maybe you're mistaking the lack of direct attack as acceptance of his misdeeds? Maybe you're misreading it as an indication you should do anything other than make your own decision on the matter? Shit no, make up your own mind with your own criteria and do what you think is right.

You're the one brought in why the one or the other. Asked and answered for what it's worth. Now you go out and treat him however you like.

Province
    The palace of WTF!
    Oratio

Ignore User

It's how I remembered it. No, I'm not going to bother going back and trying to see exactly where my recollections went astray (I did consider it earlier though).
    Considering I was there from inception to execution I'll just say there are plenty of reasons not to like a certain place. PWD already gave you enough bodyshots on why you were wrong about stated reasons concerning AoR.

Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    Considering I was there from inception to execution I'll just say there are plenty of reasons not to like a certain place.
    Yup, and you and I argued a few times there (I think twice) before I said "Fuck this place".

PWD already gave you enough bodyshots on why you were wrong about stated reasons concerning AoR.
    Oh you hugglers and your overblowing of good natured exchanges. That was us just arguing over definitions. He's still wrong of course, but that's cool with me.

• Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast