Thread: Moocide Appreciation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    All else being equal, Moocide's shenanigans never cost any of us anything. Don't devalue the personal touch Spoony's fuckups provided.
    This.

Also, getting worked up about a guy being stupid in his early 20's seems a touch silly. He didn't rape or murder anybody...he just tried to be James Bond and ended up as Maxwell Smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    Fine, I'll say it because it's obvious -- VK is 100% right

Province
    Knoxville TN
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Exactly what did I cost the forum exactly? I caused some headaches sure, but I didn't do any monetary damage. To the contrary, after Twin Rose completely fubared the database at EN World I restored it from a backup I had made.

First Day On The Internet Calamari Face's Avatar
    Province
    Band of Workermootly Kithish Commonwealths
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Vermicious Knid View Post
    Also, getting worked up about a guy being stupid in his early 20's seems a touch silly. He didn't rape or murder anybody...he just tried to be James Bond and ended up as Maxwell Smart.
    Shit, that sounds pretty appealing if you end up with a Barbara Feldonesque hottie as part of the bargain.

I don't think CF and I agree on much at all, and probably not this. -- Ovinomancer, The Senate, 28 June 2011

I find myself in full agreement with CF. -- Ovinomancer, The Senate, 1 July 2011

Larry Sanders 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by Schpööny View Post
    Exactly what did I cost the forum exactly? I caused some headaches sure, but I didn't do any monetary damage. To the contrary, after Twin Rose completely fubared the database at EN World I restored it from a backup I had made.
    Please observe the red warning light blinking on the console.

You are about to be trolled into a conversation you do not need to have. You have been doing very well, don't blow it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Vermicious Knid View Post
    Please observe the red warning light blinking on the console. You are about to be trolled into a conversation you do not need to have. You have been doing very well, don't blow it now.

huggler!

Existential threats are seldom tolerated. Less so when based in plausible capability to execute. Even less than that when couched in a historically unstable and impulse-driven persona.

You had the means, the motive, and the will to carry through and that's not lightly forgotten.
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    I believe the hammer locking back is PWD's trigger warning.

Province
    The Flow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    What hypocrisy?
    Saying "We're not going to ban people" then less than seven days later instutiing a "pre-banned" list is hypocrisy.

Saying "We're not going to ban people unless they are totally asshats" and then prebanning is a different story.

But really that was only the first "strike" for me.
    I can delete you, one click and you're overwritten.

Saying "We're not going to ban people" then less than seven days later instutiing a "pre-banned" list is hypocrisy.

Saying "We're not going to ban people unless they are totally asshats" and then prebanning is a different story.

But really that was only the first "strike" for me.
    Hey I could give less of a shit whether you liked the place or why, but that's not hypocrisy.

Province
    Knoxville TN
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Existential threats are seldom tolerated. Less so when based in plausible capability to execute. Even less than that when couched in a historically unstable and impulse-driven persona.

You had the means, the motive, and the will to carry through and that's not lightly forgotten.
    All but the last part about will is true. I didn't have the will to carry through any more than Russ when you all pissed him off apparently.

Now answer my question - what did I cost the forum?

Province
    The Flow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    You pissed all over the owner, added to his stress, and were probably a precusor to his saying "Fuck all you fucks" and almost closing the place down.

This directly lead to several people leaving and not returning. Thus your antics cost this place posters, two of whom I miss talking to.

So man the fuck up and stop trying to excuse yourself.
    I can delete you, one click and you're overwritten.

All but the last part about will is true. I didn't have the will to carry through any more than Russ when you all pissed him off apparently.

nail bunny's doing a good enough job of that.

What you gotta get through your head is it's less about what you may have actually cost the forum and more about what you tried to, and could have cost the forum.

What'd Moosoid do? He talked stupid, he entertained us, and he hurt some random people out there none of us know. That ain't right, but it's sure as fuck a lot less personal.

Province
    Knoxville TN
    Oratio

Ignore User
    You pissed all over the owner, added to his stress, and were probably a precusor to his saying "Fuck all you fucks" and almost closing the place down.

This directly lead to several people leaving and not returning. Thus your antics cost this place posters, two of whom I miss talking to.
    Thank you.

So man the fuck up and stop trying to excuse yourself.
    I'm not looking to excuse myself. There is no excuse.

What I am looking for is for you all to get this crap out in the open where it might be able to be resolve. Nursing old grudges is not healthy for anyone.

What I am looking for is for you all to get this crap out in the open where it might be able to be resolve. Nursing old grudges is not healthy for anyone.
    We're gonna take mental health advice from you now?

Province
    Knoxville TN
    Oratio

Ignore User
    We're gonna take mental health advice from you now?
    If you want to stay pissed off forever that's your prerogative. My question's been answered, so I'm done here.

You pissed all over the owner

...and that is a mental image for the ages.

• Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast