Thread: Moocide Appreciation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    And can someone please help me on why we, as a collective, seem to have had great reluctance to reallow Spoony back onboard (and he's just one example), but we're all 'hey, man, welcome back' to the asshole felon? Did everyone suddenly have collective amnesia about this guy? Identify theft, delusions of grandeur, plans to attack military installations? Any of this ring a bell?

What the fuck, over? FELON. Goes to jail. We mock him for being stupid and are happy the asshole got locked up, and when he tries to sneak back on-site and get busted he just puts up a 'hey, jail was great for me, I'm, like, all nice and shit now!' and most of the posters in this thread fall over themselves to pat him on the back and welcome him aboard. We give Spoony the third degree, because he, what?, fucked up and abused admin priviledges? This guy stole, got caught, lied, and stole again.

Jesus fuck. I give up. Fuck you, Moocide, I, for one, do not welcome your felon, lying, scheming ass back abord. But, hey, good news, I'm not here very often lately, so it's all good.
    Frankly that's the reaction I was expecting, which is why I came back under a different name. I'm pleasantly surprised by the preponderance of well-wishes.
    Signatures are for losers.

Province
    The Flow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Thyme View Post
    Frankly that's the reaction I was expecting, which is why I came back under a different name. I'm pleasantly surprised by the preponderance of well-wishes.
    Your villainy fell outside CM's monkey-sphere.
    I can delete you, one click and you're overwritten.

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    Your villainy fell outside CM's monkey-sphere.
    This is not a compliment.
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I think ovi's right.

Another key difference is number of infractions.

Spoony has pulled his burnout schtick half a dozen times. Each time he was welcomed back with some degree of amnesty. And each time in the past, he's faltered, returned to old behavior, and departed again with an emotional flameout and bridge-burning.

Moocide didn't flameout/burnout, this is his first return, and so far he's shown signs of growth and rehabilitation (or a clever facsimilie).
    Last edited by Janos; October 9th, 2012 at 04:29 PM.
    Nareau: "You're more horrible than anything in Cthulhu!"

Province
    In the snow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by jdrakeh View Post
    I have no desire to re-join AoR.
    Why is that, if you don't mind my asking?
    Spoiler Alert!

Province
    The Flow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by the Jester View Post
    Not speaking for jdrakeh, but I didn't like Rodi and fett's "hands on" moderation style or the "we're going to ban a bunch of folks before they can even show up" policy.

"we're going to ban a bunch of folks before they can even show up" policy.
    This was unarguably an unalloyed good thing.
    I believe the hammer locking back is PWD's trigger warning.

Province
    Knoxville TN
    Oratio

Ignore User
    If the place now only sees 4 posts / day then I would counter that it is indeed arguable.

Quote Originally Posted by Schpööny View Post
    If the place now only sees 4 posts / day then I would counter that it is indeed arguable.
    Only an idiot values quantity over quality, and the people who were pre-banned would've brought nothing but their usual stupidity.

Province
    Knoxville TN
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Only an idiot values quantity over quality, and the people who were pre-banned would've brought nothing but their usual stupidity.
    "Quantity has a certain quality all its own." - Joseph Stalin.

Aside from the quote that came roaring into my head, you need both. Too little quality or too few posts can kill a forum. A forum with 4 posts a day is on life support - trimming that further really isn't an option.

However, if the post count really is that low then its just a case of the admins not caring. 2 admins should be able to create 20 posts / day between them - you just have to have the time and energy to do that.

I think we all remember your 20 posts a day when you were an admin.

Province
    The Flow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    I admit that my argument against it wasn't so much whom was being banned, only that there'd be a "we're not going to ban people, except these people here on this list don't get to come in the door" policy.

It was the hypocrisy that twigged me.

Province
    Knoxville TN
    Oratio

Ignore User
    I think we all remember your 20 posts a day when you were an admin.

I admit that my argument against it wasn't so much whom was being banned, only that there'd be a "we're not going to ban people, except these people here on this list don't get to come in the door" policy.

It was the hypocrisy that twigged me.
    What hypocrisy? People who are notorious for stepping on their own dicks don't need to be offered a chance to do so every time someone sets up a new tent to invite the friends over. Do we seriously need to be offering Torm a new chance every fucking time someone sets up a place?

Fuck 'em, they made their repeated (in some case ludicously repeated) errors and wore out their welcome.

"we don't ban for the usual jacktardery" is more the sentiment of the place than "we don't ban ever for any reason", and as owners it's their right to exclude anyone from the laxness of that policy as they wish.

Province
    Colorado Springs
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by the Jester View Post
    It was founded with noble intentions, but after it became apparent that Circvs was staying open, I got the impression that people who were ditching Circvs to post exclusively on AoR were doing so to spite Morrus. Which seemed excessively shitty to me.
    If you're going to be an asshole, commit. Don't piss on me and tell me that it's raining.

• Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast