Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Moocide Appreciation Thread

Province
    Your Mom
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyxox View Post
    I'm trying to figure out which one of the idiot newbies is his alt.
    Moocide has never really been one to display any persona other than his own on the boards. By his own admission, the finer points of interaction elude him, so it'd be unlikely that he could pull off an alt so far removed from his typical posting style.
    Personal choice, baby. Keep the government out of my body, my bedroom, my soul and my mind. - JoeBlank

My brother's baseball blog: http://brettkiser.wordpress.com/

The Dragon Ranges a fantasy western setting using Savage Worlds.

Worlds Galore is my gaming and geekery blog.

ARMY BUILDER

Province
    Colorado Springs
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by kanegrindar View Post
    Moocide has never really been one to display any persona other than his own on the boards. By his own admission, the finer points of interaction elude him, so it'd be unlikely that he could pull off an alt so far removed from his typical posting style.
    So... look for the newbie who is asking for advice on how to commit felony fraud?
    If you're going to be an asshole, commit. Don't piss on me and tell me that it's raining.

Quote Originally Posted by jdrakeh View Post
    So... look for the newbie who is asking for advice on how to commit felony fraud?
    And who can ask in grammatically correct sentences!

I can't believe it's an admin COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Bront's Avatar
    Province
    Aurora, IL
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Someone should setup a vbookie event for this

The ENNIE Award Winning... kiznit's Avatar
    Province
    Xanadu
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Or here's a thought: not give him the pleasure of the attention.

Province
    Beverly, MA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by kiznit View Post
    Or here's a thought: chocolate...mmmm

Meh, these things are like funerals: you don't do them for the subject, you do them for everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Nareau View Post
    Meh, these things are like funerals: you don't do them for the subject, you do them for everyone else.
    ?

Also, WTF? You started this fucking thread!
    More to the point, this is to appreciate the fact that he's been gone since June.

The ENNIE Award Winning... kiznit's Avatar
    Province
    Xanadu
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Nareau View Post
    Also, WTF? You started this fucking thread!

Province
    Stoned Mtn, GA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    only the shadow knows
    FWIW, I'm on the design team and I pretty much find WoW as fun and interesting as banging my head against a brick wall.-- Mike Mearls

I mean, I never GET any but that would be preferable. --Rel

Province
    In my House, at the shooting range or at school
    Oratio

Ignore User
    I am sad that I missed his time here and look forward to his return/return to prison
    It's on the sign-up page or in your profile or something like that. Click around, you'll run into it.

Quote Originally Posted by guyjin View Post
    Hey guys? If I'm reading this right, he's out.
    I don't think he is. Not sure what that page said when you linked to it, but today it says:

Also, I came across this nice summary I hadn't seen before:
    http://nc.findacase.com/research/wfr...142.MNC.htm/qx
    Spoiler:
    August 10, 2009

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
    v.
    BRENDAN CANNELL
    The opinion of the court was delivered by: N. Carlton Tilley, Jr. Senior United States District Judge

ORDER ADOPTING MAGISTRATE JUDGE'S ORDER OF DETENTION

Brendan Cannell has filed an appeal [Doc. 12] of Magistrate Judge Dixon's finding and order that he should be detained pending trial based upon his being a danger to the community and based upon his being a flight risk. Having reviewed the evidence presented at the detention hearing and the brief submitted by counsel for Mr. Cannell, it is determined that clear and convincing evidence supports a finding both of dangerousness and risk of flight such that no set of circumstances or conditions short of incarceration could be fashioned that would either protect the community or assure Mr. Cannell's attendance in court. Judge Dixon's order of detention is, hereby, ADOPTED.

On April 6, 2008 Mr. Cannell was interviewed and admitted having cased out the Carrboro Department of Motor Vehicle's Office by using a telephoto lens to photograph the keys used by employees to gain entrance at the back of the office. He then manufactured a key, entered the office and placed key logger devices upon the examiners' computers to obtain personal information about persons obtaining North Carolina drivers' licenses at that location. He re-entered at a later time to remove the devices and used the personal information to apply for credit cards, open postal boxes and order merchandise in the names of persons whose identity he had abstracted.

Ten days later, on April 16, 2009, Mr. Cannell was arrested when it was discovered that he was filming the back entrance of the Durham DMV Office. Mr. Cannell asserted that he "couldn't stop" himself and stated that there would be additional evidence at his parents' home. Upon searching his parents' home, officers found booklets addressing the picking of locks and the manufacture of the explosive C-4 as well as coordinates for military installations. Also found were blank keys and credit cards and licenses in the names of persons who had obtained licenses at the Carrboro DMV. Another document showed the addresses of several other DMV offices with key profiles next to four of them. A search of his computer revealed a speadsheet containing personal information from key loggers about more than one hundred people who had applied for licenses at the Carrboro Office. There was evidence he had used others' personal information to order additional key loggers and a Micro Tech knife, a high end tactical weapon. There was evidence that he was researching types of tactical firearm ammunition.

There was also a letter on his computer (Government's Exhibit 1) describing his "Approximate Life Plan" which included acquiring the identity of others, obtaining weaponry, bypassing locks, forging documents, gaining access to "restricted weapons", training in combat, and recruiting a team to rob banks and armored cars. He ends the letter by stating: "Finally, I want to take the money and skills I've acquired and leave. I don't know exactly where I will go, but I expect that I will be gone a long time."

This evidence supports the finding by clear and convincing evidence that Mr. Cannell is acting out upon his expressed "Approximate Life Plan", and is, thereby, a danger to the community and a risk of flight such that no combination of conditions can reasonably assure his future presence in court.

The Defendant, through counsel, presented evidence of neurological and emotional problems. While those difficulties might do much to explain the origin of his choices, they do not lessen concern over his determination to follow the goals chosen or to remain in this area and follow the orders of the Court.

The findings and order of the United States Magistrate Judge are ADOPTED.

And finally, here's his sentencing document. Looks like he's in for 40 months and $10k in damages back to the credit card companies. Not sure how he's getting out on 12-11-2012, as he wasn't even arrested the first time until July 2010.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Nice. Someone needs to tell him life is not a roleplaying game. Or alternatively, that he's setting himself up as one of the mooks. As for the 40 months - maybe theyr'e doing the half time off for good behavior? Although good behavior really seems like a stretch to me.
    We've always been at war with Eastasia.
    If other people's pain didn't amuse me, I wouldn't be a GM. -barsoomcore

Province
    Colorado Springs
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    As for the 40 months - maybe theyr'e doing the half time off for good behavior? Although good behavior really seems like a stretch to me.
    More likely it's an overcrowding issue. Colorado has a similar problem, resulting in the release of non-violent offenders much earlier than the full term of their sentence.
    If you're going to be an asshole, commit. Don't piss on me and tell me that it's raining.

• Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast