Thread: Random Entertainment Thoughts

Province
    US
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Advocatus Diaboli View Post
    Say what, now?
    Incel is a class of horrible human being. They're "involuntarily celibate". They hate Captain Marvel because it's a girl super hero.

Province
    The Flow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldorian View Post
    They hate Captain Marvel because it's a girl super hero.
    Or... maybe as evidenced by the Joe Rogan show, most normies don't give a shit about Captain Marvel and have no idea who the character is and don't care?

And those of us who do know, don't care because the character has always been third rate in the comics?

I was actually going to go see it, I always liked Carol Danvers in the comics... and then the actress and the producer started preemptively complaining about how misogynists didn't want to see the movie and were going to boycott it. The last four times time I heard that nonsense the movie turned out pretty terrible, so I now expect their just priming the "Our movie doesn't suck, you're all just misogynist incels!" excuse.
    Last edited by nail bunny; February 27th, 2019 at 04:46 AM.
    I can delete you, one click and you're overwritten.

Province
    US
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    Or... maybe as evidenced by the Joe Rogan show, most normies don't give a shit about Captain Marvel and have no idea who the character is and don't care?

I mean, I'd accept that reasoning... If the "want to see" % was anything like normal. It was in the 20s. That's like 60% lower than Ant-Man. I just refuse to believe ANY Marvel movie would have a lower than 90% "want to see" coming after Infinity War, if it wasn't for brigading the website with negative bullshit.

And the actress and producer didn't preemptively do shit. Incels started complaining about this movie as soon as it was announced. Black Panther put up with the same shit, only from racists instead of misogynists, and it's comments sections had to be locked.

But I'd understand if you don't accept this. You're basically half-incel =P

Or... most normies don't give a shit about Captain Marvel and have no idea who the character is and don't care?
    I don't know your usage/context of 'normies', but until I saw the trailer, I had no idea who Captain Marvel was, but I'm going to go see it.

Can't be worse than Aquaman​, right?

Dark the stars and dark the moon
    Hush the night and the morning loon
    Tell the horses and beat on your drum
    Gone their master, gone their son.

Dark the oceans, dark the sky
    Hush the whales and the ocean tide
    Tell the salt marsh and beat on your drum

Province
    The land between two rivers
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Attention trekkies:

Province
    The Flow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Palaralae View Post
    I don't know your usage/context of 'normies'...
    Anyone not in a fringe group is a 'normie' to that fringe group. But in 'internet nerd' parlance a normie is someone not immersed in meme/chan culture (which is where the phrase originated, but it's migrated linguistically since).

Can't be worse than Aquaman​, right?
    Sure it can. But I've been told Aquaman is the second best DC hero movie? (I know low bar)

Province
    To the left of reality. Behind reason. Right next to the backside of beyond.
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Incel is a class of horrible human being. They're "involuntarily celibate". They hate Captain Marvel because it's a girl super hero.
    So more or less, they hate women because women won't date them. How dare they.
    Last edited by kirinke; February 28th, 2019 at 12:07 AM.
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

Anyone not in a fringe group is a 'normie' to that fringe group. But in 'internet nerd' parlance a normie is someone not immersed in meme/chan culture (which is where the phrase originated, but it's migrated linguistically since).
    Yeah, I guess I should clarify that I wasn't sure if you were talking about specifically "comic book nerds" or "nerdy fandom types" overall in respect to "normie". Hell, I'm guessing that most SCAdians are pretty much immediately excluded from being a "normie", though as Ygritte wisely said, it all depends on where you're standin', I reckon.

Sure it can. But I've been told Aquaman is the second best DC hero movie? (I know low bar)
    No Hollywood-level wig could ever possibly be worse than Mira's was. I refuse to believe any possibility otherwise. Ugh.

So, the question begs to be answered...what, then, is considered to be the best DC hero movie? Wonder Woman? That's got my immediate, hands-down vote. It was pretty spectacularly awesome.

No, I know what an incel is, I just hadn't heard anything about those idiots in connection with Captain Marvel.

Hell, I was involuntarily celibate through high school and beyond. Didn't make me hate women, or feel they owed it to me to date me. It did make me sad that they didn't like me as much as (or in the way that) I liked them. On reflection, I think that experience left me well prepared to have cats as pets.

I have little to no exposure to or interest in Captain Marvel (any Marvel version) or Brie Larson, but I'm looking forward to this movie. It probably will not be Marvel's "Wonder Woman" just because Captain M doesn't have the recognition factor of someone who's been around since 1941, but I think it will easily live up to its own hype.
    Fiat justitia ruat coelum.

So, the question begs to be answered...what, then, is considered to be the best DC hero movie? Wonder Woman? That's got my immediate, hands-down vote. It was pretty spectacularly awesome.

Batman Begins.

Okay, I think they aren't in the running anymore, sinec they are not part of the "Cinematic Universe". And then it's almost certainly Wonder Woman.

I'm actually looking forward to it.
    Just before Infinity War I watched almost all the Marvel Movies (even the ones I initially disliked) and to my surprise I actually enjoyed them, including the ones I had previously binned. Perhaps it was the experience of watching them like a series as opposed to each one being judged as a solitary movie. I dunno. I just know I liked them and was much more forgiving of the errors I perceived.
    I cannot explain more, it's just weird.

Things I learned from the last episode of The Walking Dead - Yes, there *are* elk in the Virginia area, they were reintroduced there relatively recently. I had to look it up since the 'elk hunt' struck me as blatant BS.

Things I already knew from the last episode of The Walking Dead - #1. A burial ground inside your walls is a stupid idea, since it's a waste of protected space (where you could grow food), and you shouldn't site a burial area anywhere near your water source. #2. You can't walk around and hold a bow of any serious poundage at full draw for minutes on end, just waiting for an enemy to pop up. Your arm will fatigue and your accuracy will suffer mightily.

Province
    The Flow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Advocatus Diaboli View Post
    Hell, I was involuntarily celibate through high school and beyond.
    There is a difference between 'involuntary celibate' and incell.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustrum_Ridcully View Post
    Batman Begins.
    I knew there was something wrong with you.

There is a difference between 'involuntary celibate' and incell.
    Do tell, unless you're simply saying that all incels are involuntarily celibate, but not all those who are involuntarily celibate are incels?

Do tell, unless you're simply saying that all incels are involuntarily celibate, but not all those who are involuntarily celibate are incels?
    That does seem to be the case. After all, I'm a swell guy.
    Fiat justitia ruat coelum.

• Page 177 of 189 FirstFirst ... 77127158159160161162163164165166167168169170171172173174175176177178179180181182183184185186187188189 LastLast