Thread: Random Entertainment Thoughts

Province
    The Flow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Re: Marvel's Punisher Season 2...

Better than season one... but Hollywood is still stupid as fuck, that is all.
    I can delete you, one click and you're overwritten.

"[Lin-Manuel Miranda] is talking to Disney about a sequel to 'Moana', but the movie would be about a Latina princess."

In what sense could this be a sequel? Moana is set 2,000-3,000 years ago. Polynesians didn't encounter Europeans until the late 16th Century. A 1,500-2,500 year gap does not sound sequel-ish to me.

"Listen to abuela, little Mona, and she will tell you of your great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandmother Moana."
    Last edited by Advocatus Diaboli; January 25th, 2019 at 10:50 PM.
    Fiat justitia ruat coelum.

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    Re: Marvel's Punisher Season 2...

Better than season one... but Hollywood is still stupid as fuck, that is all.
    I did not find it better than season 1. Season 2 suffered from 2 disconnected plots, orphaned characters, and bad pacing (see 2 disconnected plots + 13 episodes). I was disappointed with how they handled Frank's journey and the boring failures of interest with Jigsaw. Pilgrim was good, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    I think ovi's right.

Province
    The Flow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    I did not find it better than season 1. Season 2 suffered from 2 disconnected plots, orphaned characters, and bad pacing (see 2 disconnected plots + 13 episodes). I was disappointed with how they handled Frank's journey and the boring failures of interest with Jigsaw.
    Aside from the mishandling of Frank, that's pretty much the exact same condemnations I had for season 1.

Pilgrim was good, though.
    Agreed, and having a 'compelling' villain put this season above the previous.

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Not usually a horror fan (find them trite) but I enjoyed The Autopsy of Jane Doe. Good and creepy, not too many jump scares, and only occasionally predictable. I even had a "holy fuck that is fucked right the fucking fuck up" moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    I think ovi's right.

Province
    Liverpool, UK
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Not usually a horror fan (find them trite) but I enjoyed The Autopsy of Jane Doe. Good and creepy, not too many jump scares, and only occasionally predictable. I even had a "holy fuck that is fucked right the fucking fuck up" moment.
    Yeah it was a good horror flick. I highly recommend it too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Oliver View Post
    Damn you and your perfectly valid criticism!

Random thing I just learned; Stephen Colbert is deaf in his right ear.

Dark the stars and dark the moon
    Hush the night and the morning loon
    Tell the horses and beat on your drum
    Gone their master, gone their son.

Dark the oceans, dark the sky
    Hush the whales and the ocean tide
    Tell the salt marsh and beat on your drum

Province
    The Flow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    I don't normally engage with such clickbaity titles... but this one looked amusing:

24 PHOTOS OF STARS WITH YOUNGER VERSIONS OF THEMSELVES

I did not find it better than season 1.
    I felt the same. Pacing, for me given no to few surprises in the storyline which included Frank's journey.
    Maybe there was less novelty given season I, I don't know. But they are coming off the back of Daredevil 3 which hit all the right notes for me.

Pilgrim was good, though.
    I concur.

Province
    US
    Oratio

Ignore User
    I'm watching Titans. It's much better than I expected. Sort of a horror, tho. Completely unlike the old cartoon.

Watched both "Unbreakable" and "Split" so I'm caught up and ready to go see "Glass" in theatres, once I get over this bullshit bronchitis crap.

Really liked "Split", holy crap was that guy doing some impressive acting. Dayum.

Just finished watching "Iceman", the movie about Otzi. Pretty darn good; I had some quibbles about a few things, but also noted some details they got very satisfyingly right. Definitely worth watching.

Province
    US
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldorian View Post
    I'm watching Titans. It's much better than I expected. Sort of a horror, tho. Completely unlike the old cartoon.

Couple middle episodes were weak, but episode 9 blew me away. It was about Hawk and Dove, characters I know next to nothing about.

Province
    The Flow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    If you've never seen Cowboy Bebop, maybe this retrospection will motivate you, and if you have seen it, this retrospection is still an interesting watch.

Cowboy Bebop is one of the best non-anime anime shows ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    If you've never seen Cowboy Bebop, maybe this retrospection will motivate you, and if you have seen it, this retrospection is still an interesting watch.

Cowboy Bebop is one of the best non-anime anime shows ever made.

As it happens, I just watched the entire show for the first time on Netflix (but I could only get the German dubbing, but it didn't seem too bad either.). I remember having watched parts of it many years ago. It believe it was shown on the German version of MTV. It was nice seeing it finally in full. Or almost full - I am pretty sure I haven't seen the Bebop movie yet. Really a uniquely feeling show, with a brilliant soundtrack to match.

I've heard Netflix wants to make a live action Cowboy Bebop show. I am skeptical the can catch lightning again, but I am not against trying, to be honest.

• Page 175 of 189 FirstFirst ... 75125156157158159160161162163164165166167168169170171172173174175176177178179180181182183184185186187188189 LastLast