Thread: Random Entertainment Thoughts

Province
    The Flow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistwell View Post
    Yes, the review made it sound awful, and your review when combined with that review...makes it sound awful. To me, given my tastes.
    It sounds really good to me. I just don't have the time at the moment what with the shows I'm already falling behind on. Oh well, one more to toss on the growing pile of "stuff to catch up on when I have time".

Damn million book long web serials...
    I can delete you, one click and you're overwritten.

Province
    Melbourne
    Oratio

Ignore User
    For the stupid amongst you who both jumped on the hatewagon — because you have tiny brains which can't produce original thoughts — and claimed that there was no such disinformation influence campaign: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...y-says-1148475
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Wickett View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I'm mostly with Spoony.

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Kzach View Post
    For the stupid amongst you who both jumped on the hatewagon — because you have tiny brains which can't produce original thoughts — and claimed that there was no such disinformation influence campaign: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...y-says-1148475
    Holy fuck, now the Russians are being blamed for Star Wars butthurt. They're a boogeyman for all needs!
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    I think ovi's right.

Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    Holy fuck, now the Russians are being blamed for Star Wars butthurt. They're a boogeyman for all needs!
    Oh, well, I am almost willing to believe that Russian Trolls would help to drown out the legtimate critique levelled against The Last Jedi with trollish critique that reflexively forces fans and leftists to defend the movie in places where it simply didn't deserve it, and make them unable or unwilling to actually look into depth at the more legtimate critique and maybe even come up with legitimate counterpoints to that critique.

Province
    Melbourne
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustrum_Ridcully View Post
    Oh, well, I am almost willing to believe that Russian Trolls would help to drown out the legtimate critique levelled against The Last Jedi with trollish critique that reflexively forces fans and leftists to defend the movie in places where it simply didn't deserve it, and make them unable or unwilling to actually look into depth at the more legtimate critique and maybe even come up with legitimate counterpoints to that critique.
    My god you people are dense. It has nothing at all to do with the fucking movie. It's got to do with influencing popular culture in order to feed ever more extreme behaviour. It's like how Gamergate is a feeder to more extreme groups, the line of which ends at alt-right douchenozzles who are too fucking stupid to realise that they're alt-right douchenozzles, like nail bunny.
    I'm mostly with Spoony.

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustrum_Ridcully View Post
    Now you're inventing leprechauns and unicorns as support for "Russia did it!"
    I think ovi's right.

Of course, leprechauns and unicorns also have a lot to gain by the Russians distracting everyone.

Mustrum "Russian Nesting Dolls are Russian... Coincidence? I think not" Ridcully

Province
    To the left of reality. Behind reason. Right next to the backside of beyond.
    Oratio

Ignore User
    If it's not Russia, it's Soros for the right and the Koch brothers for the left. When in fact, they might be behind some of it, alot of it is just douche-nozzles being gleeful trolls.
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

Province
    Melbourne
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by kirinke View Post
    If it's not Russia, it's Soros for the right and the Koch brothers for the left.
    You know, aside from the FBI, CIA, NSA reports and all the independent investigations and corporate investigations (Facebook/Twitter) that have confirmed Russian influence as well as the publicly available information on Soros which proves he's nothing like what the idiot-right say he is whilst having the same evidence to prove that Koch is everything the left say he is...

...you know, facts, evidence, that sort of thing.
    I'm mostly with Spoony.

Province
    To the left of reality. Behind reason. Right next to the backside of beyond.
    Oratio

Ignore User
    I never said Russia, Soros and the Koch brothers weren't behind some of it. The vast majority of it though are just stupid fucks being fucking stupid. My benchmarch on the Yahoo comments section for example is if you have over 10,000 posts or under 100, you're a troll. Usually, those have the most stupid, repetitive crap in them.
    Last edited by kirinke; October 3rd, 2018 at 11:40 AM.
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Just watched Arrival. It was a... very meta experience. About 30 mins in the vague familiarity clicked and I realized I had read this story a long time ago. So, I finished watching the movie knowing what would happen, in pieces. If you've seen it, you'll understand the meta bit of this. Not a horrible 2 hours. Wouldn't watch again. 3 stars.
    I think ovi's right.

Province
    Funkytown
    Oratio

Ignore User
    It was ok.

Damn. I've run out of stuff to watch at night, again. Just finished second season of Ozark. It seems to have gotten better over time. Laura Linney is really sinking her teeth into this one.
    "When the subway jerks, it's the fixed stars that throw you down."

Province
    The Flow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Wouldn't watch again.
    I agree. I'd go so far as to say I'd consider not watching it in the first place, but then I wouldn't have know how stupid it was, so... can't undo the past.
    I can delete you, one click and you're overwritten.

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    I agree. I'd go so far as to say I'd consider not watching it in the first place, but then I wouldn't have know how stupid it was, so... can't undo the past.
    Meh. Maybe that having additional context made it less stupid, I dudn't think it was that bad. Or, maybe, I was just enjoying the meta aspect of knowing what was going to happen.
    I think ovi's right.

Personally, I found it fantastic. And I did watch it again, and I still enjoyed seeing it.

• Page 168 of 189 FirstFirst ... 68118149150151152153154155156157158159160161162163164165166167168169170171172173174175176177178179180181182183184185186187 ... LastLast