Thread: Random Entertainment Thoughts

a figment of your imagination COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Palaralae's Avatar
    Province
    Northern Idaho
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
    Correct. Dr. Strange can be seen in the latest trailer for Avengers Infinity War. He also has a (small) part in Thor 3 Ragnarok.
    Haven't seen the trailer for Infinity War, but I did greatly enjoy his bit in in Ragnarok.

fire fire dragonfire
    searing words and ancient ire
    wake wake from the grave
    rise to set the world aflame

night night endless night
    terror is the only light
    bane bane rage untamed
    darkness dwells in age-old blame

I've started watching Bojack Horseman. It's quite a beautiful depressive animation series on Netflix.

It tells the story of Bojack Horseman, who used to have a successful sitcom in the 80s and now wants to get relevant again. And is a horse, and his agent is a cat, and the ghost writer for his novel is a human.
    Because in this world, there are anthropomorphic animals and humans living side by side (and still eating chicken and steak and what not).
    The animal part seems to mostly used for the comedic effect of having characters do things that look like something the animal they are would do, or we associate with the animal while the rest is mostly about more or less "real" human things, of course exaggerated for human effect, and of course through the Hollywoo(d) lense.
    It might not be an accident that Bojack is a horse, though it has nothing to do with running over Prairies or whatever, and more with the "Horse goes in a Bar, the bartender asks: "Why the long face?" joke...

Province
    Northern Idaho
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Anybody watching and have recommendations for/against "Godless"? I've been hearing radio ads for it and am curious to maybe check it out.

fire fire dragonfire
    wake wake from the grave

terror is the only light
    bane bane rage untamed

Province
    Los Angeles, CA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustrum_Ridcully View Post
    I've started watching Bojack Horseman. It's quite a beautiful depressive animation series on Netflix.

It tells the story of Bojack Horseman, who used to have a successful sitcom in the 80s and now wants to get relevant again. And is a horse, and his agent is a cat, and the ghost writer for his novel is a human.
    Because in this world, there are anthropomorphic animals and humans living side by side (and still eating chicken and steak and what not).
    The animal part seems to mostly used for the comedic effect of having characters do things that look like something the animal they are would do, or we associate with the animal while the rest is mostly about more or less "real" human things, of course exaggerated for human effect, and of course through the Hollywoo(d) lense.
    It might not be an accident that Bojack is a horse, though it has nothing to do with running over Prairies or whatever, and more with the "Horse goes in a Bar, the bartender asks: "Why the long face?" joke...
    A friend of mine does the PR for this show and he convinced us to watch it a while back. I found it too depressing. It's good if you like dark humor though.
    I like hats.

Province
    US
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Looks like Disney is indeed buying Fox's assets. So, Fantastic Four and X-Men, coming to the MCU near you.

Province
    The Rose City, Pacific NW USA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustrum_Ridcully View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistwell View Post
    A friend of mine does the PR for this show and he convinced us to watch it a while back. I found it too depressing. It's good if you like dark humor though.
    My now ex-girlfriend is a huge fan and got me into watching it. I've seen a dozen episodes. But we broke up so I quit watching it. I don't need something depressing reminding me of her.
    "d00d,
    most people are idiots"
    --diaglo

Province
    Melbourne
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldorian View Post
    Looks like Disney is indeed buying Fox's assets. So, Fantastic Four and X-Men, coming to the MCU near you.
    Yeah, and the current CEO of Fox will probably be the CEO of Disney's movie arm. In other words, it's going to be a colossal cluster-fuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Wickett View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I'm mostly with Spoony.

Province
    US
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Kzach View Post
    Yeah, and the current CEO of Fox will probably be the CEO of Disney's movie arm. In other words, it's going to be a colossal cluster-fuck.
    The Guardian only says that he (James Murdoch) is leaving Fox, not that he's going to be in charge of Disney's movie arm. I can't imagine Disney putting him, a nepotistic appointment, in charge. Maybe they'll let him fuck up some TV shows, but Disney with Fox's assets will account for 40% of the US box office, and there's no way they'd let him be in charge of that. The whole reason Fox is selling is because Disney is better at the movie business. Fox is concentrating on news (hah) and sports.
    Last edited by Eldorian; December 13th, 2017 at 10:46 PM.

Province
    Northern Idaho
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Just finished watching "The Belko Experiment." If you have a somewhat twisted and dark sense of humour, you'll probably enjoy it.

Brief synopsis; in a corporate building out in the middle of nowhere in Colombia, the hundred-odd employees are suddenly forced to kill each other and survive as part of an experiment.

A bit bloody, but I found it amusing and entertaining. Think "The Hunger Games" meets "Office Space".

fire fire dragonfire
    wake wake from the grave

terror is the only light
    bane bane rage untamed

Province
    The Rose City, Pacific NW USA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Palaralae View Post
    A bit bloody, but I found it amusing and entertaining. Think "The Hunger Games" meets "Office Space".
    Does at least one person get killed with a stapler?
    "d00d,
    most people are idiots"
    --diaglo

Province
    Melbourne
    Oratio

Ignore User
    You know what's a really good sci-fi series on TV right now? Travelers. Hoping it gets renewed for a third season. Season finale of season 2 next week.
    I'm mostly with Spoony.

Province
    US
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Kzach View Post
    You know what's a really good sci-fi series on TV right now? Travelers. Hoping it gets renewed for a third season. Season finale of season 2 next week.
    I watched the first season of that on Netflix and liked it a lot.

Province
    US
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldorian View Post
    Sale confirmed via press release, should take a year and a half for the legal shit to be settled.

Province
    Northern Idaho
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarion'sCousin View Post
    Does at least one person get killed with a stapler?
    No, but one guy does get cut down (har har) with the blade from one of those lever-action paper cutters.

The movie is totally worth watching; I've wasted money in theatres on far worse flicks. I dl'ed this one after running across a montage of random previews on YouTube and getting interested in a few of them. In that lot was also a weird-looking Western that has Kit Harrington in it, blanking on the name of it right now. Something about a preacher hounding this one woman accused of something.

fire fire dragonfire
    wake wake from the grave

terror is the only light
    bane bane rage untamed

Province
    Melbourne
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Palaralae View Post
    No, but one guy does get cut down (har har) with the blade from one of those lever-action paper cutters.

The movie is totally worth watching; I've wasted money in theatres on far worse flicks. I dl'ed this one after running across a montage of random previews on YouTube and getting interested in a few of them. In that lot was also a weird-looking Western that has Kit Harrington in it, blanking on the name of it right now. Something about a preacher hounding this one woman accused of something.
    Brimstone.

Fairly good movie.
    I'm mostly with Spoony.

• Page 157 of 174 FirstFirst ... 57107138139140141142143144145146147148149150151152153154155156157158159160161162163164165166167168169170171172173174 LastLast