Thread: Random Entertainment Thoughts

Province
    To the left of reality. Behind reason. Right next to the backside of beyond.
    Oratio

Ignore User
    No shit, Sherlock. I've wanted to hunt one for a long-ass time. Since they're bigger and more aggressive than your Nile crocs, caimans, and other crocodilians, that is, in fact, why seeing the critters onscreen made me go to them as my first guess.
    Well gators/crocs and dinos did live at the same time. So it's possible.
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

Province
    The Flow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    If you're interested in a mediocre Mythos movie, Bird Box should be right up your alley.
    I can delete you, one click and you're overwritten.

a figment of your imagination COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Palaralae's Avatar
    Province
    Northern Idaho
    Oratio

Ignore User
    "I'll tell you something," he said, as if he had said nothing that day. "You're walking on gallows ground, and there's a rope around your neck and a raven-bird on each shoulder waiting for your eyes, and the gallows tree has deep roots, for it stretches from heaven to hell, and our world is only the branch from which the rope is swinging."

Province
    US
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Palaralae View Post

It's strangely religious.

Province
    Northern Idaho
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldorian View Post
    It's strangely religious.
    Going off of the synopsis in the article, or have you seen it?

I did just find and watch the trailer. The bows look good so far.

"I'll tell you something," he said, as if he had said nothing that day. "You're walking on gallows ground, and there's a rope around your neck and a raven-bird on each shoulder waiting for your eyes, and the gallows tree has deep roots, for it stretches from heaven to hell, and our world is only the branch from which the rope is swinging."

Province
    US
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Palaralae View Post
    I did just find and watch the trailer. The bows look good so far.
    The interview you linked.

Province
    Northern Idaho
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldorian View Post
    The interview you linked.
    It's so weird that it's not being released over here until March (looks like possibly playing in Seattle), yet it's been out elsewhere since 2017.

I'm on the trail of a digital copy.

Province
    Funkytown
    Oratio

Ignore User
    I'm watching Hard Sun. Can't figure out if I quite hate it enough to discontinue watching. I keep hoping it will get better. They need a new soundtrack, that's for sure.

In short: the future is grim.

I finally gave up on it. I think it's kind of like a low grade horror movie for tv. Annoying repetitive low threatening music and lots of gore/cutting and stabbing. I got bored. It was oppressive. I see it's got mixed reviews.
    Last edited by shiningbrow; January 5th, 2019 at 04:28 PM.
    "When the subway jerks, it's the fixed stars that throw you down."

Province
    Northern Idaho
    Oratio

Ignore User
    I had been meaning to get around to watching "The Bad Batch", since that was recommended to me as both a Jason Momoa fan and that it was dystopic and vaguely post-apoc.

So.....yeah....um, ok then.

Burning Man meets dystopic fiction?

The hell did I just watch?

Edit: just checking out the credits, and I literally exclaimed "Oh my fucking god, that was Jim Carrey!?!?"
    Last edited by Palaralae; January 8th, 2019 at 04:14 AM.

Province
    The Flow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    This looks promising:

Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    This looks promising:
    Meh. Groundhog Night.
    Fiat justitia ruat coelum.

Province
    The Flow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Advocatus Diaboli View Post
    Meh. Groundhog Night.
    Yeah, but it embraces the darkness, and like the notion that there are more than one person looping. So it isn't just going to be a "live this one day perfectly".

Province
    The Flow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    TFS Hellsing Ultimate Abridged has finally ended* and so here it is all ten episodes, called "the best anime I've ever watched" by at least one Cirvus Maximvs mod:

TFS Hellsing Ultimate Abridged Episodes 1-10

* It actually ended several weeks ago, but episode ten was copyright struck by Funimation, despite uit being a parody and there being no basis for the strike, but it's back now, so, enjoy it while you can!

Province
    Northern Idaho
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Tonight's post-apoc-ish/dystopian pick: "The FP". Dystopian turf/gang wars with tongue-in-cheek Civil War themes are fought by...playing DDR. Complete with over-the-top street talk for "dialogue". HILARIOUS.

Ten minutes in and I am dyin' ovah heah.

Province
    Northern Idaho
    Oratio

Ignore User
    So, in my recent search to get the movie "Iceman" (the one about Otzi), I ran across another film called "Iceman: The Time Traveller". It's a Chinese film that is....odd. Sort of wu xia, but time travelling. Some of the armor and (supposedly) Ming-era costuming looked cool, so I got it and watched it.

I don't know if this is typical example of Chinese cinema, but this film is implausible, weird, randomly giggle-worthy, and full of WTF moments all at the same time. The ending isn't even an ending, and as the credits rolled, I was literally blinking at my screen, perplexed, and indignantly squawked, "....the HELL?!!??!"

But in a weird and incongruous way, I'm both irritated about this movie, yet somehow enjoyed parts of it at the same time. So tantrum. Very conflict. Much confuse.

• Page 174 of 181 FirstFirst ... 74124155156157158159160161162163164165166167168169170171172173174175176177178179180181 LastLast