Who, spoilers, has lungs.
    A liberalist gets it's wings...

Province
    New Hampshire
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldorian View Post
    ...Because he's obviously a cyborg?
    On the subject of cyborgs, I just watched the original 1973 pilot episode of The Six Million Dollar Man, based on the novel Cyborg. Compared to the series that followed, it was not very good. Poor pacing, and Darren McGavin as the rich SOB who financed it did not help. Far less action than what we later saw, and tons of time spent dealing with his PTSD from the accident. They also originally had Steve Austin as an anti-authority loose cannon civilian, rather than a former Colonel. Thankfully they cleaned that up by the second pilot, which then introduced Oscar Goldman as his supervisor.

a figment of your imagination COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Palaralae's Avatar
    Province
    Northern Idaho
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldorian View Post

Because he's obviously a cyborg?
    Looked fully droid so far, but meh. Seems silly if you're going to go with being mostly machine that you'd not want to have the weak link of actual lungs to keep your fleshy bits alive, but I guess I shouldn't have any expectations of decent writing/storylines with this trilogy.
    News I bring;
    Bells the stag, winter snow
    Summer is past
    Wind high and cold
    Low the sun, short its course
    Seas run strong;
    The russet bracken its shape is lost
    Wild goose raises wanton cry
    Cold lays hold on wings of bird
    Time of ice
    This I heard.

-9th c. Irish

The End of the Fucking World appeared on Netflix this week, and I watched it yesterday evening and this morning. Pretty awesome in a fucked up way, Black Humor to Dark Seriousness, telling the story of two teenage protagonists that run away together.
    It's 8 episodes, each about 20 minutes, so the total run time is basically like a long a movie and it certainly can be binge-watched well.

Province
    To the left of reality. Behind reason. Right next to the backside of beyond.
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Palaralae View Post
    Looked fully droid so far, but meh. Seems silly if you're going to go with being mostly machine that you'd not want to have the weak link of actual lungs to keep your fleshy bits alive, but I guess I shouldn't have any expectations of decent writing/storylines with this trilogy.
    Just pretend the episodes 1-3 didn't happen. You'll be happier. Rogue One is a much better film.
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

the sandwich is next! SeatownJay's Avatar
    Province
    In my own mind
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Took my boys to go see the new Jumanji movie. It was pleasantly entertaining and had a neat callback to the first movie.
    space for rent

Province
    US
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by SeatownJay View Post
    Took my boys to go see the new Jumanji movie. It was pleasantly entertaining and had a neat callback to the first movie.
    I enjoyed Jumanji considerably more than Last Jedi. What a strange world.

Province
    Melbourne
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Black Lightning is, "OMFG, they actually decided to air this?" bad. Do not watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Wickett View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I'm mostly with Spoony.

• Page 160 of 160 FirstFirst ... 60110141142143144145146147148149150151152153154155156157158159160