Thread: Random Entertainment Thoughts

I can't believe it's an admin COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Bront's Avatar
    Province
    Aurora, IL
    Oratio

Ignore User

Random Entertainment Thoughts

They work well elsewhere.

Watching Avatar the cartoon series now after finishing 9 seasons of Smallville (I have the newer slowed down theme song too). Wanted to watch Lois and Clark again, but it just bugged me after watching Smallville.

Any suggestions for what to queue up next? JL and JLU were a thought, or something more adult.

Province
    Vancouver
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Sons of Anarchy?

Province
    South Carolina
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Bront View Post
    Wanted to watch Lois and Clark again, but it just bugged me after watching Smallville.
    I watched Lois and Clark before I really got into Smallville (especially the later seasons), so I'm curious if I'd have this issue, too. What did you find difficult about it? Was it too campy?

Quote Originally Posted by Bront View Post
    Any suggestions for what to queue up next? JL and JLU were a thought, or something more adult.
    What are you in the mood for? If you're hankering after cartoons, Justice League and Justice League: Unlimited are awesome choices. Belen would also recommend the anime series Gundam Seed which has a really good story line and characters. (It's one of his all-time favorite cartoons).

If you're in the mood for something more adult, can you be more specific? Sci Fi? Drama? Action? Comedy?

In my Random Entertainment thoughts we finished up all the Doctor Who featuring David Tennant and all of Torchwood last week. I was actually feeling pretty down when we finished it... like getting to the end of the really good book and not wanting it to be over.

Last night we started watching Season 2 of True Blood. I'm liking it a lot better than Season 1 (which we saw about a year ago). Less nasty sex and more interesting characters/story lines. What drives me crazy about it, though, is that every episode feels like a cliff hanger and you are driven to keep watching episode after episode.
    "Amber is about to Detect Magic on your butt" - Hypersmurf

"Alenda is far more evil than me. She's 87% evil, and I'm only 63.5% evil." -- Goblin Girl

"Your evil is so... charming..." -- barsoomcore

Province
    Massachusetts
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenda View Post
    In my Random Entertainment thoughts we finished up all the Doctor Who featuring David Tennant and all of Torchwood last week. I was actually feeling pretty down when we finished it... like getting to the end of the really good book and not wanting it to be over.
    I've done the same thing. I'm now completely caught up with the new Doctor Who series (Five seasons in as many weeks) and craving more.

No more new shows 'til Christmas...
    Last edited by CarlZog; July 6th, 2010 at 01:57 PM.

Province
    South Carolina
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlZog View Post
    I've done the same thing. I'm now completely caught up with the new Doctor Who series (Five seasons in as many weeks) and craving more.

No more new shows 'til Christmas...
    Yeah, we watched 4 seasons of Doctor Who and all of Torchwood in like 3 weeks. I think it'll be a little while before the fifth season of Doctor Who hits NetFlix "Watch It Now".

By the way, NetFlix + PS3 has totally revolutionized the way we watch TV shows. It's so awesome just to be able to download shows, watch them, and then delete them from the queue when we're done.

"Alenda is far more evil than me. She's 87% evil, and I'm only 63.5% evil." -- Goblin Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Alenda View Post
    Less nasty sex and more interesting characters/story lines.
    www.scottmoorecoaching.com

The next CAMP NCGD is on April 27-May1, 2017.

the sandwich is next! SeatownJay's Avatar
    Province
    In my own mind
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Watching the Star Wars movies, especially the new ones, with young boys helps recapture some of the enjoyment and excitement of the story, even with the bad acting.
    space for rent

Province
    South Carolina
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Rel View Post
    OK, perhaps I should clarify. When I say "nasty sex", I mean things like a disinterested woman boringly watching an infomercial while her boyfriend is banging her vigorously in the butt.

There's plenty of sex in Season 2 of True Blood. Most of it seems to be of the "making love" variety though, which I'm totally cool with.

Province
    The palace of WTF!
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by SeatownJay View Post
    Watching the Star Wars movies, especially the new ones, with young boys helps recapture some of the enjoyment and excitement of the story, even with the bad acting.
    Did you just imply that there wasn't bad acting in the original trilogy?

the sandwich is next! SeatownJay's Avatar
    Province
    In my own mind
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    No no no. Just that the bad acting was more prevalent in the new trilogy.
    space for rent

Grumpy Old Man
    Oratio

Ignore User
    What? Mark Hamil is the best actor EVAR. Didn't you see Corvette Summer?
    fuck you guys.

SHUT YOUR PIE-HOLE!

Zombieland was actually better than I thought it would be.
    You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
    Plato

Invisible Castle

Province
    South Florida
    Oratio

Ignore User
    I just finished watching seasons 1 and 2 of Being Human. I can't wait until season 3.

Right now I am enjoying summer's TV shows like Burn Notice and Leverage. I started watching ABC new supernatural show The Gates I like it I just have a bad feeling it is going to canceled before we find out who did what.

Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by SeatownJay View Post
    I think he implied everything can be made better by doing it with young boys...

I wouldn't even censor you.

• Page 1 of 174 123456789101112131415161718192051101 ... LastLast