Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 152

Thread: Against The Trolde (PBP)

  1. #61
    Fox Confessor jasin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Province
    Zagreb
    Oratio
    3,951
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Morreion goes the very edge of the water and stares out at the light in the fog.
    OOC: Anything I can make out? Is it a fisherman's lantern or something else? Is it moving?

 

  • #62
    Lieutenant Dummy Stupid-Butt Ftumch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    The corner barstool
    Oratio
    22,347
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    GM: The light doesn't appear to be moving towards the shore. In fact it doesn't seem to be moving much at all.

    As everyone starts to gather to see what is going on the sounds of battle sound across the waves out of the fog...

    Men shouting...The ring of steel...Splashing...Wood breaking...Screams

    ...then silence

    The light goes out
    Last edited by Ftumch; April 25th, 2010 at 07:28 PM.
    ---In real life, vampires only sparkle when they're on fire.

  • #63
    Fox Confessor jasin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Province
    Zagreb
    Oratio
    3,951
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    "Death calls, and we must answer."

  • #64
    extremely religious yokel COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Rusty Halo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Province
    Minnesota
    Oratio
    12,150
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Morreion View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    "Death calls, and we must answer."

    Shaking his head awake, Ghost sits up, sees his comrades strapping for battle, and in a voice still rough from sleep prepares to cast Good Hope (allies gain +2 to hit/weapon damage, ability checks, skill checks and saving throws), the song gaining gaining strength and purpose as he stands up.


    "Since thou hast given me this good hope, ye gods,
    That whilst my footsteps tread the flowery sod
    And the great woods embower me, and white dawn
    And purple even sweetly lead me on
    From day to day, and night to night, ye gods,
    My life shall no wise miss the light of love;
    But ever climbing, climb above
    Man's one poor star, man's supine lands,
    Into the azure steadfastness of death,
    My life shall no wise lack the light of love,
    My hands not lack the loving touch of hands;
    But day by day, whilst yet I draw my breath,
    And day by day, unto my last of years,
    I shall be one that has a perfect friend.
    Her heart shall taste my laughter and my tears,
    And her kind eyes shall lead me to the end!"
    cf. Robert Louis Stevenson




    OOC: Ghost will wait to "trip" the spell until battle is met.

  • #65
    Religipster Enkhidu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    Dayton
    Oratio
    5,720
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User

    Two ill omens on the same day, grumbles Grim. Then louder, Best to keep arms at the ready, to ward off whatever doom took that vessel. With that, Grim hefts his weapons, scanning the waters for signs of danger.

  • #66
    WIS is my dump stat! COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Fenris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Province
    Long Island, NY
    Oratio
    2,185
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkhidu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.

    Two ill omens on the same day, grumbles Grim. Then louder, Best to keep arms at the ready, to ward off whatever doom took that vessel. With that, Grim hefts his weapons, scanning the waters for signs of danger.

    "Aye, ill omens indeed. and much evil afoot. Vandyr, bank the fire." says Haakon.
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they will never sit under.

    Play By Post Games

  • #67
    the sandwich is next! SeatownJay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Province
    In my own mind
    Oratio
    5,586
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Vandyr tends to the flames as requested by Haakon before readying his bow and moving a little down the shore to see if he can get a better view out over the water.
    space for rent

  • #68
    jaded cat Davek's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Province
    !
    Oratio
    2,463
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Theocius bites off his initial response, to being woken from a restful sleep, at the look of concern in Haakon's eyes.

    Rolling out of his blanket, he quickly and quietly slips into his armor and glances around to see what is going on. Listening to the quiet whispering he turns to the waterfront, straining to see anything.

    Once prepared he slips silently into a deeper shadow to the left of the camp [OOC- relative to the water] and listens and looks intensely for anything coming form the water.

    Move Silently (1d20(15) + 15=30)
    Hide (1d20(1) + 15=16)
    Spot (1d20(5) + 0=5)
    Listen (1d20(11) + 9=20)

    [OOC - Apparently, hiding in a deeper shadow involves standing within the ring of firelight ... no wonder Theocius cannot spot anything ...]
    Last edited by Davek; April 26th, 2010 at 06:38 PM.

  • #69
    Lieutenant Dummy Stupid-Butt Ftumch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    The corner barstool
    Oratio
    22,347
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    GM: Awakes with a start & quickly grabs his weapons. He follows the others to teh beach & squats down, looking out into the fog.


    What is occuring out on the water? Tis it a battle? What was heard & seen?
    ---In real life, vampires only sparkle when they're on fire.

  • #70
    WIS is my dump stat! COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Fenris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Province
    Long Island, NY
    Oratio
    2,185
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Pozer The Presbyterian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    GM: Awakes with a start & quickly grabs his weapons. He follows the others to teh beach & squats down, looking out into the fog.


    What is occuring out on the water? Tis it a battle? What was heard & seen?
    "A light on a ship was seen out on the water. Then the sound of battle, screams, wood being rent. Then darkness and silence. Some sleep with Aegir tonight. Though by what means we do not know. We shall wait a while to see if we are visited by the shipwrecker or wreckers." replies Haakon quietly.
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they will never sit under.

    Play By Post Games

  • #71
    Lieutenant Dummy Stupid-Butt Ftumch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    The corner barstool
    Oratio
    22,347
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    GM: As you peer into the fog shrouded darkness the silence is only broken by the sound of water gently lapping against the shore.

    The seconds stretch into minutes.

    The minutes stretch into hours.

    ...until the fog begins to glow with the coming dawn.
    ---In real life, vampires only sparkle when they're on fire.

  • #72
    extremely religious yokel COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Rusty Halo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Province
    Minnesota
    Oratio
    12,150
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Pozer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    The fog begins to glow with the coming dawn.

    Ghost fishes through his rucksack and extracts a jar of gooseberry jam. "What's for breakfast?" he asks, feigning cheer. He casts one last look across the water, shaking his head ruefully.


  • #73
    Lieutenant Dummy Stupid-Butt Ftumch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    The corner barstool
    Oratio
    22,347
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    Don'a look at me. I caught dinna.

    So what be the plan? Do we head back out on the water?
    ---In real life, vampires only sparkle when they're on fire.

  • #74
    Religipster Enkhidu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    Dayton
    Oratio
    5,720
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User

    Not on an empty belly we won't. If we're to meet our doom fighting unseen enemies on the water, I'd liefer go to Valhalla on a full stomach.

    OOC: Assuming that we don't have any objections, should we assume we head out after breaking fast?

  • #75
    Lieutenant Dummy Stupid-Butt Ftumch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    The corner barstool
    Oratio
    22,347
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    vCash
    500

    Ignore User
    OOC: Assuming that we don't have any objections, should we assume we head out after breaking fast?


    GM: By the time the morning meal is finished & the sun has come up you notice that the fog isn't being burned off as is normal in the morning.

    It seems to be just as thick as in the night.
    ---In real life, vampires only sparkle when they're on fire.

  • Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •