Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Not for the weak of stomach

Province
    DC Metropolitan
    Oratio

Ignore User

Not for the weak of stomach

What does it mean when you poop, but it's liquid that comes out. A....friend of mine... has been having this problem for the last 2 days with varying consistancy. Also, fever, nausea but no actual puking. Also swollen glands and back pain. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Xath
    What does it mean when you poop, but it's liquid that comes out. A....friend of mine... has been having this problem for the last 2 days with varying consistancy. Also, fever, nausea but no actual puking. Also swollen glands and back pain. Any ideas?
    It means she's gotta get to a doctor NOW! Fever, nausea, diarrhea... It could be malaria for all you know. Go to the emergency room since the symptoms have lasted 2 days.
    If you participate in my Daily Trivia thread, do not look for the answer elsewhere and post it.

Workman Publishing Company
    225 Varick Street
    New York, NY 10014-4381
    212-254-5900 (phone)
    212-254-8098 (fax)
    info@workman.com

Province
    DC Metropolitan
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by reveal
    It means she's gotta get to a doctor NOW! Fever, nausea, diarrhea... It could be malaria for all you know. Go to the emergency room since the symptoms have lasted 2 days.
    I don't think we get much malaria in downtown DC...

I don't think we get much malaria in downtown DC...
    Probably not but my point is still valid.
    If you participate in my Daily Trivia thread, do not look for the answer elsewhere and post it.

225 Varick Street
    New York, NY 10014-4381
    212-254-5900 (phone)
    212-254-8098 (fax)
    info@workman.com

Province
    Charlottesville, VA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Seconded. Get to a doctor. That could be something simple, but could also be bad. A drink water. Sounds like there might be some dehydration going on as well.

Mr. Special Widdle Snowflake jgbrowning's Avatar
    Province
    Currently X
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Do you lower abdominal pain and/or have mucus in your poop? Ie, when you blot your toilet paper do you get strands such as you'd see with snot?

If you do, go to the doctor, you may have http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dpd/parasi...ht_giardia.htm. If you don't, you should go to the doctor anyway as something innocuous shouldn't last as long as it has.

joe b.

Province
    DC Metropolitan
    Oratio

Ignore User
    No mucus, but on the first day there was a bit of blood. Hasn't happened again though.

I'm going to a doc-in-the-box tomorrow.

Mr. Special Widdle Snowflake jgbrowning's Avatar
    Province
    Currently X
    Oratio

Ignore User
    No mucus, but on the first day there was a bit of blood. Hasn't happened again though.

I'm going to a doc-in-the-box tomorrow.
    Blood=see a doctor, good decision.

joe b.

Province
    Phoenix, AZ
    Oratio

Ignore User
    It's possible it's the rotovirus. It's been going around Richmond a lot. It was even on the news - the number of reported cases is up like 20%. Those are all the typical symptoms.

Province
    DC Metropolitan
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by der_kluge
    It's possible it's the rotovirus. It's been going around Richmond a lot. It was even on the news - the number of reported cases is up like 20%. Those are all the typical symptoms.
    What's the rotovirus?

Last time I knew someone that had blood in his stool, he had a very, very bad infection that landed him in the hospital for over a month. Get to a doctor.
    "Wow, Liz, you're hot AND know a lot about pirates! If you were fatter you'd be the ideal woman!" - Rel

What's the rotovirus?
    "Rotovirus" is a common viral infection. My son has had it and passed it on to us, which made my wife and I very, very ill. It's very easy to pass on. Make sure you don't put your hands to your face or mouth after dealing with the person before you wash your hands.

225 Varick Street
    New York, NY 10014-4381
    212-254-5900 (phone)
    212-254-8098 (fax)
    info@workman.com

Province
    Phoenix, AZ
    Oratio

Ignore User
    What's the rotovirus?
    Basically just a virus that causes diarrhea, possibly vomiting, fever. My daughter stayed a night in the hospital because she got dehydrated. Turns out she didn't have rotovirus, but just some other diarrhea-causing virus.

Rotovirus is running rampant right now, so it seems likely that you might have. Especially given that you are only an hour and a half north of me.

If you can actively see red blood in your stool, it's possible that it's just a cut in your anus (hey, it happens). Actual blood from like your stomach will be black like tar.

Drink lots of liquid, take some Imodium AD, and see how it develops. If it persists, go to the doctor.

You could film it and sell it for good money to certain sites....

Province
    It is a Mystery.
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Underpants Gnome
    You could film it and sell it for good money to certain sites....
    Eewww.
    "1 out of 3 Trump supporters is as stupid as the other 2"

• Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast