Thread: Random Videogaming Thoughts

Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Rewire is a fun, quick, little browser logic puzzle game.
    I wouldn't even censor you.

Province
    The land between two rivers
    Oratio

Ignore User
    God gave us Arrow keys for a reason.

Province
    Oratio

Ignore User
    http://habotchi.com/new-ps4-message-...017-e3-gaming/

If you have a PS4, you should turn messaging off or to friends only; a message being passed around can force you to factory reset your console.

Province
    Oratio

Ignore User
    So Soul Calubur 6 came out. I has a sads because I don't have a system that can play it.

It has a custom character creator, and of course everyone is using it to put big dongs on everyone.

a figment of your imagination COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Palaralae's Avatar
    Province
    Northern Idaho
    Oratio

Ignore User
    So, I've been playing a Game of Thrones online game for like the last 3 years. It's been offered by this site/company called Disruptor Beam, which also has a similar game for both Star Trek and The Walking Dead (though I don't play those). You can play for free, but of course, to really get ahead and get Cool Shit, you have to occasionally sink a few bucks into it, which I and the mate have both done.

Disruptor Beam has done a horribly LOUSY job of running this game in so many ways, it's virtually uncountable. Game bugs, things that crash and don't work, etc. And not just little annoying bugs; sometimes people spontaneously lose their fucking DRAGONS. Dragons take a shitload of time, gameplay, resources, and in-game and/or real-world money (if you're inclined to spend it) on evolving them. They're prized things and I heard of one guy who lost FOUR mature dragons to an inventory bug.

Just last week, Disruptor Beam announced that they're shutting this game down. Just ending it. In January. No reason given that I heard, but my guess is that since they're officially HBO/GoT licensed, they're getting that license yanked because of the shitty job they've been doing.

People are PISSED. As in SERIOUSLY pissed.

One of the things you can do in this game is join an Alliance of other players, and they have these monthly Alliance vs. Alliance (AvA) events every month. The latest one started today and holyshitballs, EVERYTHING IS COCKED UP. Attacks aren't going out, stuff isn't working, and right now, AvA is basically unplayable. I'm pissed now, too. But I have to admit, I got a delightful laugh by looking at the AvA map, which shows what alliances are ahead in each region. Because people have decided to voice their opinions by renaming entire alliances to things that send a little message to Disruptor Beam as a company.

This is a screenshot of Who's Currently Winning Westeros, and I thought it was HILARIOUS. If we could just get another recently-renamed alliance to win in the North, all of Westeros would be sending a big "fuck you" to Disruptor Beam.

Disruptor Beam AvA map.jpg
    Deep into the past
    Follow the aeon path
    Greet a blade of grass
    Every endless form most beautiful
    Alive, aware, in awe
    Before the grandeur of it all
    Our floating pale blue ark
    Of endless forms most beautiful

Province
    US
    Oratio

Ignore User
    New Diablo game is mobile rehash of a bunch of D3 assets developed by some shit Chinese mobile P2W app developer. Literal boos in the crowd at Blizzcon.

Province
    US
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Bought Northgard, and damn if the 3rd mission isn't hard as hell. Fun game tho. It's one of those where you have to know in advance what to do or the enemy overwhelms you with infinite warriors.

Also got a coupon for 50% off total war warhammer 2, bought that. Early black friday.

Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Unnnnnnhhhhhh...

Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    Unnnnnnhhhhhh...
    If you participate in my Daily Trivia thread, do not look for the answer elsewhere and post it.

Workman Publishing Company
    225 Varick Street
    New York, NY 10014-4381
    212-254-5900 (phone)
    212-254-8098 (fax)
    info@workman.com

Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Even more "Unnnnnnhhhhh". Maybe a few "OH GOD YES!"

Province
    US
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Fallout mixed with mass effect and not a small bit of borderlands. Looks like it could be fun, totally depends on the systems and quality of the story.

Oh, I've been playing Stellaris. It just got a huge update that completely overhauled the economy. Very fun.

Province
    Liverpool, UK
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Elite Dangerous is on sale for about 5, any idea if it is worth it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Oliver View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    Damn you and your perfectly valid criticism!

Quote Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Elite Dangerous is on sale for about 5, any idea if it is worth it?
    I don't really know. i actually own it and never played it. I know approximately two people that play(ed) it at some point, and it seems light on story content, but the space stuff is kinda cool. (Particularly with VR)

I am playing Mass Effect Andromeda. It seems to me it wasn't so well recieved by fans, but I must say the gameplay is still great fun, particularly if you play a "Scrapper"/"Vanguard" build with Biotic Charge. Biotic Charge is diametrically opposed to my normal play style for basically any game, but since I discovered this play style in Mass Effect 3's Multiplayer, it's really brilliant.
    My only regret is that I don't realy get to try other builds, because this just fucking works.

The story isn't bad, either. And reminded me how much I love Krogans. Best warrior race take, IMO. (Or really, it's more a "fighter" race, it's not like they attribute particular noble attributes to fighting. They're just very aggressive.)

• Page 286 of 286 FirstFirst ... 186236267268269270271272273274275276277278279280281282283284285286