Thread: Random RPG Thoughts (No Videogames Allowed!)

  1. #5971
    Feanor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Province
    Crystal Lake, IL
    Oratio
    8,366

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Bront View Post
    It takes people to initiate talks too.

    I did Gen Con, but avoid most of the news, so I was either in Lucas Oil or by the DCC corner.
    Same here and yet we didn't cross paths....


    ...or you avoided me - which I completely understand...
    My Other Sword Is Vorpal

 

  • #5972
    I can't believe it's an admin COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Bront's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Province
    Aurora, IL
    Oratio
    26,239

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanor View Post
    Same here and yet we didn't cross paths....


    ...or you avoided me - which I completely understand...
    I was running Star Wars at Gamebase 7 in the morning, and DCC at night. I did catch Dextra and a few others randomly, including my friend who died at GenCon Sunday.

  • #5973
    56% of an excuse nail bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio
    29,550

    Ignore User



    I wouldn't even censor you.

  • #5974
    Quote Originally Posted by Bront View Post
    I was running Star Wars at Gamebase 7 in the morning, and DCC at night. I did catch Dextra and a few others randomly, including my friend who died at GenCon Sunday.
    What the fuck dude! That's terrible.
    You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
    Plato


    Invisible Castle

  • #5975
    I can't believe it's an admin COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Bront's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Province
    Aurora, IL
    Oratio
    26,239

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by loki44 View Post
    What the fuck dude! That's terrible.
    Yeah, was odd to hear about Tuesday. I knew him through NASCRAG. Was a fun guy. We also did a masterful job destroying everyone else in Diplomacy once.

  • #5976
    I want watermelon! Bagpuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    Liverpool, UK
    Oratio
    8,932

    Ignore User
    Greg Stafford has past away.

    https://www.chaosium.com/blogvale-gr...ord-1948-2018/

    Oddly I'm currently running Pendragon for my gaming group
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Oliver View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    Damn you and your perfectly valid criticism!

  • #5977
    like therapy, but cheaper! Cat of Ulthar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Province
    lost
    Oratio
    317

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Greg Stafford has past away.

    https://www.chaosium.com/blogvale-gr...ord-1948-2018/

    Oddly I'm currently running Pendragon for my gaming group
    Le Monde did a piece on him: https://mobile.lemonde.fr/pixels/art....google.com%2F
    Did you know that sharks will only attack you if you are wet?

  • #5978
    I can't believe it's an admin COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Bront's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Province
    Aurora, IL
    Oratio
    26,239

    Ignore User
    I have successfully ended a module series with someone kicking another character in the junk as the final action. Then it's queue up Credits and John Williams mysic.

  • #5979
    I'll be king someday! The It's Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    The Low Countries
    Oratio
    989

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Bront View Post
    I have successfully ended a module series with someone kicking another character in the junk as the final action. Then it's queue up Credits and John Williams mysic.
    No taking of the wallet ?
    Lemon curry?

  • #5980
    56% of an excuse nail bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio
    29,550

    Ignore User
    Ran into this while skimming twitter today and realized two things:

    1 - I actually converse with someone who is a Catholic Heretic (which is interesting)...

    2 - I need to use this is in a Call of Cthulhu game...


    I wouldn't even censor you.

  • #5981
    I want watermelon! Bagpuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    Liverpool, UK
    Oratio
    8,932

    Ignore User
    That's really messy and I'm not sure the point in the "is not" lines, since everything seems to be "is not" the other things, bit of a bump in status for Mary there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Oliver View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    Damn you and your perfectly valid criticism!

  • #5982
    56% of an excuse nail bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio
    29,550

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
    ...bit of a bump in status for Mary there.
    The Philippines are experiencing a bit of the olde "Mary is God" heresy.
    I wouldn't even censor you.

  • #5983
    can't be bothered Eldorian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Province
    US
    Oratio
    4,994

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    The Philippines are experiencing a bit of the olde "Mary is God" heresy.
    I saw a post on reddit that linked to a survey that basically said that something like 70% of American "Christians" are heretics, believing things that were ruled against at the Council of Nicaea. Things like the Holy Spirit being less than Jesus or the Father, or that Jesus was God's first created being, both of which are heresy.

    edit: Oh and the numbers remained consistent even among Evangelicals. It wasn't just lip service "Christians" who were agreeing with heretical statements.

    The "Mary is God" heresy seems more likely to crop up in Catholic communities, however.

  • #5984
    56% of an excuse nail bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio
    29,550

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldorian View Post
    The "Mary is God" heresy seems more likely to crop up in Catholic communities, however.
    Well, yes, as I noted 4 posts ago, it's a Catholic Heresy. And it might be a resurgence of an old one.
    I wouldn't even censor you.

  • #5985
    Bizarre. First, that a "Mary is God" notion exists, and second, that I'd never heard of that before today.
    Fiat justitia ruat coelum.

  • Page 399 of 400 FirstFirst ... 299349380381382383384385386387388389390391392393394395396397398399400 LastLast

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •