Thread: Random RPG Thoughts (No Videogames Allowed!)

Need some ideas... I've got a villain in my 5e D&D game who is essentially a changeling (not in strict-whatever-D&D-monster changeling is, but in a traditional fey changeling way). So far as anyone knows though, he's an important human noble with a rumored history of madness. What I need are some ideas for how his fey-ness could be interpreted as madness so that I can give the PC's some interesting rumors that may give them some ideas.
    We've always been at war with Eastasia.
    If other people's pain didn't amuse me, I wouldn't be a GM. -barsoomcore

Hmm, if he can still shapechange, maybe one rumour would be he likes to dress in womens clothings (he went out as a woman, came back and changed form but had no time to change clothes and a maid or someone saw).
    Also, as a fey he might have a garden where none should be(atop a tower, inside a room and the like) or is sometimes seen talking with animals.
    Maybe he eats only strange food from time to time (only raw meat, only plants, only seeds, ...) or has major moodswings that correlate with the moonphases.

It all depends on what is true for fey in your world...
    Every existing thing is born without reason, prolongs itself out of weakness, and dies by chance.

Province
    Liverpool, UK
    Oratio

Ignore User
    I thought I'd share some of the handouts for Pax Cthuhluiana that I produced, it's the first main clue dump that the investigators find, I'll speak more after the spoiler.

Spoiler:

So in the scenario player's visit John Doe's Flat, to discover some clues. "John Doe" is a stand in name, you are meant to use a NPC the players are familiar with. Since I was previously a player in the campaign, and was running this scenario instead. I made my character the John Doe.

I've added a few handouts to supplement the ones in the scenario, including a Tarot reading, letter with a wax "oak leaf" elder sign seal, a full size map of London in 1920, and I've made the sigil from the scenario from modelling clay rather than just printing it out.

Since my character was the journal keeper in the last campaign, I have updated the journal to reflect his decline into insanity and provide additional clues.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Oliver View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    Damn you and your perfectly valid criticism!

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
    I thought I'd share some of the handouts for Pax Cthuhluiana that I produced, it's the first main clue dump that the investigators find, I'll speak more after the spoiler.

Spoiler:

So in the scenario player's visit John Doe's Flat, to discover some clues. "John Doe" is a stand in name, you are meant to use a NPC the players are familiar with. Since I was previously a player in the campaign, and was running this scenario instead. I made my character the John Doe.

I've added a few handouts to supplement the ones in the scenario, including a Tarot reading, letter with a wax "oak leaf" elder sign seal, a full size map of London in 1920, and I've made the sigil from the scenario from modelling clay rather than just printing it out.

Since my character was the journal keeper in the last campaign, I have updated the journal to reflect his decline into insanity and provide additional clues.

That's a shitload of gorgeous work, Bags!
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    I think ovi's right.

Quote Originally Posted by guyjin View Post
    I can see the Knights of the Dinner Table buying into something like this, particularly Bob & Dave. For us it's an April Fool's joke, but I can totally see Hard Eight offering this in-comic.
    Fiat justitia ruat coelum.

I can't believe it's an admin COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Bront's Avatar
    Province
    Aurora, IL
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Anyone know a good way to get a ton of star wars minis cheap?

Province
    The Flow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Bront View Post
    Anyone know a good way to get a ton of star wars minis cheap?
    Theft?
    I can delete you, one click and you're overwritten.

Province
    Aurora, IL
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    Theft?
    A more reliable way...

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio

Ignore User
    A more reliable way...
    Theft. Very reliable. Keeping them, on the other hand... less.
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    I think ovi's right.

Province
    The Flow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    A more reliable way...
    Theft is pretty reliable... just not legal.

What do you need these minis for?

Province
    Aurora, IL
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Theft is pretty reliable... just not legal.

What do you need these minis for?
    I run a lot of Edge of the Empire at cons now. So looking for minis I can throw in a case and use occasionally.

The Star Wars plastic ones from WOTC would be fine. Don't even need the info cards.

Province
    The Flow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    The Star Wars plastic ones from WOTC would be fine. Don't even need the info cards.
    Ebay? CoolStuffGames?

Quote Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post

Spoiler:

Very cool stuff! Nice work.

Theft?

Dark the stars and dark the moon
    Hush the night and the morning loon
    Tell the horses and beat on your drum
    Gone their master, gone their son.

Dark the oceans, dark the sky
    Hush the whales and the ocean tide
    Tell the salt marsh and beat on your drum
    Gone their master, gone their son.

Province
    The Flow
    Oratio

Ignore User

• Page 396 of 402 FirstFirst ... 296346377378379380381382383384385386387388389390391392393394395396397398399400401402 LastLast