Thread: Random RPG Thoughts (No Videogames Allowed!)

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Kzach View Post
    Mage Hand has a weight limit of 15-lbs. dumbass.

So either you shrunk a 120-lbs. boulder using Enlarge/Reduce to 1/8th of its weight, thus being 15-lbs. and roughly 1 to 2-ft. in diameter depending on composition, from 30 feet up (the distance limit from you of mage hand) on top of an 18 ft. tall fire giant's head, thus falling roughly 10 ft. by ceasing to concentrate on the Enlarge/Reduce spell which would in turn destroy the mage hand by turning it back into a 120-lb. boulder that would then fall that distance and barely get to around 1500 joules, or:

you either cheated or didn't read the description of the item you were using.
    I figure he maybe didn't read the description closely and yet had an awesome game, whereas you did read carefully but are still a miserable sad sack.
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I think ovi's right.

Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovinomancer View Post
    I figure he maybe didn't read the description closely and yet had an awesome game, whereas you did read carefully but are still a miserable sad sack.
    TC obviously had badwrongfun. Examples must be made lest any others pursue this line of heresy and abomination.
    I wouldn't even censor you.

Province
    The Rose City, Pacific NW USA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    As a player, I wasn't allowed to read the description of the item. The DM didn't mention that the shrunken boulder weighed 25 pounds; all he said was that it was small enough to fit in a pocket.
    "d00d,
    most people are idiots"
    --diaglo

Province
    Melbourne
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    TC obviously had badwrongfun. Examples must be made lest any others pursue this line of heresy and abomination.
    Why use a system if you're just going to ignore it? If the only way you can have fun is to cheat, then you're a dumb cunt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Wickett View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I'm mostly with Spoony.

Province
    The land between two rivers
    Oratio

Ignore User
    classic kzach. never change. (by which I mean "you will...", not "you should...")

Province
    Oratio

Ignore User
    If I had known it would upset Kzach so much I would have been much more elaborate.
    "d00d,
    most people are idiots"
    --diaglo

Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarion'sCousin View Post
    If I had known it would upset Kzach so much I would have been much more elaborate.
    I say, regal us. If nothing else you rub Kzach's nose in how much fun your group is having by not being rules sticklers.

Province
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Speaking of Badwrongfun™ when I was 14 and playing AD&D, my PC Paladin killed the god Arioch.

Here's how:

We were high level, about fifteen or so. We had wayyyy too much gold. So the DM let my character buy a "Potion of God Poisoning" for a mere 1 million gp. I bought it.

Fast forward six or eight hours, we were confronted by Arioch, Elric's god in the Moorcock books -- and in the original Deities and Demigods. My paladin ran forward and threw his potion "into the god's mouth."

The DM said "Roll to hit him. You need a natural 20." I rolled a natural 20. He said "Fine, but to get the poison in his mouth you need to roll another 20." Everyone at the table booed, but the DM said "I never said that you would hit him in the mouth." After twenty minutes of arguing I rolled another natural 20. Everyone cheered.

The DM said "Of course he gets his saving throw. He only fails on a one." He rolled a one and dropped his head against the table so loudly the thump was even heard over everyone's cheering.

Arioch had no loot: a ray of purple and gold light shone down upon my PC from the heavens. The DM removed my PC from the game permanently and granted him demigod status. Ah, good times.
    "d00d,
    most people are idiots"
    --diaglo

Some ideas needed: one of the characters in my game wants a crow. It's a 5e game, he's a sorceror (shadow sorceror, per UA) who will take some levels in warlock (archfey patron) down the line. Eventually he plans on jilting his archfey patron when he gets to a certain level, knowing that will cause him complications down the road.

I know what I don't want to do here more than what i DO want to do. I don't want it to simply be like a familiar, or like a Figurine of Wondrous Power crow. It won't be tied to his archfey patron, and in fact I kind of want to use it to pull him towards a particular god in my pantheon: Corvus (the crow god, of course) who is a kind of trickster deity in my world. I was thinking possibly a magical tattoo that he can make take flight, with some limited powers like bane, maybe some limited healing since the party lacks a cleric. Though if I go healing I'd like to add some creepy factor to it - maybe a little more akin to the effects of a vampiric touch spell, where it needs to do some damage or create a bad effect to sap energy from a foe before it can release that energy in healing form.

For example (spitballing this as I go), let's say it can cast bane (it has 3 charges, casting bane takes 1 charge; multiple charges can bump up the casting level to 3, and it regains 1d3 charges each dusk). Bane can affect up to 3 enemies; each one that fails its save gives the crow a level of healing it can bestow with a touch, as cure wounds with an upper limit of 3rd level (ie: 3d8+casting bonus for a single use). Moves and acts as a normal crow/raven, can take damage but can use its stored healing to heal itself too. It would require attunement. Perhaps if the PC decides to pledge fealty or service to Corvus at some later point (ie: higher level) it might gain an extra power, or an upgraded power.

Thoughts?
    We've always been at war with Eastasia.
    If other people's pain didn't amuse me, I wouldn't be a GM. -barsoomcore

Bulldozed NanBlank's home Ghostwind's Avatar
    Province
    Decatur, IN
    Oratio

Ignore User
    The new Star Trek Adventures by Modiphius is one downright gorgeous book. Best damn artwork I've seen in any RPG for awhile.

Today's Sesame Street has been brought to you by the letter Z and the number 9. Remember kids, head shots only!

Author page
    LiveJournal Musings
    DragonWing Games

Province
    US
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Got my Planet Mercenary stuff today. Looks good so far. Gonna read the maxims book. I read the RPG book on pdf. Not a big fan of the dice, but the pins and coin look cool. The cards are decent, but not the highest quality cardstock. The actual books seem fine.

Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldorian View Post
    Got my Planet Mercenary stuff today. Looks good so far. Gonna read the maxims book. I read the RPG book on pdf. Not a big fan of the dice, but the pins and coin look cool. The cards are decent, but not the highest quality cardstock. The actual books seem fine.
    All I'm getting are the two 70 Maxims books... so I might be towards the bottom of the totem pole as far as orders are concerned.

Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Normally I'm a bit down on Rich Burlew... but his A Monster For Every Season paper-minis are pretty cool and cheap.

Spring is the only one released right now, but he'll be releasing the others as he retools them for a Gumroad release (likely with his normal release schedule*).

* And there's my dig at him. I feel better now.

Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    All I'm getting are the two 70 Maxims books... so I might be towards the bottom of the totem pole as far as orders are concerned.
    And they arrived. Didn't expect the m to be hardbacks! That's a nice surprise.

Had an interesting idea for a Fey-related adventure. The Unseelie Court is a thing in my campaign world (or rather a number of Shadow Fey courts, roughly analogous to the Unseelie), and the PC's might need to venture into that realm at some point.

I was thinking of setting it up as a series of dungeons/worlds that need to be traversed before getting to the main event. The Unseelie are associated with winter, so I'm thinking of making the PC's work their way through the seasons to get to Winter: Spring, Summer, Fall, and finally Winter. Kind of like Dante's Inferno, each one must be passed through to get to the next. That's about all I've thought of so far. Now I need to think of what kinds of challenges are tie into each of the seasons: Monsters, hazards, traps, etc. Of course the Wild Hunt will need to make an appearance.
    We've always been at war with Eastasia.
    If other people's pain didn't amuse me, I wouldn't be a GM. -barsoomcore

• Page 392 of 400 FirstFirst ... 292342373374375376377378379380381382383384385386387388389390391392393394395396397398399400 LastLast