Page 8 of 212 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262758108 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions we could google the answers for, but we'd prefer to see what other CM'ers think first.

Province
    In the dogstar house
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarion'sCousin View Post
    That's a long time to have you in a headlock. Glad to see you made good use of your time!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fareeq Mu'Sad X View Post
    ROFL That's what I was thinking as well.

(images of a little kid furiously racing against time to fashion his saliva honed weapon before he passes out)
    Heh. No, actually, I had already been working on that Jolly Rancher (albeit not for the intended purpose of using it as a shiv), when the neighborhood bully (his name was Eugene) came along and started teasing me. I remember looking down at the candy in my hand, thinking how knife-like it looked. Then, when the bully grabbed me and held me in a headlock, I reacted without thinking and jabbed the candy-shiv into his thigh. He yelled and let me go, and ran home to his mom, who (I later heard, because she phoned my mom) had to dig out the broken bit of candy with a pair of tweezers.
    Last edited by Cynosure; December 17th, 2009 at 02:17 PM.

Province
    South Carolina
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Is there any way to adjust the amount of blank space in between lines of text on a Web page? If yes, what kind of code can you use to do this in a Cascading Style Sheet?
    "Amber is about to Detect Magic on your butt" - Hypersmurf

"Alenda is far more evil than me. She's 87% evil, and I'm only 63.5% evil." -- Goblin Girl

"Your evil is so... charming..." -- barsoomcore

new dads don't sleep either Belen's Avatar
    Province
    South Carolina
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Is there anyone who can help Alenda complete the Texas Gameday site? Obviously, no February TX gameday because no website for the last 4 months.
    Sam: But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn't. They kept going. Because they were holding on to something.

Frodo: What are we holding on to Sam?

Sam: That there's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo... and it's worth fighting for.

Province
    Back from the dead, it would seem...
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Does anyone have a holiday fudge recipe that uses Kraft's Marshmallow Fluff but does NOT have any nuts in it? Nuts in fudge are reprehensible and vile. I seem to recall a non-Rocky Road style fudge that used fluff, but cannot for the life of me remember when or where I ate it.
    Omnes lagani pistrinae gelate male sapiunt.
    --
    "Et des boyaux du dernier prêtre, serrons le cou du dernier roi." -- Diderot
    --
    You must be proud, bold, pleasant, resolute,
    And now and then stab, as occasion serves.
    -- Christopher Marlowe,
    Edward II, Act II, Scene I

Province
    South Carolina
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by madweindeer View Post
    Nuts in fudge are reprehensible and vile.
    I agree.
    Sam: But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn't. They kept going. Because they were holding on to something.

Sam: That there's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo... and it's worth fighting for.

freaking RIPPED Rodrigo Istalindir's Avatar
    Province
    The Grand Duchy of Rodrigonia
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Nuts in fudge are reprehensible and vile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Belen View Post
    I agree.
    Care to rethink that, madwabbit?

Province
    South Carolina
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodrigo Inamangir View Post
    Your desire to pack fudge with nuts is noted.

Does anyone have a holiday fudge recipe that uses Kraft's Marshmallow Fluff but does NOT have any nuts in it? Nuts in fudge are reprehensible and vile. I seem to recall a non-Rocky Road style fudge that used fluff, but cannot for the life of me remember when or where I ate it.
    I have a recipe somewhere for Ribbon Fantasy fudge, which is chocolate fudge on the bottom, peanut butter fudge on the top. I suppose if the nut hatred extends to peanut butter you could just make the chcolate layer. But I'd have to find the damn thing.
    Opportunity is usually missed because it shows up in overalls looking like work. -- Mike Rowe

Province
    Back from the dead, it would seem...
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodrigo Inamangir View Post
    Your desire to pack fudge with nuts is noted.
    Nah, I'm good.

Quote Originally Posted by poinsettia blossom View Post
    I have a recipe somewhere for Ribbon Fantasy fudge, which is chocolate fudge on the bottom, peanut butter fudge on the top. I suppose if the nut hatred extends to peanut butter you could just make the chcolate layer. But I'd have to find the damn thing.
    Awesome. Nope, peanut butter is fine -- just nothing crunchy in my fudge.
    Omnes lagani pistrinae gelate male sapiunt.
    --
    "Et des boyaux du dernier prêtre, serrons le cou du dernier roi." -- Diderot
    --
    You must be proud, bold, pleasant, resolute,
    And now and then stab, as occasion serves.
    -- Christopher Marlowe,
    Edward II, Act II, Scene I

Province
    The palace of WTF!
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Is there anyone who can help Alenda complete the Texas Gameday site? Obviously, no February TX gameday because no website for the last 4 months.
    I think I offered via PM a while back.

Or if you're just kidding ... IGNORE ME.

Quote Originally Posted by Alendalujah View Post
    Is there any way to adjust the amount of blank space in between lines of text on a Web page? If yes, what kind of code can you use to do this in a Cascading Style Sheet?
    I'm lazy enough to just go with more <br> tags because fuck it I ain't gettin' paid.
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I believe the hammer locking back is PWD's trigger warning.

I'll be king someday! The It's Man's Avatar
    Province
    The Low Countries
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Alendalujah View Post
    Yes, with line-height

Example:
    Code:
    <style type="text/css">
    body {line-height: 200%}
    </style>
    You could also use px or cm instead of the %;
    IIRC % is not in relation to standard line height but to the size of the font.
    Lemon curry?

Province
    The Rose City, Pacific NW USA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynosure View Post
    Heh. No, actually, I had already been working on that Jolly Rancher (albeit not for the intended purpose of using it as a shiv), when the neighborhood bully (his name was Eugene) came along and started teasing me. I remember looking down at the candy in my hand, thinking how knife-like it looked. Then, when the bully grabbed me and held me in a headlock, I reacted without thinking and jabbed the candy-shiv into his thigh. He yelled and let me go, and ran home to his mom, who (I later heard, because she phoned my mom) had to dig out the broken bit of candy with a pair of tweezers.
    And did say "It won't happen again--because after hearing about all the violence your son does to our little Cyno we've gotten him a REAL BIG KNIFE!"?
    "d00d,
    most people are idiots"
    --diaglo

Nah, I'm good.

Awesome. Nope, peanut butter is fine -- just nothing crunchy in my fudge.
    Ribbon Fantasy Fudge

3 cups sugar
    3/4 cup Parkay margarine
    2/3 evaporated milk
    6oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
    7 oz. Kraft marshmallow crème
    1 tsp vanilla
    1/2 cup creamy peanut butter

Combine 1 1/2 cups sugar, 6 tablespoons margarine and 1/3 cup milk in saucepan; bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Continue boiling for 4 minutes over medium heat, stirring constantly to avoid scorching. Remove from heat; stir in chocolate until melted. Add 1/2 jar of marshmallow creme and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla; beat until well blended. Pour into greased 9x13 pan. Repeat with remaining ingredients, substituting peanut butter for chocolate . Spread peanut butter mixture over chocolate layer. Cool at room temperature. Cut into pieces.
    Opportunity is usually missed because it shows up in overalls looking like work. -- Mike Rowe

Province
    South Carolina
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Power Word Decorations View Post
    I'm lazy enough to just go with more <br> tags because fuck it I ain't gettin' paid.
    Nice! Except that I actually want to shrink the amount of space in between lines, not expand it. Thanks to the It's Man for the help!!!

It's all coded in PHP with a MySQL backend. I don't know either of those things, so I think I'm doing pretty good considering... Well, except that I'm a terrible procrastinator and haven't touched the thing in like a month.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Claus View Post
    I think I offered via PM a while back.
    I'm not at the "testing" stage yet, though. Just at the "OMG, I'm way over my head here stage." Honestly, though, I think sitting down with it and writing out the list of tables and how they map to each other will help out immensely.

Does anyone have a holiday fudge recipe that uses Kraft's Marshmallow Fluff but does NOT have any nuts in it?
    One of our new friends has a nut allergy and his wife was talking about making fudge like this. The recipe is on the back of the Kraft Marshmallow Fluff jar.
    "Amber is about to Detect Magic on your butt" - Hypersmurf

"Alenda is far more evil than me. She's 87% evil, and I'm only 63.5% evil." -- Goblin Girl

"Your evil is so... charming..." -- barsoomcore

• Page 8 of 212 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262758108 ... LastLast