Page 7 of 212 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252657107 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 3171

Thread: Questions we could google the answers for, but we'd prefer to see what other CM'ers think first.

  1. #91
    What Would Oprah Do? Cynosure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Province
    In the dogstar house
    Oratio
    2,278

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodrigo Inamangir View Post
    What's the name of that Parker Brothers board game where you move the pieces around the board and can bump opponents pieces and send them back to the start?
    Quote Originally Posted by Seonaid View Post
    Sorry!.
    Speaking of which, this game is awesome... !





    Slide, COLLIDE and SCORE TO WIN! This is a new twist on the classic board game, Sorry!

    Grab your roller pawn and take aim - then skillfully slide it down your track onto the target board! A good slide could score big points, but watch out! An opponent's pawn may slam your pawn onto a Sorry! space - and out of the game!
    Last edited by Cynosure; December 16th, 2009 at 05:35 PM.

 

  • #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Alendalujah View Post
    This is actually what I do for couples who have different last names and no kids, but usually when I address a Christmas card to folks who have kids I'll write "Insertlastname Family". I only have one couple on my Christmas card list who are married with different last names and have children. I end up addressing it as "Smith Family" anyway even though the wife is Mrs. Jane Doe. I just wonder if that's the right way to do it.
    I just make it a point not to be friends with those kinds of people.
    www.scottmoorecoaching.com

    The next CAMP NCGD is on April 27-May1, 2017.

  • #93
    Has anyone ever been stabbed to death with a candy cane? They get awfully sharp.

  • #94
    What Would Oprah Do? Cynosure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Province
    In the dogstar house
    Oratio
    2,278

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by The Goth of Christmas Past View Post
    Has anyone ever been stabbed to death with a candy cane? They get awfully sharp.
    I once, as a little kid, shiv'ed the neighborhood bully in his thigh with an apple-flavored Jolly Rancher Stix, which I had licked and sharpened to a knife's edge, because he had me in a headlock and wouldn't let me go.


  • #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Alendalujah View Post
    This is actually what I do for couples who have different last names and no kids, but usually when I address a Christmas card to folks who have kids I'll write "Insertlastname Family". I only have one couple on my Christmas card list who are married with different last names and have children. I end up addressing it as "Smith Family" anyway even though the wife is Mrs. Jane Doe. I just wonder if that's the right way to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovinoprancer View Post
    It's the Ovinomancer family.
    Pretty much this. We're like that, and you addressed our card perfectly. Thanks, by the way!

    Quote Originally Posted by JingleRel View Post
    I just make it a point not to be friends with those kinds of people.
    That explains so much.
    "This shit happens to me all the time at pizza places. I'm like, 'GIVE ME A PIZZA!' And they're all, 'What size, and what toppings would you like?' And I'm all 'WHATEVER THE FUCKING NORMAL PIZZA SIZE AND TOPPINGS ARE!'" -Nareau "Encounter in a Subway"

    "The wise man does not seek enlightenment, he waits for it. So while I was waiting, it occurred to me that seeking perplexity might be more fun."-Terry Pratchett's Thief of Time

    "'Greater good'? I am your wife! I am the greatest good you are ever gonna get." -The Incredibles

  • #96
    freaking RIPPED Rodrigo Istalindir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Province
    The Grand Duchy of Rodrigonia
    Oratio
    10,591

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by The Goth of Christmas Past View Post
    Has anyone ever been stabbed to death with a candy cane? They get awfully sharp.
    I know my mom considered it a number of years back when her mother-in-law ignored her and put unwrapped candy canes on our tree. In Florida, where the ambient temp that Christmas was in the low 80s. In grandma's defense, they did turn the carpet a festiive color.

  • #97
    Swift Zombie! Alenda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Province
    South Carolina
    Oratio
    12,174

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Prisstletoe View Post
    Pretty much this. We're like that, and you addressed our card perfectly. Thanks, by the way!
    I totally didn't even realize you guys were like that! And you're welcome.
    "Amber is about to Detect Magic on your butt" - Hypersmurf

    "Alenda is far more evil than me. She's 87% evil, and I'm only 63.5% evil." -- Goblin Girl

    "Your evil is so... charming..." -- barsoomcore

  • #98
    holiday cheers! Tarion'sCousin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Province
    The Rose City, Pacific NW USA
    Oratio
    9,597

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynosure View Post
    I once, as a little kid, shiv'ed the neighborhood bully in his thigh with an apple-flavored Jolly Rancher Stix, which I had licked and sharpened to a knife's edge, because he had me in a headlock and wouldn't let me go.
    That's a long time to have you in a headlock. Glad to see you made good use of your time!
    "d00d,
    most people are idiots"
    --diaglo

  • #99
    best Christmas evah! COMMUNITY SUPPORTER cinnamon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Province
    By that one tree.
    Oratio
    11,254

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by JingleRel View Post
    I just make it a point not to be friends with those kinds of people.
    J: Yea, well... cinnamon thinks everything is funny.
    cinn: hahaha!

    cinn: I'm officially sick of being in the car.
    GL: Ok, well let's play I Spy.
    cinn: Ok! I spy.... A HAWK!
    GL: ...
    GL: Man, you SUCK at I Spy.
    cinn: Well I had to do it fast! It was flying away!


  • #100
    Lieutenant Dummy Stupid-Butt Ftumch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    The corner barstool
    Oratio
    22,329

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarion'sCousin View Post
    That's a long time to have you in a headlock. Glad to see you made good use of your time!
    ROFL That's what I was thinking as well.

    (images of a little kid furiously racing against time to fashion his saliva honed weapon before he passes out)
    ---In real life, vampires only sparkle when they're on fire.

  • #101
    56% of an excuse nail bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Province
    The Flow
    Oratio
    30,170

    Ignore User
    Riddle me this:

    Dual processor and dual core, what's the difference and which is better?
    I can delete you, one click and you're overwritten.

  • #102
    freaking RIPPED Rodrigo Istalindir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Province
    The Grand Duchy of Rodrigonia
    Oratio
    10,591

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by noel bunny View Post
    Riddle me this:

    Dual processor and dual core, what's the difference and which is better?
    Dual-processor is two discrete chips, each in their own socket on the motherboard and each containing all the logic, support circuitry, and so forth for independent operation.

    Dual-core is essentially a single chip with one socket and one set of the support stuff, but two complete logic processors.

    In most circumstances, dual-core should better than dual-processor (assuming the chip speed is the same), because the power requrements will be less, the motherboard will cost a lot less, and performance will be in the same ballkpark. Performance is hard to predict, because there are edge cases where one will outperform the other by a lot. But in most cases, the price/performance/power ratios will greatly favor multi-core solutions.

    Also, largely moot, since nearly all mainstream processors now are multi-core, so even in dual-processor situations, it's both multi-processor and multi-core.
    Last edited by Rodrigo Istalindir; December 17th, 2009 at 12:44 PM.

  • #103
    diaglo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Province
    Stoned Mtn, GA
    Oratio
    36,522

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by JingleRel
    I just make it a point not to be friends with those kinds of people.
    FWIW, I'm on the design team and I pretty much find WoW as fun and interesting as banging my head against a brick wall.-- Mike Mearls

    I mean, I never GET any but that would be preferable. --Rel

  • #104
    56% of an excuse nail bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Province
    The Flow
    Oratio
    30,170

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodrigo Inamangir View Post
    Also, largely moot, since nearly all mainstream processors now are multi-core, so even in dual-core situations, it's both multi-processor and multi-core.

    And that is what I couldn't figure out using Google!


    Thanks CM!
    I can delete you, one click and you're overwritten.

  • #105
    Quote Originally Posted by noel bunny View Post
    And that is what I couldn't figure out using Google!


    Thanks CM!
    And where should Rodrigo know this then?
    I find his information dubious at best.

  • Page 7 of 212 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252657107 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •