Page 5 of 212 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232455105 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions we could google the answers for, but we'd prefer to see what other CM'ers think first.

Province
    The palace of WTF!
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodrigo Inamangir View Post
    Hey! That wasn't there when I tried it!

Province
    The Rose City, Pacific NW USA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Claus View Post
    I'll have you know that I most certainly googled "How often does JC reboot his computer?".

The Mr. Google was no help with that one.
    Try this one instead. The first result looks promising.
    "d00d,
    most people are idiots"
    --diaglo

Province
    The palace of WTF!
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarion'sCousin View Post
    Try this one instead. The first result looks promising.
    That one wasn't either!

Quote Originally Posted by TinsletownJay View Post
    How often do you reboot your computer?
    Is shut down my private PC every evening. No need to have it running, and I typically close all software when I am done.

On my work PC... pretty much only when I need to update. Most software I use daily keeps running and I let the PC hibernate over night.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe_Ridcully View Post
    Is shut down my private PC every evening. No need to have it running, and I typically close all software when I am done.
    Ditto here.

Why does my dog get gunk in the corner of his eyes?

Quote Originally Posted by Ho-ho-hobo! View Post

??
    Not Parker Brothers--Milton Bradley/Hasbro
    "This shit happens to me all the time at pizza places. I'm like, 'GIVE ME A PIZZA!' And they're all, 'What size, and what toppings would you like?' And I'm all 'WHATEVER THE FUCKING NORMAL PIZZA SIZE AND TOPPINGS ARE!'" -Nareau "Encounter in a Subway"

"The wise man does not seek enlightenment, he waits for it. So while I was waiting, it occurred to me that seeking perplexity might be more fun."-Terry Pratchett's Thief of Time

"'Greater good'? I am your wife! I am the greatest good you are ever gonna get." -The Incredibles

Province
    Kekistan
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup the Christmas Goblin View Post
    Why does my dog get gunk in the corner of his eyes?
    Same reason you do. However having no thumbs he can't as easily clean them in the mornin.
    I wouldn't even censor you.

What is the average airspeed of an unladen swallow? (European or otherwise?)

Province
    South Carolina
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by TinsletownJay View Post
    How often do you reboot your computer?
    My work computer? I dunno... maybe like once every two weeks or so. Usually when I have to undock it for a meeting and then redock it.

Quote Originally Posted by Festivus View Post
    I prefer grilled cheese plain, no pickles or condiments, often served with a glass of milk.
    I loooooove grilled cheese with yellow mustard. It makes me happy on the inside. Like "dancing in the rain" happy.

My question:

How do I address an envelope to a family when the mother and father have different last names?
    "Amber is about to Detect Magic on your butt" - Hypersmurf

"Alenda is far more evil than me. She's 87% evil, and I'm only 63.5% evil." -- Goblin Girl

"Your evil is so... charming..." -- barsoomcore

Quote Originally Posted by Alendalujah View Post

How do I address an envelope to a family when the mother and father have different last names?
    Maybe:
    Mr. Ephraim Kishon and Mrs. Sabine Leutheuser-Schnarrenberger
    6789 Welfare Street,
    12345 CA
    USA
    Or maybe decorum demands that you put the woman's name first?

Province
    To the left of reality. Behind reason. Right next to the backside of beyond.
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Jingle all the Wayne View Post
    Oranges are larger and generally tarter. Tangerine wedges will usually separate smoothly and with a minimum of fuss, especially if the waxy white webbing is removed beforehand; the skin will almost always separate very easily, as opposed to most oranges. Tangerine season is very short, typically Nov/Dec/Jan; I don't know about the best season for oranges, but off-season oranges tend to have a much thicker rind and can be sour.

Tangerine is also one of the best and most vibrant flavors of Jelly Belly jellybeans, and one of the more accurate.
    Tangerines also have a much thinner skin than oranges, if I remember correctly.
    That reminds me, I have to get myself some next time I go shopping.

Mmmm. Vitamin C.
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

Delivery is made on the basis of the address, not the name; omit the last names altogether.
    Fiat justitia ruat coelum.

Province
    Back from the dead, it would seem...
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup the Christmas Goblin View Post
    Incorrect. You should actually attempt to google before posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Santa's Advocate View Post
    Delivery is made on the basis of the address, not the name; omit the last names altogether.
    I remember a Miss Manners column from back in the day, in which she recommended that the address lines be separated, to wit:

Ms. Jane Doe
    Mr. John Smith
    123 Somewhere Place
    Anytown, USA

Note the inclusion of honorifics (and yes, here in the 21st century, Ms. is an acceptable honorific) and last names.
    Omnes lagani pistrinae gelate male sapiunt.
    --
    "Et des boyaux du dernier prÍtre, serrons le cou du dernier roi." -- Diderot
    --
    You must be proud, bold, pleasant, resolute,
    And now and then stab, as occasion serves.
    -- Christopher Marlowe,
    Edward II, Act II, Scene I

Province
    Stoned Mtn, GA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Mother Fucker and Father Christmas
    123 Main St
    Your Town, USA 12345
    FWIW, I'm on the design team and I pretty much find WoW as fun and interesting as banging my head against a brick wall.-- Mike Mearls

I mean, I never GET any but that would be preferable. --Rel

• Page 5 of 212 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232455105 ... LastLast