Page 3 of 212 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212253103 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions we could google the answers for, but we'd prefer to see what other CM'ers think first.

Province
    The Paddock
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by JingleRel View Post
    WTF?
    Fetus Found in Gift Box, Texas Couple Charged
    Tuesday, December 15, 2009

SAN JUAN, Texas A south Texas couple put an aborted 7-month-old fetus in a gift box under a Christmas tree after they were unable to flush the remains down a toilet, authorities alleged Monday.

Ruby Lee Medina, 31, and Javier Gonzalez, 37, of Mission, have been charged with abuse of a corpse and tampering with evidence. Bond was set Monday at $20,000 each.

A woman who answered the telephone at the San Juan city jail Monday night said she could not say whether Medina or Gonzalez had retained an attorney.

San Juan Police Chief Juan Gonzalez said police found the fetus inside the woman's trailer home Thursday after getting an anonymous tip.

Autopsy results are pending, but Gonzalez said police believe the woman used pills to induce an abortion Thursday, then called an ambulance after she began bleeding and told doctors she didn't know where the fetus was.

The police chief said the couple tried to flush the fetus down the toilet, but that didn't work.

"Apparently they cleaned up the fetus and they placed it inside a gift box under the Christmas tree," the police chief said.
    Might not be THE answer, but it's AN answer.

First Day On The Internet Calamari Face's Avatar
    Province
    Band of Workermootly Kithish Commonwealths
    Oratio

Ignore User
    31 and 37, huh. I would have expected such panicky stupidity to come from younger folks.

OTOH, they're from Texas.

And probably Catholic.

I don't think CF and I agree on much at all, and probably not this. -- Ovinomancer, The Senate, 28 June 2011

I find myself in full agreement with CF. -- Ovinomancer, The Senate, 1 July 2011

Larry Sanders 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by madweindeer View Post
    To add to that, is a Clementine different from a tangerine, and how come they're usually (or seem to be) only sold around Xmas?
    And why are they twice as expensive as tangerines?

Quote Originally Posted by Ovinoprancer View Post
    Might not be THE answer, but it's AN answer.

"This shit happens to me all the time at pizza places. I'm like, 'GIVE ME A PIZZA!' And they're all, 'What size, and what toppings would you like?' And I'm all 'WHATEVER THE FUCKING NORMAL PIZZA SIZE AND TOPPINGS ARE!'" -Nareau "Encounter in a Subway"

"The wise man does not seek enlightenment, he waits for it. So while I was waiting, it occurred to me that seeking perplexity might be more fun."-Terry Pratchett's Thief of Time

"'Greater good'? I am your wife! I am the greatest good you are ever gonna get." -The Incredibles

These are the lyrics to the song that the Whos sing around the Who-tree in "How The Grinch Stole Christmas."
    Fiat justitia ruat coelum.

What is it about the face of a dog that humans find so appealing?

Seriously. Look at this face and tell me how it makes you feel, and why.

Province
    South Carolina
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Prisstletoe View Post
    And why are they twice as expensive as tangerines?
    I am really weird about my citrus. I'm not a fan of store-bought oranges or tangerines, but would jump off a cliff for a Clementine, because they're THAT GOOD.

IMHO, I think tangerines are more tart and Clementines are more sweet. Also, tangerines seem to have more "white stuff" which makes them more bitter and more work. Clementines require minimal pre-consumption preparation. The peel almost falls off, and there is a limited amount of white stuff to have to pick off. Plus, they're always amazingly juicy and delicious whereas tangerines can be dry.

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup the Christmas Goblin View Post
    It makes me smile. Chaucer looks very thoughtful and intellectual in this pic. If he was wearing a tweed jacket, he could totally rock the Professor look.
    "Amber is about to Detect Magic on your butt" - Hypersmurf

"Alenda is far more evil than me. She's 87% evil, and I'm only 63.5% evil." -- Goblin Girl

"Your evil is so... charming..." -- barsoomcore

Okay, Chaucer is just begging for some scritches behind the ears. Sooooo cute.
    "This shit happens to me all the time at pizza places. I'm like, 'GIVE ME A PIZZA!' And they're all, 'What size, and what toppings would you like?' And I'm all 'WHATEVER THE FUCKING NORMAL PIZZA SIZE AND TOPPINGS ARE!'" -Nareau "Encounter in a Subway"

"The wise man does not seek enlightenment, he waits for it. So while I was waiting, it occurred to me that seeking perplexity might be more fun."-Terry Pratchett's Thief of Time

"'Greater good'? I am your wife! I am the greatest good you are ever gonna get." -The Incredibles

Well now I'm sorry I asked. This thread sucks.
    www.scottmoorecoaching.com

The next CAMP NCGD is on April 27-May1, 2017.

the sandwich is next! SeatownJay's Avatar
    Province
    In my own mind
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Chaucer appears to be staring at Wil thinking "You won't eat something called 'puppy chow' but you'll eat that?"
    space for rent

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup the Christmas Goblin View Post
    What is it about the face of a dog that humans find so appealing?

Awesome, because it looks exactly like my dog!

Province
    Detroit, yo
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodrigo Inamangir View Post
    What's the name of that Parker Brothers board game where you move the pieces around the board and can bump opponents pieces and send them back to the start?

??

Province
    Detroit, yo
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Calamari Face View Post
    Is not. A7 is fewer characters and fewer strokes of the pen, too, if you're writing it out.

In fact, since "half-diminished" necessarily implies a seventh chord, you could just write "A".
    Yeah, but if you're typing it, you have to go into the character map, so it's much more difficult to do.

the sandwich is next! SeatownJay's Avatar
    Province
    In my own mind
    Oratio

Ignore User
    How often do you reboot your computer?
    space for rent

dancing with my penis! Festivus's Avatar
    Province
    Alhambra, California, USA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Bovine View Post
    You will need

2 slices of Stone Milled Dempster's whole wheat bread (surprisingly fresh bread has never made good GCS ime )
    2 Kraft cheese slices OR 3 thick cut slices of aged chedder depending on your mood. I like the creamness of cheese slices myself.
    2-3 tbsp of margarine

Heat a 10" fry pan to medium heat. Spread margarine on one side of one slice of bread. Place the bread, margarine side down, in the pan. Place the cheese on the bread in the pan. Spread margarine on the other slice of bread. Place the unmargarined side of the bread on the cheese slices. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until the bottom of the bread is golden brown. Flip and repeat. Remove from heat cut diagonally and serve with ketchup, dill pickles and/or bread & butter pickles.

You asked...
    Margarine?!? Only if you want a marginal grilled cheese sandwich. Butter is what is required for a proper grilled cheese.

I do agree it needs to be Kraft American Cheese however, they are the only ones who make really good "processed cheese food product". I also use a good dense white bread, like Wonder bread, and finally BUTTER (preferably very soft sitting in the butter dish all day). I prefer grilled cheese plain, no pickles or condiments, often served with a glass of milk.

Province
    Back from the dead, it would seem...
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by TinsletownJay View Post
    How often do you reboot your computer?
    Windows machines, daily.

Mac, maybe once a week, or after a software update.
    Omnes lagani pistrinae gelate male sapiunt.
    --
    "Et des boyaux du dernier prtre, serrons le cou du dernier roi." -- Diderot
    --
    You must be proud, bold, pleasant, resolute,
    And now and then stab, as occasion serves.
    -- Christopher Marlowe,
    Edward II, Act II, Scene I

• Page 3 of 212 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212253103 ... LastLast